We are ranked 20th!!!

This confirms the AP is full of dinks.

Very fun to show up on these rankings. Keep it going.

WOW!!

The showing against Ohio state must have weighed very heavy to make them discount Bowling Green.

Herbstreit had some nice things to say about PJ and the program.

Maybe. But this is why the CFP rankings come out when they do. The guys were talking about reasons why OSU should be above Oregon (they aren't)....and one of those reasons is because OSU has improved significantly. The Gophers have clearly improved a lot since that BG loss. Four straight Big Ten wins....and have crushed the Vegas set lines in each of those weeks.

I'd like to see Cinci in the top 4 just for some new blood in the playoff but otherwise, I'm satisfied. (I know. I should be pulling for OSU to get another Big Ten team in.)

Imagine where we would be if we were 7-1!
Imagine 8-0... if we're imagining things.

I'm imagining what woulda/shoulda/coulda have happened against tOSU if CrAB had been healthy... if Mo hadn't gone down... etc.

Then again, it's also easy to imagine what happens Saturday if that #20 becomes too distracting.

I thought rankings didn’t matter this early in the season?
CFP ranking is like pre-season for us. We’re ranked 20th in “pre-season”….this will allow us “UMN fans” to see our Gophers climb as we sought after BigTen Championship game week after week. 🙌

I'm imagining what woulda/shoulda/coulda have happened against tOSU if CrAB had been healthy... if Mo hadn't gone down... etc.

Then again, it's also easy to imagine what happens Saturday if that #20 becomes too distracting.

My God, but you're just a lil' ol' ray of sunshine!

Every silver lining has a cloud, yes?

You can't be serious. The CFP rankings are not the same as the earlier rankings. Even someone like you should be able to grasp that, I would think.

And — the key phrase would be "this early in the season". It's no longer early. Maybe you've heard.

Personally, I hope those doing the rankings have enough sense to weigh the early season games less. So even I win against OSU wouldn't have the same impact as it could have.

This is Minnesota... and you're whining about sunshine?

I'm not the one doing the whining, Eeyore.

I'm celebrating. You're imagining worst-case scenarios, as in losing to Illinois because being ranked #20 might be "too distracting.".

And — the key phrase would be "this early in the season". It's no longer early. Maybe you've heard.
Hmm. On Saturday, in a discussion about whether we would be ranked this week, you had the following quotes:

“Rankings still don't matter. Give it a few more weeks.”

“And I'm here to say that being ranked this week is incredibly unimportant. It means nothing.”

“a thread about being ranked this week seems like a perfect place to posit my opinion about being ranked this week, which is: being ranked this week is really, really unimportant.”

You can't be serious. The CFP rankings are not the same as the earlier rankings. Even someone like you should be able to grasp that, I would think.
Maybe Murray just can't grasp that sarcasm... or he's reliving his John McEnroe fantasies.

Hmm. On Saturday, in a discussion about whether we would be ranked this week, you had the following quotes:

“Rankings still don't matter. Give it a few more weeks.”

“And I'm here to say that being ranked this week is incredibly unimportant. It means nothing.”

“a thread about being ranked this week seems like a perfect place to posit my opinion about being ranked this week, which is: being ranked this week is really, really unimportant.”

Okay, you got me. Too much enthusiasm for a Minnesotan. Two minutes in the penalty box, or... whatever.

Can you link those posts of mine, please? Are all of them from the same week?

Last edited:

I guess 3 days makes all the difference.

RememberMurray, Saturday after the NW game:

"being ranked this week is really, really unimportant."

I stand by my earlier statement that polls last week are not as important as the CFP poll. Do you agree, Matt?

I guess 3 days makes all the difference.

Remember Murray, Saturday after the NW game:

"being ranked this week is really, really unimportant."

And it is unimportant, compared to the CFP poll — which just now came out. So yes; three days to a different (poll) world.

Which poll is most important, in your eyes?

Top Bottom