USC and UCLA Planning to join BIG TEN.

Also, will Washington take St. Thomas’ place in the MIAC?

I have to think it's not going to stop with USC/UCLA.
-Cal: In addition to the prestige of Cal, if Cal comes with, that should ease some of the political pressure of California state schools & UCLA coming.
-Stanford: If Cal comes, Stanford adds a rival, plus the prestige of Stanford academically & non-revenue athletically to me is a no brainer.
-Oregon: While not a blue blood, I consider Oregon a national brand.
-Washington: Probably could insert Colorado or Kansas, but Washington makes a natural 6 team Pacific-time & travel pod (even though 6 doesn't really go into 20).

Honestly it's getting tough to stay interested for me. Too much change too quickly, too much money grabbing, it's turning into a something completely different than what was my favorite sport and level of that sport.
Yep, at some point I'm just going to switch to the NFL. It's better football and my team actually will get (in theory) one of the top 30 guys every year.

It already happened for me with the NBA. I'm a big Gopher basketball fan but I'm more likely to watch a random NBA game than I am a random ACC game anymore.

I think we'll be good at 16 for a bit.

The SEC upped the ante, and we called. On paper, USC + Notre Dame would've been the ultimate call, but this is still a pretty good call.
I think USC and UCLA were probably a package deal. If the SEC moves to try to get 18-20 in the future, I bet ND joins the big ten

Heres whats going to happen eventuall. It will be like the NFL.

AFC and NFC with subdivisions.

This will probably also translate to playoff set ups.

Could be fun
I don’t want cfb to be more like the NFL; that’s why I like cfb. I don’t understand this need to continually fuck with something that was working.

I don’t want cfb to be more like the NFL; that’s why I like cfb. I don’t understand this need to continually fuck with something that was working.
Exactly, just a giant money grab. Destroying all the unique things that I enjoyed about cfb. I don't want more NFL, I'll watch those crappy off shoot leagues if I want more of that.

Well, maybe I will get to see the Gophers in Pasadena before I die afterall...
Huh. Figured I'd be a little more excited than I am.

Rip college ball there will be a super conference eventually

I will follow the Gophers. If they're in the Super League, or perhaps the "B" league of a combined super Big 10 SEC thing that has an "A" and "B", then I'll pay attention to the overall structure.

If they're not, then I'll pay as much attention to it as I've paid to the USFL.

I just effin’ wanted to go to the Rose Bowl game once with U of MN as the Big Ten rep.

I have loved college football but I no longer think it fits with the mission of the University of Minnesota.

I mean, I get you don't like change, but you think one of the biggest universities in the nation is gonna drop it's biggest athletic money maker because the sport is evolving??

I don't mind this at all. Road trips to games in LA and Pasadena/Westwood will be sweet! If we are gonna add two teams, hard to do a lot better than USC and UCLA

I mean, I get you don't like change, but you think one of the biggest universities in the nation is gonna drop it's biggest athletic money maker because the sport is evolving??

I don't mind this at all. Road trips to games in LA and Pasadena/Westwood will be sweet! If we are gonna add two teams, hard to do a lot better than USC and UCLA
Notre Dame, still has to be the target in the end game. Throw in Stanford.

Maybe Washington Oregon, depending how many we go to.

November road trip out there?

YES PLEASE

Look, it's about Money.

USC and UCLA are "name schools," but more than that, they give the B1G the LA TV market. More TV sets = more viewers = one big stinkin' TV rights deal!!!

and I'm up for night games with the Gophs at USC or UCLA.

having said that, I will be very interested to see how the conference is aligned and what type of schedule rotation is adopted.

and - for all the Kevin Warren bashing on here, this is a power move by the B1G. the B1G is telling the SEC "Bleep You. You think you're big - well, look at us now, sucker!"

Top Bottom