Was this an offsides on us?

Did the refs get the call right?

• Horrible call, we got fucked

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • They made the right call

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

No it likely wasn't. But that wasn't why we lost. We lost because we gave a team that couldn't drive 80 yards and gave them two super short touchdowns.

Games are 60 minutes long. Stuff happens at the beginning of the game and at the end. The Gophers should have had a shot to win.....or at the very least......tie the game regardless of what happened in the first half.

I don't get the mindset of we didn't lose because of one play it was because of the other one play. All of the mistakes aside the Gophers were in position to tie or win the game. You can't make that call. Also a play like that not being reviewable, why? What is the point of replay then?

I don't get the mindset of we didn't lose because of one play it was because of the other one play. All of the mistakes aside the Gophers were in position to tie or win the game. You can't make that call. Also a play like that not being reviewable, why? What is the point of replay then?
Not reviewable because if they did it for one penalty, you gotta do it for them all then you’re reviewing holding all year

They blew the call (not a shock when MIchigan is the opponent). No way of knowing how it would have all finished though. Bummer to not at least get the shot to try and win it.

Are we sure hands/arm isn’t across. I realize it isn’t called consistently but my understanding is any part of body qualifies.

Someone on twitter pointed it out that the ball hit number 0 in the knees just before the 45 yard line.

Someone on twitter pointed it out that the ball hit number 0 in the knees just before the 45 yard line.

It's close. But if that were the case.....illegal touching CAN be reviewed. You can't review an offsides call.

Well there’s a bunch of Michigan fans saying it was a horrible call so that says all you need to know

Well there’s a bunch of Michigan fans saying it was a horrible call so that says all you need to know

I have no doubt many there are hating on their staff for what was an ugly win ugly second half, fortunate escape. Nobody’s happy with the game but they get a W in the win column, at least. They can see MN was close to the upset.

Not reviewable because if they did it for one penalty, you gotta do it for them all then you’re reviewing holding all year
Wrong. There are other penalties relating to being across a line that are already reviewable (see below). No reason offside on an onside kick couldn’t be added to the list of reviewable fouls.

2024 NCAA Rulebook
Rule 12 Instant Replay

Reviewable Fouls

ARTICLE 8. The following plays are reviewable and the replay official may create a foul when there is no call by the on-field officials:​

a. Player making a forward pass or forward handoff when the player’s entire body and the ball is or has been beyond the neutral zone or after a change of possession (Rule 12-3-2c and 12-3-2d).​

b. Player kicking the ball when the player's entire body and the ball is or has been beyond the neutral zone.​

c. Blocking by players of the kicking team before they are eligible to touch the ball on an onside kick (Rule 12-3-4e).​

Top Bottom