Update On Minnesota Linebacker Coach Mike Sherels‏ in Hospital

mkAz

Reaction score
Coach Sherels

I'm not sure exactly what is going on with Coach Sherels, I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers out to him and his family.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Stand up person and his family is wonderful. I cannot even imagine...

Per U of MN:

Update On Minnesota Linebacker Coach Mike Sherels

University of Minnesota linebacker coach Mike Sherels was admitted to a local hospital on Tuesday for an unexpected surgery. He also underwent a medical procedure last week prior to the start of fall camp. Sherels, from Rochester, Minn., has coached the linebackers since the 2014 season.

“Mike is Minnesota football,” said head coach Tracy Claeys. “There are few things that are more important to him than this university and this football program. We ask that you respect his privacy and that of his family during this time.”

Sherels graduated from Minnesota in 2007 and earned his master's degree from Minnesota in 2014. He played for the Gophers from 2003-07 and served as a captain during his junior and senior year.

+1, love coach Sherels, hate hearing this kind of stuff, especially for such a young man. Get better coach, we're praying for you!

"We ask that you respect his privacy "

I guess that means we don't know what is up. Hope he gets better.

His brother isn't in Cincy with the rest of the Vikings. That's a bad sign.

A heck of a guy, Mike Sherels. I wish all the best for him and his family, and everyone who loves him or depends on him. Prayer is not an empty gesture - I'll be praying for him.

Mike, you have all the gopher fans pulling for you! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Godspeed Mike!

Mike, you have all the gopher fans pulling for you! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

My prayers are with you and your family, Mike! Keep fighting!

Mike was in some of my grad school classes, one of the nicest people I ever met. First class, great personality, hope he pulls through.

Praying for a rapid recovery. We love our Mr Minnesota Football.

Wow, I will be praying for a complete and rapid recovery! Great coach. Very kind and approachable person.

Here's to quick recovery.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Sherels

Get well soon coach. Really hoping everything is ok.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Anyone with any insight? Is it as bad as it sounds? Life threatening? Mike was one of my favorite linebackers and appears to be a great coach in the making. Get well soon 58.

Anyone with any insight? Is it as bad as it sounds? Life threatening? Mike was one of my favorite linebackers and appears to be a great coach in the making. Get well soon 58.
Pretty hush hush which isnt good sign

Pretty hush hush which isnt good sign

With HIPA, being hush hush isn't that concerning, having Marcus stay behind when the Vikings went to Cincinnati is.

...Is it as bad as it sounds? Life threatening? Mike was one of my favorite linebackers and appears to be a great coach in the making. Get well soon 58.

yes.... please keep Mike and his family in your prayers

Unexpected Surgery is what is being reported. From AP:

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota linebackers coach Mike Sherels has been absent from fall practice for a health problem.

The university announced Wednesday that Sherels was admitted to an area hospital Tuesday for an unexpected surgery. The Gophers also said he underwent a medical procedure last week, prior to the start of fall practice. No details about his condition were disclosed. Coach Tracy Claeys issued a statement asking for privacy for Sherels and his family.

"Mike is Minnesota football," Claeys said. "There are few things that are more important to him than this university and this football program."

Top Bottom