USC and UCLA Planning to join BIG TEN.

Well, that would make pod scheduling much easier.

The source apparently is big on books about garbage trucks ... I duno...

But I'll play along.

If this happens ... Notre Dame joining the B1G is just a matter of time.

This "smells" like a similar "desperation" play as to when Texas A&M leaked that UT and OU were moving to the SEC. Hoping somehow it can be stopped in its tracks, perhaps Calif. government stepping in, etc?

Although the motives would be opposite: A&M wanted to keep them out, while I guess here it was leaked by the other Calif. schools hoping to prevent them from leaving.

The biggest question in this will be what Texas school does the Big Ten get, and things will definitely get interesting in ACC land. They are all frozen, but at what point does a majority vote to change that?

This is dumb. Call me old fashioned but I like conferences being regional and smaller. A 20 team conference from New Jersey to California doesn't appeal to me.
I agree in general.

I also wouldn't oppose this move due to the landscape.

I'd rather it not be this way, but if it does I want it done on our own terms without breaking up our rivalries..... conference.

I agree in general.

I'd rather it not be this way, but if it does I want it done on our own terms without breaking up our rivalries..... conference.
Agreed. This is way better than the alternative of Iowa going to the Big 12 or something.

I agree in general.

that is where i am at

I don't like it

but I understand it's about money at this point and is what it is. Gophers should get a nice payday

This is dumb. Call me old fashioned but I like conferences being regional and smaller. A 20 team conference from New Jersey to California doesn't appeal to me.

You aren't wrong. I prefer the midwest/northeast regional setting of the Big Ten. Still gives the conference an identity. Only positive here would be getting some new P5 matchups.

Honestly it's getting tough to stay interested for me. Too much change too quickly, too much money grabbing, it's turning into a something completely different than what was my favorite sport and level of that sport.

I think we'll be good at 16 for a bit.

The SEC upped the ante, and we called. On paper, USC + Notre Dame would've been the ultimate call, but this is still a pretty good call.

Top Bottom