Tubby pulls a PUNKY BREWSTER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

You must not have read the article. We got a game on national TV on that date. There's nothing to gain from playing the Bison, except an easy blowout win.

You are aware that your Bison hung with Kansas largely with a bunch of guys who have used up their eligibility? I think your squad is going to look just a smidge different next season. If Tubby was going to duck NDSU, he would have done it this past season.

If this report is true, I like the sounds of it. A nationally televised game means the Gophers have scheduled somebody decent. Hopefully it's at William Arena.

I think that would be because we actually want a good non-conference schedule.

He's still in fantasy land because the Bison made the Tourny after beating up on national powers like IUPUI, Utah Valley, and...South Dakota St.

Meanwhile the Gophers only managed to beat nobodies like Louisville, Ohio St., Illinois, and Wisconsin.

Yea, its a shame that Woody didn't play like he did vs Kansas as Minnesota earlier in the year.

Oh well.

I really just don't like the idea of No Minnesota game next year.

There's gotta be other days, I mean Tubby just say "oh, got a nationally tv game, so BUMP NDSU and not try to find a date for them"

stay classy tubby! just like punky!

Yea, its a shame that Woody didn't play like he did vs Kansas as Minnesota earlier in the year.

Oh well.

I really just don't like the idea of No Minnesota game next year.

There's gotta be other days, I mean Tubby just say "oh, got a nationally tv game, so BUMP NDSU and not try to find a date for them"

stay classy tubby! just like punky!

Yeah. It's a shame the Hoffarber didn't play like he did last season, that Nolen didn't progress, that Damian Johnson lost his jump-shot, that Lawrence Westbrook was so inconsistent this season...get real. Stop making excuses. Everyone can say the same thing about their team, whether they were the worst in the country or the best. Things happen. Champions win in spite of those things.

NDSU needs the U, the U doesn't need NDSU. Much like you need our message board, and we don't need you.

You're right. Ill just take the quotes from Bill Self & Collins and remember them.

WE don't NEED U, We WANT U!

Yeah...keep the memories alive...

You're right. Ill just take the quotes from Bill Self & Collins and remember them.

WE don't NEED U, We WANT U!

That's all you've got. What a loser. The Gopher/NDSU games havn't even really been competitive.

Lakes learn how to read...

NDSU, which has played the Gophers the last four years, had a date set to play in Minneapolis next season. But according to Bison head coach Saul Phillips, the Gophers had to bump the date because of a nationally televised game they scheduled.

“Our schedule is pieced together pretty neatly,” Phillips said. “So we agreed to take a break and resume the series immediately the following season.

Minnesota didn't duck NDSU, they wanted to move the game and the two schools couldn't get a date worked out. It happens, get over it.

Very true cheese these games have not really been competitive since we have started playing them.

What is with this NDSU, MN bickering. No offense but I find NDSU pretty irrelevant to care about them or bicker with them. I see no point in playing them in basketball or football at any point. They keep bragging about how they beat us in a year when everyone beat us but really so what? We were terrible and they had a good team for their level of comp. DII or whatever teams pull off upsets against better teams every year and I doubt this type of trash talking continues

Well, spin it anyway you want.

NDSU got more national exposure than MINNESOTA during the NCAA's and Im sure that chapped ol' tubby's hide.

Its a shame the rivalry wont be continued, but like brewster, we'll just have to wait another year. *sigh*

I don't know why I am responding to an obvious troll post, but I'm bored so what the heck.

OK Lakes, what would you do if you were the AD of a big six conference school. Here are your options:

1. Play a team from a mid-major (and that's being generous) conference which has not had an at large bid to the NCAAs since 1991 on regional television. This team will be in a rebuilding mode from last year when they were arguably the most talented they have ever been and you beat them by 14 points. Actually, you have beat this team four years in a row by an average of 18+ points (23 points in the Tubby era).
  2. Play a school that has enough of a reputation that the game will be on national television. This game will potentially help you with recruiting, building an NCAA tourney resume and presumably will also give your team a better test on the court.

Which would you pick and why. Be honest.

lakesbison....Get real here. I am a Gopher fan, and a Bison fan. But stop and think about the big picture....If you had a choice of NDSU playing Mayville State, or being on a National TV game...what would your choice be? Hello??????????

Well, to be fair to Mayville State, their program is definitely on its way up.

OK, let's replace the Mayville State option with Valley City State?

OK, let's replace the Mayville State option with Valley City State?

How about the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople (for all you P.D.Q. Bach fans). :D

How about scheduling the Zap Zips????/

Im not trolling.. Im obviously PISSED OFF!!

OF COURSE you can schedule a BIG TIME power conference school, but WORK a lil harder tubby to find a spot in the schedule.

THATS MY POINT, sorry it takes you guys 20 posts for that to be conveyed to you.

IF NDSU is going to be the GONZAGA of Minnesota, Gopher coaches should want to keep playing NDSU.

Lakesbison,

I totally support the Bison. I like Tim Miles. I like Saul Phillips. I really like Ben Woodside.

But you're being ridiculous here.

The Gophers have played NDSU four times in four years. That's more than what any other power conference program has done. And as the story states, they are going to play again. Just not this upcoming year.

Non-conference schedules are difficult to put together because of venue availability and final exams of both schools involved.

But comparing Tubby to Brewster is just wrong. Tubby has way more class. Not even close.

I hope your equally PISSED OFF at Saul Phillips. Considering his quote in the link you posted:
Our schedule is pieced together pretty neatly. So we agreed to take a break and resume the series immediately the following season.

Tubby decided, i have my sources.

YES Tubby has more class than Punky. but this is sad.

LAKESBISON: Please cool it. Does it do any good to pass on your being pissed off, for selfish reasons, and piss off a large group of people? My suggestion to you is this, have a cool one, enjoy what was, quit pissing and moaning about what YOU want and ain't gonna be. Please, sit back and relax, watch the Bison games from this past year, and enjoy. Please slow down, do not have a heart attack about things beyond your control. We really want to be your friend, but you seem to not want us as your friends.

What is with this NDSU, MN bickering. No offense but I find NDSU pretty irrelevant to care about them or bicker with them. I see no point in playing them in basketball or football at any point. They keep bragging about how they beat us in a year when everyone beat us but really so what? We were terrible and they had a good team for their level of comp. DII or whatever teams pull off upsets against better teams every year and I doubt this type of trash talking continues

Pretty much my sentiments.

I'm excited to hear what this nationally scheduled game is. As has been said, it'd be nice if it were a home game.

OF COURSE you can schedule a BIG TIME power conference school, but WORK a lil harder tubby to find a spot in the schedule.

THATS MY POINT, sorry it takes you guys 20 posts for that to be conveyed to you.

IF NDSU is going to be the GONZAGA of Minnesota, Gopher coaches should want to keep playing NDSU.

Why should we work to find a spot on the schedule for you? You act as if there is a huge rivalry between Minnesota and NDSU. There isn't. The fact that a top shelf NDSU team managed to beat our football team once during a 1-11 season, does not constitute a rivalry.

Bison, Before the tournament you were ticked off that people would rather watch the marquette game over the ndsu game, you said "Everyone in Minnesota should be NDSU fans, No reason NOT to cheer for NDSU." You are not helping the cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom