Tubby pulls a PUNKY BREWSTER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I agree with the "Gonzaga of Minnesota" label, but with all the talent Minnesota produces NDSU has the potential to build a very good mid-major basketball program.

I thought Winona State was the Gonzaga of Minnesota? And doesn't the ND in NDSU stand for North Dakota...piss off NODAK and get your own board.

Bison, are you that old guy who traveled to the barn last season and started talking trash to the student section?

just curious....

I thought Winona State was the Gonzaga of Minnesota? And doesn't the ND in NDSU stand for North Dakota...piss off NODAK and get your own board.

I know what the ND stands for, that is why I said I don't know if I agree with the label, I only agreed that NDSU could build a strong mid-major program. Of course being anything like Gonzaga is years off.

Maybe you have me confused with lakesbison, I'm the Bison fan that doesn't think or pretend that there is a rivalry between the two schools.

Absolutly nothing good can come the Gophers way in scheduling NDSU in any sport.
If we lose we are the laughing stock of the world.
If we win everyone thinks we should have won by more.

No kid is going to choose Minnesota so they can play NDSU. None.

When NDSU plays the Gophers its the highest point of the season for the players and the fans. The total opposite for the Gophers players and fans.

270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

North Dakota State

is not a mid-major.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT NDSU games bring FANS to your seats.

and NDSU is NORTHWEST MINNESOTA. that is a fact.

Fergus falls, Detroit lakes, thief river, pelican rapids, perham, breckenridge. that whole neck of the woods is NDSU based.

so, Minnesota and NDSU should play in every sport (WHICH WE ALREADY DO!!)

Joel Maturi came out again this week and said we won't play you until you change the Fighting Sioux nickname. So you either have to decide if you want the big paycheck against your dream win (us) or if you want to keep your antiquated nickname.

Go Gophers!!

You already PLAYED US!! NDSU.

get your teams straight.. my god. its almost as insulting as calling gopher fans "sconi's"

either your ignorant or you doing the JOKE thing, which EVERY already laughed at 3 years ago.

get over it.

Tubby & Saul should've worked out a date to play in 2009, period, end of story in my book.

BUT NDSU games bring FANS to your seats.
!!)

we will have our own fans in our own seats (but thanks for the offer). Didn't we beat you guys handily this past year with your 4 5 years seniors. Now we are expected to play you with our best team in a decade and yours bottom of the barrel. Good thing its warming up it seems like the people IN NORTH DAKOTA have become delerious with the harsh winter

I don't know if I agree with the "Gonzaga of Minnesota" label, but with all the talent Minnesota produces NDSU has the potential to build a very good mid-major basketball program.

This is very true. High school basketball in MN is producing far more than one DI roster's worth of talent (one that is now privy to talent nationwide given Tubby's national profile). NDSU is a natural destination for some of those kids.

HOWEVER, until NDSU does something about its pathetic basketball facitlities, it won't get those players regularly. That embarrassing dump the Bison call a home court is about three generations behind the times. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If NDSU wants to be a player, it better pony up in a hurry. Otherwise, the overmatched roster the Bison sport next year will be the norm.

Facts. you are absolutely correct!!

working on $15 million bball fargodome addition.

Playing NDSU means as much to me as a 3rd grade softball game. Get over yourself.

We do not need NDSU to fill seats. Barn and TCF are fine without them.

Northwest Minnesota is NOT NDSU country. It is in Minnesota and those people are loyal to their home state school. The only fans of NDSU are the ones that went to school there. I know this because I grew up in Detroit Lakes. My mother went to NDSU, and father to Bemidji State and guess what, the whole family are diehard Gopher fans. None of my freinds growing up were NDSU fans. The U does not need NDSU, and Gopher fans really do not care about that game.

wow DL guy.

what a SAMPLE you use in your survey. impressive stuff.

goto any lake cabin around DL/Ottertail Lake and check the flags on the houses and end of docks. then get back to me.

Lakes, with all due respect, you're a tool. And I say that as someone who will pull for NDSU and UND as they fully transition into the life of a Division I school. Wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to be talking trash on a UND board? The Sioux are your natural rivals, not the Gophers.

Im not dissing the minnesota gophers in my arguments here.

und? who is that, we havent played them in ANY sport in 6 years and counting.

so yes, Minnesota is our rival.

Play you guys in everysport, CEPT for 2009-2010 thanks to Brewster and Tubby.

NDSU is not a rival of the U of M

I won't argue that the Gophers are the Bison's rival. I'll take your word for it. But a rivalry requires two to tango, and there must be an intense distaste (but begrudging respect) for one another. NDSU certainly is not a rival of the Gophers. That word in the U of M sports vernacular is saved for Wisconsin and Iowa, not a fledgling D-I school.

Im not dissing the minnesota gophers in my arguments here.

und? who is that, we havent played them in ANY sport in 6 years and counting.

so yes, Minnesota is our rival.

Play you guys in everysport, CEPT for 2009-2010 thanks to Brewster and Tubby.

Maybe if you ask nicely IPFW will be your rival. Southern Utah?

Well Lakes, you just proved my point. Those "lake cabins" you speak of are mainly people from Fargo. They do not represent the Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, that whole area as they are not residents. They are only there on the weekend/summer. And as someone who spends my time on those lakes in the summer, I can truthfully say that they are not littered with NDSU flags. More people in that area are fans of UND then NDSU. But of course, the majority are U of M fans. Thanks for trying, but you obviously dont know what you are talking about and it appears you are not actually from that area and you just claim to be for the summers. If you dont believe me, ask UAGopher.

DL. oh my god. youre nuts.

ottertail lake, is where im at. and you are just trying to get me going, like everyone.

with the recent success of NDSU in past 2-3 years. its an area ALL ABOUT NDSU!

This is the funniest thread I've read on here in a long time.

It's my entertainment at work during my lunch hour :)

I'm glad you guys are taking good care of lakes, was worried he wouldn't have anyone to talk after being banned from the NDSU board for a month.

As for our Rivals, they are SDSU, UND, and UNI. They would be our peers.

I do agree with lakes about DL, there are a lot of NDSU fans in west central Minnesota. I don't know how many there are vs other schools but I do know there are plenty.

This thread is so funny!! I have to be completely honest and I doubt that I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I forget that North Dakota or even South Dakota are even there. Wisconsin and Iowa are always there. True rivals and threats to good civilized people. Sure lakesbison is annoying but then think about Wisconsin fans. At least they have something really to back it up, well maybe not anymore. NDSU has NOTHING. NDSU playing the Gophers is a privilege, not a right. You should be able to understand that by how you feel and how we feel about the schedule. Good thing for you, lakesbison, that your whole fan base isn't like you or you would probably lose that privilege in its entirety. Oh, and before you go, there are leftovers here if you want to take them home to your basketball program.

I'm glad you guys are taking good care of lakes, was worried he wouldn't have anyone to talk after being banned from the NDSU board for a month.

Fargo,

Thanks for the explanation of why Lakes suddenly showed up on this board after a month plus of peace.

Wow

I haven't been on Gopher Hole for about two weeks, and this thread is still up and running....?

NDSU is a great school and you had a great year. You are not a rival of the U of M. Stick with UND, SDSU, heck...have at it with Moorehead State or Concordia Moorehead.

It would be nice to play NDSU next year, but not that big of a deal.

Now let the thread die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom