Tubby pulls a PUNKY BREWSTER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not trolling.. Im obviously PISSED OFF!!

OF COURSE you can schedule a BIG TIME power conference school, but WORK a lil harder tubby to find a spot in the schedule.

THATS MY POINT, sorry it takes you guys 20 posts for that to be conveyed to you.

IF NDSU is going to be the GONZAGA of Minnesota, Gopher coaches should want to keep playing NDSU.

There's the problem right there. Tubby and the rest of the staff couldn't care less about NDSU becoming the "Gonzaga of Minnesota" or whatever, because quite frankly, you guys are a LONG ways from even being close. And on top of that, you've had your best teams ever the past few years and they have been kicked to the curb decisively by the Gophers each time.

In other words, stop thinking the Gophers owe NDSU anything. They don't and couldn't care less about you. And we as a fan base really don't either. Deal with it.

Nobody cares. They'll be the doormat of the Summit league next year anyway. After that I fully anticipate them being a perennial contender in that league.

Hey lakesbison, you should take all that energy you've got and spend it getting money to replace the Bison Sports Arena with an actual basketball venue. Then maybe Gopher fans can return the favor by invading Fargo, throwing food and beer cans at your band (and fans), making a mess of the local bars and tailgate lots, and wiping your faces in a 30 point drubbing. Oh wait, that's right. NDSU is in Fargo, a town where you have to kill everyone's first born's in order to get something like that built due to a combination of tight budgets, people who make poor financial decisions (see tax dollars west of I-29 going to the city of West Fargo), geology that makes it incredibly difficult, and a tax payer group that's too divided on fan loyalties to vote for it. We are not the reason why you will never be anything resembling a Big Ten school. You are. Stop whining about your plight like a typical North Dakotan who is jealous of the big city. We all know that's what you're really doing (beneath a plethora of unnecessarily capitalized words).

I apologize to the Mod's if that little bit of truth is too hard.

Nobody cares. They'll be the doormat of the Summit league next year anyway. After that I fully anticipate them being a perennial contender in that league.

Hey lakesbison, you should take all that energy you've got and spend it getting money to replace the Bison Sports Arena with an actual basketball venue. Then maybe Gopher fans can return the favor by invading Fargo, throwing food and beer cans at your band (and fans), making a mess of the local bars and tailgate lots, and wiping your faces in a 30 point drubbing. Oh wait, that's right. NDSU is in Fargo, a town where you have to kill everyone's first born's in order to get something like that built due to a combination of tight budgets, people who make poor financial decisions (see tax dollars west of I-29 going to the city of West Fargo), geology that makes it incredibly difficult, and a tax payer group that's too divided on fan loyalties to vote for it. We are not the reason why you will never be anything resembling a Big Ten school. You are. Stop whining about your plight like a typical North Dakotan who is jealous of the big city. We all know that's what you're really doing (beneath a plethora of unnecessarily capitalized words).

I apologize to the Mod's if that little bit of truth is too hard.

I don't know if this has changed recently, so if it has, lay off. But North Dakota is one of the few states that has had a surplus in recent history. While MN continues to spend ungodly amounts of money, the "tight budgets" lead to one of the most financially sound states around, and one that has the most per capita millionaires. Now obviously I'm a Gopher fan, but I'm from North Dakota and take offense to your garbage that you have based off of nothing.

I would just like to say that LakesBison does not represent the Detroit Lakes area, so please dont hold that against us.

Now, a few points for him to realize:
-NDSU - UofM are not a rivalry.
-We gain nothing from playing NDSU anymore as BB and FB now sellout.
-We owe nothing to NDSU. They are not even in our state, so why do we care.

Certain Bison Fans Need To Check Themselves

They had 4 or 5 red-shirt seniors play together for 4 years (will never happen again).

They played in the Summit Conference with several teams down (will happen again, but not in concert with a "good" Bison team).

Even with that, they needed a miracle shot against Oakland (who dat?) to get in.

