Tyrone Carter: I'm done with U of M unless Kaler and Coyle get fired

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

One of the most decorated Gophers players of the past 50 years was furious with his alma mater Saturday morning, having just watched University of Minnesota players end their boycott of the team.

“I’m done with the University of Minnesota, unless President [Eric Kaler] and the [athletic director Mark Coyle] get fired,” said Tyrone Carter, the Jim Thorpe Award winner as college football’s top defensive back in 1999. “They got to get a new administration. They’re going to lose kids. I feel bad as a [friend] of Antoine Winfield that he trusted the university with his kid. The way they handled that situation was totally disrespectful.”

Carter, a former Gophers All-America and two-time Super Bowl champion, supported the players’ boycott that came after the suspension of 10 teammates because of an alleged sexual assault, saying it was “about making sure the players got due process,” he said. “I’m proud of those boys. They did it on their own. They knew they weren’t going to get a fair shot.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-bowl-game-is-on-but-anger-remains/407255436/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

One of the most decorated Gophers players of the past 50 years was furious with his alma mater Saturday morning, having just watched University of Minnesota players end their boycott of the team.

“I’m done with the University of Minnesota, unless President [Eric Kaler] and the [athletic director Mark Coyle] get fired,” said Tyrone Carter, the Jim Thorpe Award winner as college football’s top defensive back in 1999. “They got to get a new administration. They’re going to lose kids. I feel bad as a [friend] of Antoine Winfield that he trusted the university with his kid. The way they handled that situation was totally disrespectful.”

Carter, a former Gophers All-America and two-time Super Bowl champion, supported the players’ boycott that came after the suspension of 10 teammates because of an alleged sexual assault, saying it was “about making sure the players got due process,” he said. “I’m proud of those boys. They did it on their own. They knew they weren’t going to get a fair shot.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-bowl-game-is-on-but-anger-remains/407255436/

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Ty. Glad to see you're first and foremost concerned about the victim. Nice knowing you.

Thanks Ty. Glad to see you're first and foremost concerned about the victim. Nice knowing you.

Who is the victim? I don't see anybody charged or convicted of harming anyone. All I see and read is conjecture. At this point, some of the players are the only victims of an overzealous extra-judicial system operated by untrained bureaucrats.

The University isn't a football franchise, it's a school. It needs students more than it needs Tyrone Carter. I'd love for it to keep both, but if I have to choose, I opt for academics.

Tyrone, the chances of Kaler and Coyle being fired are about the same as you playing in another Super Bowl. The football program will be fine without you. The majority of people don't really care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, the victim is doing just fine. Her name has never been mentioned and hopefully she's stopped doing vodka shots.
There are ten African American men whose names and pictures are plastered all over and not one of them is convicted of a crime. This entire charade has been a social media lynching of black men and you don't think they are victims at all. Go ahead and cheer the electronic lynching, but I'm not joining you.

One of my favorite Gophers ever. I started bringing my kids to the games when Tyrone was playing. This makes me sad.

I think someone can have an independent filling of disappointment with the AD and President's lack of leadership in this situation.

Dude, the victim is doing just fine. Her name has never been mentioned and hopefully she's stopped doing vodka shots.
There are ten African American men whose names and pictures are plastered all over and not one of them is convicted of a crime. This entire charade has been a social media lynching of black men and you don't think they are victims at all. Go ahead and cheer the electronic lynching, but I'm not joining you.

Real talk and all political correctness aside; a many a brother has been jailed or lynched for messing with white girls.

Also real talk; we are doing our young ladies a disservice if we continue to teach them there are no consequences for their actions.

1. If you hit a man you should expect to get hit by a man (although dad will still kill them).

2. If you get drunk around a man you may very well wake up with penis breath. It's wrong...... but your breath still smells like penis.

As the father of 3 college graduates; two daughters and one son (college football player). I told the girls group sex will get you kicked out of the family plus it makes you ugly and your hair fall out, stay with your girlfriends at parties, for the love of god don't get drunk (and why...penis breath) and never leave your drink unattended.

I told my son group sex is gross (unless you have the only penis then it's good) never ever sleep with a drunk girl, treat women like you want men to treat your sisters.

I told all three, assume everything you do will become public....are you comfortable with that? And most importantly use condoms and until you are married tell dad you are still a virgin (except for my son.....I'm chauvinistic that way).

Who is the victim? I don't see anybody charged or convicted of harming anyone. All I see and read is conjecture. At this point, some of the players are the only victims of an overzealous extra-judicial system operated by untrained bureaucrats.
Let's start with an easy one. By his own account to the police and to the EOAA, Djam captured and later shared a video of the girl naked and having sex with him and a recruit without her knowledge or consent. Nonconsensual dissemination of private sexual images is a violation of Minnesota statute § 617.261. Now can you guess who the victim is?

