Trey Potts...

I would hope they know they will be a big piece of the RB puzzle
Hope so! I was really impressed with Irving. Gotta imagine he still gets a lot of work next year.

We have no idea how Mo will recover, and what Potts' injury even was, so I would stick around if I was these guys. That doesn't mean they won't have tampering from other teams contacting them telling them they have playing time available.

Happy for Trey most importantly. I really worried that it was a career ending type injury. Also happy for the RB room! Depth is deeeeeeeeep

Great news.

Now we can officially start hand wringing about Ky Thomas and Bucky Irving.
they will likely play less next year than this year, but this is also a very good place to be a RB in the long run. they have bright futures here.

they will likely play less next year than this year, but this is also a very good place to be a RB in the long run. they have bright futures here.
Hmmm, Is it coincidetial that this is 100 after the Four Horseman starting dominated at Notre Dame?

And we gotta win one for Potts.

As noted, nobody knows how well Mo or Potts will come back from their respective situations.

But, I will go out on a limb and say that neither Mo nor Potts will be carrying the ball 25 times a game.

I could see a true 4-way rotation with all 4 backs getting in the 10-15 carry range per game, depending on situations and the opponent. Keep everyone fresh and healthy, and go with the hot hand in the 4th Quarter.

Or - no reason why the Gophs could not have sets with 2 RB's on the field - put one in the flank to use on jet sweeps or toss sweeps, or go out on short pass routes.

and then my real dream - a goal-line offense with Kramer at QB and 3 backs in a wishbone or an inverted wishbone.

Really happy for Trey and his family. That must have been a scary time, but it seems like he is in a really good place now.

(And it's really nice that we won't have the banned dipshit bitching once again about not being told what the injury was.)

Really happy for Trey and his family. That must have been a scary time, but it seems like he is in a really good place now.

(And it's really nice that we won't have the banned dipshit bitching once again about not being told what the injury was.)
Severe case of cooties.

Just hope Ky Thomas or Bucky Irving don’t leave now.

So glad that Trey is healthy but was hoping that he didn’t return TBH.

Williams would be the most likely to leave because of this. Tons of question marks with both Mo and Trey heading into next year. i don’t see Ky or Bucky bailing.

It's Mo's job, just like it was this year before he got hurt. He's our bell cow. He's not coming back to take 25% of the carries. Behind him, Potts, Thomas & Irving will all get touches. Williams will get some touches too in certain situations if the knee is 100%. We're good. Relax & enjoy the show.

I think the rb spot will be wide open next year. I dont think it’s safe to assume Mo and Potts will still be option one and two.

It's Mo's job, just like it was this year before he got hurt. He's our bell cow. He's not coming back to take 25% of the carries. Behind him, Potts, Thomas & Irving will all get touches. Williams will get some touches too in certain situations if the knee is 100%. We're good. Relax & enjoy the show.
I think if Mo’s injury doesn’t affect him much he’ll be the number one, but I don’t think he is coming back with any kind of promise of how many carries he will get. I think he is coming back because he loves this program and can improve his draft stock.

I imagine next year they try to keep Irving's redshirt that they burned this year.

Top Bottom