Saul Phillips is a terrific coach, and really likeable, but understandbly will be GONE as soon as the 1st good gig comes along. His replacement will either fail and be gone, or enjoy modest success and will be gone to the 1st better gig that comes along and at the very 1st chance he gets. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

They were a cute story, but they are what they are - a lower mid-Major (that's a lot of quantifiers) .

Gonzaga of the midwest?!?!? They won't even be the North Carolina A&T of the midwest. The operative portion of that reference is GONE.

Bison should thank their lucky stars that Goldy (with everyone returning) won't be hanging what would be a 40-pt b!+c#-slapping on them (with almost no one returning) early next December.

Oy vay! :rolleyes:

Its a shame the rivalry wont be continued, but like brewster, we'll just have to wait another year. *sigh*

What rivalry? I don't think anybody believes one exists. Playing NDSU is like playing your 8 year old brother, you play to be nice and you take it easy on them to boost their self esteem. The U has absolutely nothing to gain by wasting a game playing NDSU (in either sport)

Please don't feed the troll

more blah, blah, blah from the troll

dontfeedtrolls.gif

NDSU the Gonzaga of MN? Give me a break. They had all red-shirt seniors and next year will be a bottom feeder. Go away. We already helped fund your program. Why don't you just be grateful.

I don't know if I agree with the "Gonzaga of Minnesota" label, but with all the talent Minnesota produces NDSU has the potential to build a very good mid-major basketball program.

If you're going to bitch about a team ducking you go on buckyville.com and bitch to the Wisconsin fans. You managed to beat them at the Kohl Center and you haven't managed to have a competitive game against the Gophers yet.

Let's see, the Gophers will have there best team since 97 and are expected to compete for a top 3 finish in B10, meanwhile NDSU just graduated there 4 man super group that had a great run but return very little and will be middle pack at best in the Summit:confused:, and yet somehow Tubby is scared and ducking NDSU, OK, I follow that logic perfectly.

I like the idea of the Gophs playing NDSU. Playing the local Mid-majors from the Dakotas seems like a classy move and the games will always have lots of interest. I would prefer dropping schools like Marist or High Point. I love my Gophs and I also enjoy seeing the Dakota teams do well.

Ray, thank you, smart man.

Furthermore, NDSU is basically a Minnesota school, so don't give me all this "nodak" crap.

additionally, NDSU plays Minnesota in every sport, No reason why TUBBY shouldn't have

NDSU penciled in, instead of high point, or the 5 other horrible teams they played.

I realize that NDSU would be at a disadvantage this year (2010) but give me a break, for Tubby not to find a date is LAUGHABLE! and BREWSTER-LIKE.

p-s- Wisconsin turned down NDSU 3 times after Woody and co went in and beat them in 2006, but we all agree that WISCONSIN SUCKS!!!

My vote would be for UND

If the Gophers are going to play a North Dakota team next year, I'd much rather have it be the Fighting Sioux. ... let's help out a different regional program. A year off from the Bison won't be a bad thing. I'm biased because my dad's a native of Grand Forks and my uncles went to UND, but I'm pretty certain the Sioux will be a "D-I counter" next season because they'll be in the second year of their D-I provisional status. It's not much, but I'd rather play them than a Concordia-St. Paul (non-DI).

"I realize that NDSU would be at a disadvantage this year (2010) but give me a break, for Tubby not to find a date is LAUGHABLE! and BREWSTER-LIKE."

I remember the rumors about Brew getting upset when a few powerhouse programs wouldn't move their schedules around to play the U for the first game at the new stadium. I love Brew, but I always thought it was unreasonable to ask a school that wouldn't normally care about the Gophers to drop everything just play them and try to help the Gophers profile.

Aren't YOU are being Brewster-Like in thinking a better program with more talent/recognition should care about an inferior program and what they want? Brew knows that playing the best competition every year will attract recruits, and I'm sure you know that telling all the Minnesota kids that the U does not recruit that a yearly game with the gophers will be a huge selling point for the Bison. Playing 4 games at Williams arena isn't as cool as 4 years, but it is better than nothing.

