Visit with Montana St. transfer G Darius Brown II

You're an average guy. You are smart enough to know if there's a chance to further improve the team you go for it. No brainer. Yet you harbor some deep suspicion a Big Ten basketball coach would simply settle for less.

Must be a dark place to live.

So when Ben had multiple scholarships open last spring/summer and took Taurus Samuels, then gave the other two to Betts and Ramburg, it wasn't that he was settling for less, he just couldn't flat out recruit anyone better?

So when Ben had multiple scholarships open last spring/summer and took Taurus Samuels, then gave the other two to Betts and Ramburg, it wasn't that he was settling for less, he just couldn't flat out recruit anyone better?
Betts was for a reason. Samuels was best he could get. Ramberg was as good as he could get. Minnesota and Coach Johnson were not attractive to better transfers.

He failed to get better players from the portal last year. Fact. Silly to say he didn't want better players.

Betts was for a reason. Samuels was best he could get. Ramberg was as good as he could get. Minnesota and Coach Johnson were not attractive to better transfers.

He failed to get better players from the portal last year. Fact. Silly to say he didn't want better players.

Then what makes people think we're actually going to land better players the rest of this offseason?

Then what makes people think we're actually going to land better players the rest of this offseason?
I don't know which knowledgable people are saying that. The record will show whether we did or didn't when practice starts next fall.

Also be a bad sign if Garcia goes out for cheerleading squad or Payne announces he will only play point guard.

You have so many scary things to worry about.
I really did hurt your feelings. You've had a couple back-to-back terrible posts. This one you even shoe-horned in that Dakota2 "tough guy" attitude we all laugh at behind your back. Someone else said that was his concern, I simply said that if it happens, it's a bad sign.

Unlike Garcia going out for cheerleading or Payne playing PG, the exact thing actually happened last year. There is no need to pretend to be this stupid, you've always been dumb enough just as you are.

I really did hurt your feelings. You've had a couple back-to-back terrible posts. This one you even shoe-horned in that Dakota2 "tough guy" attitude we all laugh at behind your back. Someone else said that was his concern, I simply said that if it happens, it's a bad sign.

Unlike Garcia going out for cheerleading or Payne playing PG, the exact thing actually happened last year. There is no need to pretend to be this stupid, you've always been dumb enough just as you are.
Like always you write a term paper trying to weasel. Love it.

Like always you write a term paper trying to weasel. Love it.
No you don't, it clearly hurts your feelings.

I'm really shocked the guy who has to mouth the words to read thinks 5 sentences is a "term paper".

Did this guy join Pride at the Wolves game last night I wonder? I know the visit was supposed to be starting yesterday.

Not sure. I just saw it tweeted last night that they were both in attendance. 😁
Obviously the coach is important but the connections that the players make can seal a deal. I like that two prospects were there together and I also have a feeling that our guys are pretty good guys.
The attitude of the guys that are staying has been fantastic. If I am a guard, I want to play with Payne for sure.

Obviously the coach is important but the connections that the players make can seal a deal. I like that two prospects were there together and I also have a feeling that our guys are pretty good guys.
The attitude of the guys that are staying has been fantastic. If I am a guard, I want to play with Payne for sure.
Well, my internet sleuthing revealed a pair of Loyola Chicago fans freaking out because Pride started following following all the Gophers players on instagram. Not sure if that means anything, but the kids seem to think so….

Checked it out. He’s following Garcia, fox, coach kemp and Micheal Brown-Stephens, of all people. Also he and Darius Brown are following one another
Nice, right? Not sure I understand the social implications of Instagram following.

Well, my internet sleuthing revealed a pair of Loyola Chicago fans freaking out because Pride started following following all the Gophers players on instagram. Not sure if that means anything, but the kids seem to think so….
Kids know everything. At least more than us. Big Ten versus Missouri Valley. I’ll take the Big Ten. A-10. Oops.

Anyone know what a typical Gopher recruiting visit entails? I'm assuming a tour of the campus and the athletic facilities and a meet-up with Ben and some of the players would be on the agenda - what else? With 3 pro teams in action tonight, I would think a recruit would be impressed if he were able to attend one of those (particularly the T-Wolves game) - do you think something like that will happen? Just curious if anyone out there has inside info on the recruiting visit process.
It's different for every coach but Mall of America was on the list in the past. Dinner at JD Hoyts, Manny's or Fogo de Chao or somewhere similar. Pro game or other Gopher sport game if it's big.

Top Bottom