Tubby is out...who will be the next coach?

Somewhere Joel is organizing a search committee out of habit and is on the phone with Dave Mona as we speak.

Now that was funny :D

Actually he is out vacationing in Italy with Borton - expect an announcement from Teague regarding another Borton extension shortly...LOL

Wow, I knew something was up when I log in and there are over 6,000 people viewing the board. I was torn on the decision to keep or fire him, but am glad a decision was made fast. Tubby is a good man and I hope he gets another shot somewhere else.

Can we all move on from the arguments about Tubby though? What's done is done now.

Pass on Howland.

Why give the media any more fuel to add to the fire? I can already see the tweets from Reusse "Woody hires coach who Tubby beat in NCAA tournament, is he clueless?"

I have no interest in Howland.

The Florida Gulf Coast coach was also on that list. I like their style, but he seems like he could easily be more of a flash in the pan. I wouldn't mind seeing his wife walking around Williams Arena though.

How many 'Brewster-type' disasters are there? Really? He's no lock to suceed, but let's not go overboard.

Definitely. Look who picked Brewster. F'n Maturi. Who did all the stupid bs with Monson and Mason's contracts that cost us millions. Teague is very well connected in basketball circles and he's hired two coaches at VCU and hit the jackpot with one. We may not get Shaka, but I bet we get someone people are happy with. People are looking at the wrong past to predict the future. Teague and Kaler didn't hire Brewster.

Buzz Williams seems like a semi-realistic option. He'd be great. Love how his teams play.

Buzz Williams seems like a semi-realistic option. He'd be great. Love how his teams play.

I'd be a little surprised if he leaves Marquette as Minnesota is a downgrade in job - but if he really doesn't like his boss, and is uneasy about the future of his conference, then I could see it. I think he'd be a great hire overall.

I'm guessing if it is Flip he may not be appearing on ESPN anytime soon for his NBA gig...maybe a tell???

Also, what morning does he do Mike and Mike?

I'm not all in on Shaka. But we'll see I guess.

"@APkrawczynski: It's not Flip. I'm almost certain it's not Hoiberg. Beyond that, I do think most anything is possible."

THis could be the greatest week in gopher basketball,,, shaka takes coaching job... then we land 2 of the 3 mn kids or all 3!!!!

I like Shaka... VCU up 30 and Shaka still full court pressing. Killer instincts.

My bet is that Buzz is holding out for Rick Barnes to get fired at Texas . He can return back to Texas where he is from and at a school that has plenty of money to give the coaches whatever they want.

And takes big academic risks and covers up sexual assaults and ...

A little shady for my taste. Plus, he has work to do this week, and we need to get this thing done by the end of the week.

Did anyone watch the VCU Micigan game? Shaka's pressure defense was a disaster against a team with a ball handler. And he wouldn't make any adjustments. That game alone was worse than anything I saw from Tubby in 6 years...

I've also witnessed many games coached by Shaka that were better than any games Tubby had at the U. Michigan is one of the best teams in the country with arguably the best backcourt in the tournament.

"@APkrawczynski: It's not Flip. I'm almost certain it's not Hoiberg. Beyond that, I do think most anything is possible."

Local media knows nothing.. as we discovered when a Gopher Hole poster broke the story, not media. I think its Flip or Shaka and that a deal is done. Whether its one of those guys or someone else, even if the deal is done, you cannot announce it today. Tubby deserves at least that much... The "search is ongoing" line is standard stuff. I think a deal is done.. we will see.

What are the chances his replacement is announced at 3:00? What are the chances it is announced this week? This month?

My sources say it is Chris Berman, he resigned from ESPN late this morning.

Don't tease me like this...he is the worst sports caster. i think I would rather listen to Jim Nantz or even Billy Packer.

Top Bottom