I can only assume that your hatred of Brewster stems from some serious self loathing, because you obviously have a few things in common.

If the Gophers are going to play a North Dakota team next year, I'd much rather have it be the Fighting Sioux. ... let's help out a different regional program. A year off from the Bison won't be a bad thing. I'm biased because my dad's a native of Grand Forks and my uncles went to UND, but I'm pretty certain the Sioux will be a "D-I counter" next season because they'll be in the second year of their D-I provisional status. It's not much, but I'd rather play them than a Concordia-St. Paul (non-DI).

The U's policy is to only play UND in hockey due to their 'offensive' mascot, the fighting sue.

Thanks, I completely forgot about that. What a shocker, the U being politically correct?

NDSU penciled in, instead of high point, or the 5 other horrible teams they played.

QUOTE]

you're right. tubby should drop his alma mater in order to play a school who has been d1 for five years. good idea.

Dropping NDSU in football and adding SDSU for a couple of years is perfectly reasonable. They have just as much reason to play SDSU and they can't due both. I would expect USD to get on the schedule at some point too.

As for basketball, while not as limited there are still only so spots for 'weak' non-conference games when you have 18 conference games to play. The Gophers can probably fit 2 games in against 'the Dakotas' each year but not 4. Again they have just as much reason to play SDSU, USD and UND as they do NDSU. Generally, I would prefer NDSU due to the higher level of competition, but next year SDSU may actually be better anyway. Since the region has gone from 0 other D-1 programs to 4 in the last few years, I do think the Gophers have some responsibility to play some of them. But they have no obligation to NDSU specifically.

The Gophers will continue to play the schools across the border, but there is no reason to expect that we will play every school every single year. Schedules get changed for national TV, that's just just part of life. Why should Minnesota dump some other school so the NDSU game can be moved? We could, but that opponent would have to find a new opponent, NDSU would have to dump someone, it's not a simple matter.

Perhaps Lakes is a stealth UND fan, posing as an NDSU fan to make NDSU look bad.

After taking the time to read all of this, and enjoy it for it's humor, I pretty much agree with the majority here.

There is no "rivalry" between NDSU and Minnesota. A rivalry would imply some sort of competition, and although I can't say I know statistics about it, I recall no victories in football or basketball other than in football during the 1-11 year. I could be wrong about there being no other examples of NDSU victories, but I know it's nothing close to a rivalry where it goes back and forth. I would say it's more of a one sided friendly competition of sorts. That being said, I too would rather watch the Gophers play NDSU or UND than Marist or some other random mid-major, but not by much.

Tubby did not take them off of the schedule as something personal; in fact, it appears mutual.

Pretty much, Lakes should chill out a little bit. Sorry you will miss a game you were looking forward to.

My goodness I didn't know NDSU garnered this much passion :)

While the Dakota games are nice I'd dump both of them in a second to play a BCS school to upgrade our schedule.

And honestly - a rivalry - ummm I don't think so!

NDSU the Gonzaga of MN? Give me a break. They had all red-shirt seniors and next year will be a bottom feeder. Go away. We already helped fund your program. Why don't you just be grateful.

this is the part i don't understand at all about this statement. what the hell does "the gonzaga of minnesota" mean? last i checked the NDSU fighting sioux are located in northern dakota territory and NOT in the state of minnesota. so perhaps you should say "the gonzaga of north dakota" and drop the whole reference to minnesota because quite frankly relating the name of our fair state to your lower-mid major program is taken as an insult!

man, NDSU......i tell you.......i have never seen a school from an entirely different state such as NDSU have to leach so much off a far superior state that they share a border with solely to maintain any sense of relevancy (mainly in their own minds)

it is pathetic how your state and your primary state schools (NDSU as well as UND) can not even develop its own home grown players to fill its rosters. you seem to rely so heavily on minnesota and the university of minnesota to do everything for you which is lame. from developing an excess of quality athletes that you need to recruit so you can even field a legit team, to the U of M even allowing you a spot on their schedules in the first place.

