UPDATES On Upcoming Official Visits

Hinjosa? Without the rest?
That might not be a good sign for Nicholson, Ballestros, and Hinds.
Anyone verify this?
Maybe he's dinged up, because his team is still playing, if they win they're in the championship next week.

Hinjosa? Without the rest?
That might not be a good sign for Nicholson, Ballestros, and Hinds.
Anyone verify this?

I keep reading that they are expecting Ballesteros to graduate early and be on campus in January, so I don't think it means anything.

Any updates on the kids who visited this weekend??

Yes it's where the player and his parents come for the weekend stay in a hotel usually downtown everything is paid for, the player will hang out with other player from the current team and take him so a hockey game or basketball game then out to eat with most of the coaches and some players downtown ordering anything they want then go out with the current player for the night and have shuttles for the recruits. It's the last thing the U can do for them to have them commit

I'm just curious, are these the kind of visits where the recruits stay for like a weekend and they stay with one of the players?

Yes it's where the player and his parents come for the weekend stay in a hotel usually downtown everything is paid for, the player will hang out with other player from the current team and take him so a hockey game or basketball game then out to eat with most of the coaches and some players downtown ordering anything they want then go out with the current player for the night and have shuttles for the recruits. It's the last thing the U can do for them to have them commit

MN players set visits

Andrew Larson and Drake Michaelson of Eden Prairie will be at the UM this coming weekend and Duke Anywanu Jan 13. I don't think any of them have offers at this point and Coach Kill may be talking to the about preferred walk-on status. Or Plan B in case other offered players go elsewhere.

Coach Kill is hitting it hard.

I think Anywanu gets an offer. He is a lot bigger kid than I thought and he's athletic and plays really physical. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he fills out and ends up a TE / H-Back or even DE. He's a pretty physical player.

Larson and Michaelson, I think they are close. I'm not sure if they will be offered. They'd be huge gets as preferred walk-ons and definitely good to have in our good graces if some surprises pop up near signing day.

Robert Gregory is no longer listed as a Arkansas Commit

DeAnte Lawrence 2* 6-2/200 ATH for Bama is visiting Jan 16 according to Scout. He played in the Bama/Miss All Star game Saturday. Listed as a soft verbal at S. Miss.

Any other visit dates?

(and change the thread title)

OT Ben Leuer is also visiting this weekend. This could be Coach Kills preferred walk-on weekend.

Lauer is an interesting kid to me. I think he might be ripe to grayshirt instead of walk on. The 2013 class isn't completely full of lineman, so this would stick Lauer in next year's class. Additionally, Lauer's biggest weakness is that he's a little light. We could get him on campus next December and he'd have an additional year to lift weights.

I don't think an offer or gray shirt are coming for Larsen.

Michaelson...he might be a wait and see guy.

Bob.
Refresh me on the grayshirt. Is that when a player comes in and then gets a scholarship his second year? Can they practice? If so, would they be considered a 2013 recruit?

Or is it something else?

Bob.
Refresh me on the grayshirt. Is that when a player comes in and then gets a scholarship his second year? Can they practice? If so, would they be considered a 2013 recruit?

Or is it something else?

Bob or anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but a grayshirt enrolls in December instead of in the fall. It doesnt cost us a scholly for this class bc December enrollies count toward the next year, and his enrollment clock won't start until 2013.

Given that they seem to be still hitting the 2012 recruiting class hard, it does appear one of two things...a few of the commits are not as solid as we want to believe whether due to other school interests and are actually soft verbals (still not confident in Harbison) or academics or there are a few grayshirts due to academics. Along with that is obviously trying to get some walk ons.

Dennis Parks to visit this weekend. Can we steal him from Rice? Nice numbers. His cousin WR Martel Moore played for Kill at NIU. Great connection. Hmmmmmmm.
Wide Receiver
Converse, Texas
Judson
Ht:6'2"
Wt:183 lbs
40:4.43 secs
Vertical:34 inches

Dennis Parks to visit this weekend. Can we steal him from Rice? Nice numbers. His cousin WR Martel Moore played for Kill at NIU. Great connection. Hmmmmmmm.
Wide Receiver
Converse, Texas
Judson

If he is accepted at Rice I would assume the grades are not a problem.

I like the idea of a Pankey Pancake but it might be tough to get him away from Pitt.

It will be interesting to see who Chryst puts on his staff at Pitt. If Bostad is his OC...zero chance Pankey backs out of a Pitt offer.

Bayfieldgopher said:
Wide Receiver
Converse, Texas
Judson

Like these numbers and size - Go Kill!

It will be interesting to see who Chryst puts on his staff at Pitt. If Bostad is his OC...zero chance Pankey backs out of a Pitt offer.
I don't know about zero, Wisconsin looked at him but didn't offer, there could be a little resentment, or personality clash involved. He has also scheduled a visit with WVa so he's definately looking.

Top Bottom