Want to keep going?

Let's start with an easy one. By his own account to the police and to the EOAA, Djam captured and later shared a video of the girl naked and having sex with him and a recruit without her knowledge or consent. Nonconsensual dissemination of private sexual images is a violation of Minnesota statute § 617.261. Now can you guess who the victim is?

Want to keep going?

Was it a hidden camera? Did she not see it while she was giving him oral, and he had it in his hand? It was stated that in one of the videos, she looked right into the camera.

Real talk and all political correctness aside; a many a brother has been jailed or lynched for messing with white girls.

This is rich. The white cops do basically jack squat in terms of investigating this assault, the black administrator hands down penalties, and it's still "brothers can't catch a break."

Look, you deserve a break since your son is technically the last Gopher player to touch the Axe, but putting a racial spin on this is ridiculous.

Was it a hidden camera? Did she not see it while she was giving him oral, and he had it in his hand? It was stated that in one of the videos, she looked right into the camera.

Do any of the things you're mentioning matter? Spoiler alert: No. Does it appear that you even attempted to read and comprehend the statute that I referenced? No and no, apparently.

Here's a highlight for you: "Subd. 3. No defense. It is not a defense to a prosecution under this section that the person consented to the capture or possession of the image."

Djam confessed to a crime, to both the police and the EOAA. So let's try again, if there was a crime, was there a victim? If so, who? Take your time.

This is rich. The white cops do basically jack squat in terms of investigating this assault, the black administrator hands down penalties, and it's still "brothers can't catch a break."

Look, you deserve a break since your son is technically the last Gopher player to touch the Axe, but putting a racial spin on this is ridiculous.

I don't know that I need a break but thanks anyway. I do know that two of my friends, former gophers Kevin Smith and George Williams spent more time than they anticipated in Wisconsin because a coed became embarrassed after getting caught having group sex.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-10-20/sports/1991293148_1_tyson-athlete-accused

I also know that a young man's (Dominic Jones) freedom was taken away when a coed decided after a video of her having group sex became public that she was raped by interestingly enough the guy on tape. The other four guys? Would have been tough with the whole cigarette break on the back porch before round two or was it three?

Race? I made a observation not a accusation. My observation is that unfortunately it's not unheard of for white women to make accusations of rape toward black men. My man, google it and make up your own mind; there is a plethora of articles discussing this very thing.

This situation? Don't seem like the brothers caught much of a break to me. I wonder if the white girl is suspended from school? She participated in consensual group sex also.[emoji848]

My bad, she's a victim, the scary black guys took advantage of her. She would never drop it like it's hot on her own. I wonder why she didn't let the school watch the tape of her being 'raped'? No I don't, I already know why.

The there is no way I can definitively say race played a part in this. There is no way you can definitively say it didn't. However, I have case history on my side.

I wonder why she didn't let the school watch the tape of her being 'raped'? No I don't, I already know why.

It was Hutton that put the condition on the availability of the video. He had the opportunity to provide it to the EOAA, it was his decision to leave it up to the girl. If you have supposed exculpatory evidence for your clients, why would you voluntarily give the alleged victim a veto over its introduction?

The there is no way I can definitively say race played a part in this. There is no way you can definitively say it didn't. However, I have case history on my side.

I'm not arguing any other situations just this one. In this one, whitey let the guys slide, soul sister nailed them.

I don't know that I need a break but thanks anyway. I do know that two of my friends, former gophers Kevin Smith and George Williams spent more time than they anticipated in Wisconsin because a coed became embarrassed after getting caught having group sex.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-10-20/sports/1991293148_1_tyson-athlete-accused

I also know that a young man's (Dominic Jones) freedom was taken away when a coed decided after a video of her having group sex became public that she was raped by interestingly enough the guy on tape. The other four guys? Would have been tough with the whole cigarette break on the back porch before round two or was it three?

Race? I made a observation not a accusation. My observation is that unfortunately it's not unheard of for white women to make accusations of rape toward black men. My man, google it and make up your own mind; there is a plethora of articles discussing this very thing.

This situation? Don't seem like the brothers caught much of a break to me. I wonder if the white girl is suspended from school? She participated in consensual group sex also.[emoji848]

My bad, she's a victim, the scary black guys took advantage of her. She would never drop it like it's hot on her own. I wonder why she didn't let the school watch the tape of her being 'raped'? No I don't, I already know why.

First of all, if there is such a pattern of white women claiming rape after having sex with black men, then perhaps black men should stop having sex with white women. Seems simple enough to me.

Second, regarding suspension of the girl for having consensual group sex, why would she be? No one else has been.

It was Hutton that put the condition on the availability of the video. He had the opportunity to provide it to the EOAA, it was his decision to leave it up to the girl. If you have supposed exculpatory evidence for your clients, why would you voluntarily give the alleged victim a veto over its introduction?