so i would say lakesbison - it seems that the taxpayers of minnesota, the university of minnesota, tim brewster, tubby smith and joel maturi have already done far more than enough to make you guys feel a little bit more special about yourselves way up there on the frozen tundra of fargo.

so please stop bad-mouthing our coaches and the U of M. we don't owe NDSU or frankly north dakota anything more. the whole relationship with north dakota is only a one way street. it is all about "give to north dakota" and you never "receive anything useful in return" for your investment.

Ray, thank you, smart man.

Furthermore, NDSU is basically a Minnesota school, so don't give me all this "nodak" crap.

additionally, NDSU plays Minnesota in every sport, No reason why TUBBY shouldn't have

I realize that NDSU would be at a disadvantage this year (2010) but give me a break, for Tubby not to find a date is LAUGHABLE! and BREWSTER-LIKE.

p-s- Wisconsin turned down NDSU 3 times after Woody and co went in and beat them in 2006, but we all agree that WISCONSIN SUCKS!!!

btw - his name is "roy" christensen, not ray. at least try to get that part right and thanks for playing fatty mcgee!

lakes says: "Ray, thank you, smart man."

Roy (Ray) said something that lakes liked, so Roy (Ray) is a smart man. As long as the rest of us said things that lakes didn't like, all the rest of us are dumb s*its. :confused: :confused: :confused:

LakesBison, you are acting like a complete idiot and quite frankly are being an embarrassment to your fan base. I could give a rats ass if we don't play NDSU. Does this game help us?.....No, it can only hurt us. I don't feel there is any rivalry between the two schools whatsoever. Why would you choose to rip on Tubby when Saul Phillips and him BOTH decided that a game couldn't be scheduled in for the season. So you are basically ripping your own coach up there. You should probably read the whole article and gets all of your facts straight before you come on here and make a fool out of yourself and your fan base.

Wow...

I'm sorry, but I'm still LMAO over how ridiculously over the top stupid Lakes is being in this thread. Bravo sir! You’ve taken you cap lock filled idiocy to new heights! I salute your descent into dementia. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is so much fun and I'm so burned out after my week that I'm going to waste some time responding to his idiocy... :D

Im not trolling.. Im obviously PISSED OFF!!
Oddly enough being pissed off doesn’t exempt you from your troll status. It simply means you are a more annoying and entertaining breed of troll. If you want to earn you 2nd degree troll blackbelt, I'd advise you to post while drunk AND pissed off.
IF NDSU is going to be the GONZAGA of Minnesota, Gopher coaches should want to keep playing NDSU.
I know its already been discussed but this comment is so asinine and stupid that I’ll say it again. NDSU is not in Minnesota. Being nearby doesn’t count. That’s like saying that UMD should be the University of Wisconsin – Duluth because its right across the border. When did you last visit the University of Minnesota – La Crosse? I hear they have a nice Octoberfest celebration in La Crosse, MN...
Um…again, the answer is no. Do you need someone to show you a map and rub your face in it like it is dogs**t while saying “NO!” for you to get this? Perhaps a hard smack across the nose with a newspaper would help? NDSU is a Minnesota school in every respect except for the fact that it is NOT A MINNESOTA SCHOOL! I hope to god you didn’t grow up in DL. I couldn’t bear the thought that we were educated in the same high school.
Um, no. Haven’t you already been bitching that we don’t play you in football next year either? So small a fact, yet it speaks volumes about how little thought you put into any of your posts. In fact, I’m pretty sure that your posts are simply a new form of outburst caused by your Tourettes Syndrome. I know that DL has a nice clinic and hospital. I also happen to know that both the Thrifty White Drug and Prescription Shop II on Washington Ave would be glad to take your money in exchange for refilling whatever medication you have decided to stop taking.

