Week 1 Other Games Thread

Northern Iowa leads Iowa St midway though 2nd quarter.

Not upset alert time yet, but interesting. Looks like Iowa St is controlling clock but not converting when they need to.

Let's let this play out more than a week.
Penix is 8 for 20 with 3 interceptions
Indy has 16 carries for 50 yards.

Good defense, but something tells me this Indy offense isn't in mid-season form.
Stop it with this sensible take.

They're not even going to make a bowl game!!

Then I'm not sure you have much of a point?
If you're not sure then you need to look inside yourself. If Boise State won the title, does that mean the conference is the champion or the team? Saban can coach Coastal Carolina and win the title. Doesn't mean the conference is the best. My point was I hate Michigan and Wisconsin even in bowl games and I don't care about the conference. I only care about what Minnesota does.

If you're not sure then you need to look inside yourself. If Boise State won the title, does that mean the conference is the champion or the team? Saban can coach Coastal Carolina and win the title. Doesn't mean the conference is the best. My point was I hate Michigan and Wisconsin even in bowl games and I don't care about the conference. I only care about what Minnesota does.
I'm fine with your preference ... but the things you're citing don't really support it.

Your point would be like saying "if you take away the SEC's top 8 teams ... then no one left would ever win a national championship! See, it's not about having the SEC patch in your uniform!"

I'm fine with your preference ... but the things you're citing don't really support it.

Your point would be like saying "if you take away the SEC's top 8 teams ... then no one left would ever win a national championship! See, it's not about having the SEC patch in your uniform!"
You were banned for a reason.

Overturned turnover makes my head explode linguistically, and also would make a good name for a pastry, college football podcast, or fight song playing bar band
Miami. What a piece of shit program. They were good during the cocaine days, but they are grasping at straws to think they will be back. Jimmie Johnson and his "Fuck, I'll buy the drugs for you" days are gone.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALABAMA. Make Miami look like absolute shit. Gophers did a lot better job against OSU.

Miami. What a piece of shit program. They were good during the cocaine days, but they are grasping at straws to think they will be back. Jimmie Johnson and his "Fuck, I'll buy the drugs for you" days are gone.
It was telling that Miami, preseason #14, was a substantially larger underdog to Alabama than Minnesota was to Ohio State.

Nebraska, Tennessee ....

The methods they used to win, would be cheating and probably illegal these days. Maybe back then too.

Nebraska, Tennessee ....

The methods they used to win, would be cheating and probably illegal these days. Maybe back then too.
Actually, Miami methods have recently been approved by the Supreme Court

Every year we have the same over-rated teams to start the year, don't we?

Texas, Miami, etc.

Edit: Texas is currently leading another ranked team, so that's fresh.

It was telling that Miami, preseason #14, was a substantially larger underdog to Alabama than Minnesota was to Ohio State.
Surprising. Maybe sombody has a little hidden respect for the Gophs. Or Alabama is so head and shoulders above anyone else.

Texas, Miami, etc.
If we're going to pre-rank teams based on players and coaches from years ago who long ago have left the program, why not start Minnesota top 15 every year? We do deserve that based on total history.

Texas, Miami, etc.

Edit: Texas is currently leading another ranked team, so that's fresh.
Now Louisiana, along with Coastal Carolina ... there are some actual overrated teams that probably don't "deserve" anything from what they did last year.

My first college football Saturday as a cord cutter.

Youtube TV + T-mobile Home Internet. Has been quite slick. Only about 60% of what my Comcast bill was.

Ohio state would’ve been a 15 point dog to Alabama if the game was in the shoe

Ohio state would’ve been a 15 point dog to Alabama if the game was in the shoe
Yes. Alabama has the lion's share of the best players. Then it's a toss up between Georgia, OSU, Oklahoma, LSU for 2nd place. Could be missing 1 or 2 programs.

My first college football Saturday as a cord cutter.

Youtube TV + T-mobile Home Internet. Has been quite slick. Only about 60% of what my Comcast bill was.
So your home router is getting ISP from a cell tower?

Hope they're giving you a huge data cap. But I've never seen anything like the for cell data.

Or is it a T-Mobile branded landline?

Restrepo with the TD. Give some love to Afghanistan.

So your home router is getting ISP from a cell tower?

Hope they're giving you a huge data cap. But I've never seen anything like the for cell data.

Or is it a T-Mobile branded landline?

Yes. I signed up a week ago. Same 5G tower my phone connects to. Unlimited data, $50 a month including all taxes and fees. I get about 200-500 MB download speed.

I live in a dense part of Chicago near a cell tower. So it's not for everyone. But if you get good 5G service at your home it's been very smooth so far.

Fair enough!

I'm surprised that an industry that charges $50/mo to have 10-20GB/month on a mobile device, would cave to "unlimited" (check the fine print ... it's not truly unlimited, there will be a cap like say 500GB/month) even for a fixed antenna on a home.

Regardless, It will just not be physically possible to shift most ISP traffic to cell towers. Don't care how crazy good the algorithms, protocols, and radios get.

But for limited cases, it probably can work well.

Let's let this play out more than a week.
Penix is 8 for 20 with 3 interceptions
Indy has 16 carries for 50 yards.

Good defense, but something tells me this Indy offense isn't in mid-season form.
Listen, I hate Iowa as much as the next guy, but don't try and convince me that the Hawkeye defense is not pretty damn good.

That said...Wisky offense today convinced me we beat the Badgers.

Listen, I hate Iowa as much as the next guy, but don't try and convince me that the Hawkeye defense is not pretty damn good.

Iowa defense is good. But Indiana was really bad today. Iowa was my preseason pick in the west but I don’t think they’re unbeatable

Oh, I'm not implying Hawkeye defense isn't good. It's always pretty damn good.

For the Gophers though, the thought is we should be able to control the game against them simply through our offensive line and efficient pass game.

After crushing Indy today, their schedule suddenly looks much easier.

Top Bottom