I'm not arguing any other situations just this one. In this one, whitey let the guys slide, soul sister nailed them.

True, but they won't talk about that. It's proof against their best and usual defense. Don't u know it is always about race????

Also real talk; we are doing our young ladies a disservice if we continue to teach them there are no consequences for their actions.

1. If you hit a man you should expect to get hit by a man (although dad will still kill them).

2. If you get drunk around a man you may very well wake up with penis breath. It's wrong...... but your breath still smells like penis.

As the father of 3 college graduates; two daughters and one son (college football player). I told the girls group sex will get you kicked out of the family plus it makes you ugly and your hair fall out, stay with your girlfriends at parties, for the love of god don't get drunk (and why...penis breath) and never leave your drink unattended.

I told my son group sex is gross (unless you have the only penis then it's good) never ever sleep with a drunk girl, treat women like you want men to treat your sisters.

I told all three, assume everything you do will become public....are you comfortable with that? And most importantly use condoms and until you are married tell dad you are still a virgin (except for my son.....I'm chauvinistic that way).

So if u get drunk around a man you may wake up with penis breath??? Seriously?? So r u saying if u get drunk around another person you should expect to get raped and it would be your fault? Kind of sounds like that is what u r saying.

Stop trying to excuse what these guys did by blaming her. She bears a minimal amount of responsibility here. I admit, she should have know better than to go out drinking with them, but her being drunk doesn't give them the green light. The fact that she was drunk should have been a huge red flag for the guys. Each of them had a choice to make. They chose poorly.

So if u get drunk around a man you may wake up with penis breath??? Seriously?? So r u saying if u get drunk around another person you should expect to get raped and it would be your fault? Kind of sounds like that is what u r saying.

Stop trying to excuse what these guys did by blaming her. She bears a minimal amount of responsibility here. I admit, she should have know better than to go out drinking with them, but her being drunk doesn't give them the green light. The fact that she was drunk should have been a huge red flag for the guys. Each of them had a choice to make. They chose poorly.

I think (hope) his penis breath meaning was more universal in connotation: Like if a woman and I get drunk together, there's a greater chance of wish we didn'ts.

Dear women- boys will be boys. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dear men- go get 'em, tiger! ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Do we know the race of the victim? I haven't seen that definitively anywhere.

Must be Tyrone didn't read the EOAA report, right? I mean if you think this process & report has flaws you must be pro-rape, right?

Are people just assuming that the victim is a white woman and the cops are white men? Or do you have some kind of inside information?

Are people just assuming that the victim is a white woman and the cops are white men? Or do you have some kind of inside information?

That's why I'm curious about the race of the victim. Her race SHOULD NOT MATTER AT ALL, but if it was known she is white, wouldn't BLM and the likes of Jesse Jackson and/or Al Sharpton get involved? I haven't seen any mention of the race of the victim.

Sounds like Sportsfan24 needs to carry breath mints.

Must be Tyrone didn't read the EOAA report, right? I mean if you think this process & report has flaws you must be pro-rape, right?

Not necessarily. But if a poster dismisses the report without reference to the specific parts of the the report that have flaws, it gives the impression the poster hasn't read the report from beginning to end and has very little knowledge about what is actually in it. And if that is true, it will force many people to conclude that poster is ignoring the contents of the report because they are not particularly bothered that U students are gang raped by Gopher football players. Let me put it another way: a blanket dismissal of the EOAA report is evidence that posters are automatically siding with the players and will not accept as true any evidence that supports the victim.

Like Mr. Carter, I too am done with the U if Coyle doesn't get fired...but it will be for him giving the players heads up that an investigation was coming so that they could get rid of the evidence by the time they were interviewed Sept. 9th...a full week after the incident. If it is shown that he aided the players in getting legal representation but did not get a lawyer for the victim....let me go find another job. This is what the evidence points to...

Fair points points but again I don't believe their is a valid argument either way. I also don't believe their is a valid argument against the specific reasons you stated as to why/how you arrived at your opinion as being wrong (no valid argument your opinion is wrong).....as long as we agree it's your opinion and not fact.....ditto for my opinion.

Not necessarily. But if a poster dismisses the report without reference to the specific parts of the the report that have flaws, it gives the impression the poster hasn't read the report from beginning to end and has very little knowledge about what is actually in it. And if that is true, it will force many people to conclude that poster is ignoring the contents of the report because they are not particularly bothered that U students are gang raped by Gopher football players.

You made up your mind before the biased report. You are the worst messenger for your side of the argument. You profiled the football players right away by saying in a situation like that the players wouldn't be able to help themselves and that she is definitely believeable.

You are an autocrat and prejudiced.

Top Bottom