Again, I am in awe of your brazen attempt to get farther away from reality. Keep up the good work and don't let pesky things like logic, facts, tact, grammer, the ability to turn off caps lock, or common sense stand in your way! Only us silly folks who support the University of North Dakota - Twin Cities Golden Praire Dogs are foolish enough to use those. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I'm still LMAO over how ridiculously over the top stupid Lakes is being in this thread. Bravo sir! You’ve taken you cap lock filled idiocy to new heights! I salute your descent into dementia. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is so much fun and I'm so burned out after my week that I'm going to waste some time responding to his idiocy... :D

Oddly enough being pissed off doesn’t exempt you from your troll status. It simply means you are a more annoying and entertaining breed of troll. If you want to earn you 2nd degree troll blackbelt, I'd advise you to post while drunk AND pissed off.

I know its already been discussed but this comment is so asinine and stupid that I’ll say it again. NDSU is not in Minnesota. Being nearby doesn’t count. That’s like saying that UMD should be the University of Wisconsin – Duluth because its right across the border. When did you last visit the University of Minnesota – La Crosse? I hear they have a nice Octoberfest celebration in La Crosse, MN...

Um…again, the answer is no. Do you need someone to show you a map and rub your face in it like it is dogs**t while saying “NO!” for you to get this? Perhaps a hard smack across the nose with a newspaper would help? NDSU is a Minnesota school in every respect except for the fact that it is NOT A MINNESOTA SCHOOL! I hope to god you didn’t grow up in DL. I couldn’t bear the thought that we were educated in the same high school.

Um, no. Haven’t you already been bitching that we don’t play you in football next year either? So small a fact, yet it speaks volumes about how little thought you put into any of your posts. In fact, I’m pretty sure that your posts are simply a new form of outburst caused by your Tourettes Syndrome. I know that DL has a nice clinic and hospital. I also happen to know that both the Thrifty White Drug and Prescription Shop II on Washington Ave would be glad to take your money in exchange for refilling whatever medication you have decided to stop taking.

Again, I am in awe of your brazen attempt to get farther away from reality. Keep up the good work and don't let pesky things like logic, facts, tact, grammer, the ability to turn off caps lock, or common sense stand in your way! Only us silly folks who support the University of North Dakota - Twin Cities Golden Praire Dogs are foolish enough to use those. :rolleyes:

only have one word for you GoAUpher: brilliant ;)

Lakes, I can see you're really exercised about this, so let's see if an analogy helps.

Lets pretend you're a normal guy. Like most normal guys, you go through hot and cold streaks. And say you're in the middle of a really bad streak, and your mom offers to set you up with her friend's daughter, Bertha. Now like any normal guy, you're not sure if this is a good idea, but you've got nothing else going on, and you like to keep your mom happy, so you agree. You and Bertha go out, and it turns out that while she's not particularly easy on the eyes, and she's not very bright or personable (and she kinda smells a little), she makes it clear that she's really looking forward to lots of fun at the end of the evening. So because you're a good guy, and it's been a long bad stretch, you go ahead and take one for the team. And it's not so bad.

The bad stretch continues for a while, and so for a few months you fall into a habit of getting together with Bertha on the third Friday of each month. And being a normal guy, you fill the rest of your schedule with basketball games, hanging out with the guys, a little family time, working, studying, etc.

Then you get a call from Emily, this really great girl you've been trying to get to go out with you for awhile (but she's always too busy), and much to your amazement, she invites you over to her place to hang out with her and her girlfriend in a couple of weeks, and in making the invite tells you that she makes a great breakfast. So as fast as you can roll your tongue back up into your mouth, you say yes.

Shortly thereafter, you realize that you just agreed to go over to their place on the same night that you and Bertha have been getting together. So you can call Emily back and say that you can't make it--and probably completely blow your chance, or you can call Bertha and disappoint her by saying this month won't work for you, but you'll touch base later about the following month. Which do you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom