Trey Potts...

I imagine next year they try to keep Irving's redshirt that they burned this year.
Redshirts are not burned. They can be used at any time in a players career, along with the 4 game limit.

why are we so in the dark about potts injury.... im perplexed why that is such a big secret ???

Because, strangely, it’s still NOYB. Weird.

Probably because Potts doesn't want to talk about it. Hope I'm not sounding snide, but maybe we just have to settle with being perplexed.
Yep, we know the important stuff, it was serious and season ending at the time, but clearly wasn't career ending. Would it be nice to know more details....of course. But that is up to Trey if he wants to divulge that info or not and so far he has elected not to.

RB will be an interesting position to watch in the Spring and Fall. We know what to expect from Ky and Bucky but the rest of the guys have major question marks at this point in regards to what kind of condition they will be in once the season rolls around.

Would be great if Potts could get back in the spring and start practicing again in order to be ready for the fall. Given Mo's injury I will be shocked if he is ready to go full speed in the fall so the more depth the better.

I think they’ll use him as a kick return guy and get him some touches on offense too, he is too good to keep off the field.
Bucky at kick returner would seem like a lock if we have any depth at all at RB. He showed he was good at it when given the opportunity this past season.

I am sure KC will find ways to get touches for all the RB. Don't see anyway that Mo will be recovered enough to handle a massive workload so would fully expect to see them go with the hot hand in most games.

Great for Potts to be able to come back and do things on his terms. It's also great for the RB room to share the wealth and keep guys fresh for the long haul of a season. Great competition to be had.

well let me be perplexed about donating . i spend alot of money and follow these guys and there development. so let them be perplexed where my money went. done.
So because Potts doesn't want to give detailed info about a medical condition you aren't going to give money to the University?....yep....that tracks. Any chance you are a transplant from MPLS....there was a guy here not too long ago that was all bent out of shape about not being given details about injuries...can't remember what his name was though.....he didn't post that often... :)

I think his approach to privacy is straight up great. Hats off to the man.
In this age of social media where young people have voluntarily put their whole lives on display, it's refreshing to see somebody just keep it to themselves. We have no need to know what the situation is, just that he's doing well.

Yes, I'm old and get off my lawn.

So because Potts doesn't want to give detailed info about a medical condition you aren't going to give money to the University?....yep....that tracks. Any chance you are a transplant from MPLS....there was a guy here not too long ago that was all bent out of shape about not being given details about injuries...can't remember what his name was though.....he didn't post that often... :)
not sure. im perplexed..if information about things doesnt matter, why do you care ?

Triple wing offense! Problem solved!!!!

Seriously, if we ran the spread triple option like Coastal Carolina with Mo, Bucky, Thomas and Potts carrying the rock with CRAB, Stephens, Wright and BSF to throw to….DAMN, I’d LOVE to see that offense.

Triple wing offense! Problem solved!!!!

Seriously, if we ran the spread triple option like Coastal Carolina with Mo, Bucky, Thomas and Potts carrying the rock with CRAB, Stephens, Wright and BSF to throw to….DAMN, I’d LOVE to see that offense.
Triple option always seems like a double or nothing bet.

If the defense can’t handle it, the game is over, if it can… the game is over…and you know it all in the first couple series.

If the defense can’t handle it, the game is over, if it can… the game is over
In a traditional triple option attack like the service academies run, I agree with you. I’m not in favor of that. What Coastal runs is different. They are completely balanced between run and pass and it is extremely hard to defend both. I think incorporating some of that style into the playbook would be a plus.

In a traditional triple option attack like the service academies run, I agree with you. I’m not in favor of that. What Coastal runs is different. They are completely balanced between run and pass and it is extremely hard to defend both. I think incorporating some of that style into the playbook would be a plus.
Yeah if you don’t run just triple option, you got other choices.

you are missing the huge obvious point. if you do not understand. no explanation oh wise one .
Oh no, please inform me what right you have to know. I get that you are curious, but please enlighten me why your claimed financial support of the University entitles you to know the nature of his medical condition.

If the defense can’t handle it, the game is over, if it can… the game is over…and you know it all in the first couple series.
Think more like Tommy Frazier and Lawrence Phillips at Nebraska in 90s just without all the felonies

The classic triple option was a winner in the era when every linebacker in the country seemed to run all day in a shoebox. When teams started putting top-drawer athletes at the position, the option dried up a bit. I think it can still be sprinkled into a game plan to catch a defense off guard, but it just doesn't seem to work the way it used to.

Yeah....me thinks you may be a certain other poster in disguise. Interesting how some posters appear while he is banned and then disappear again when he comes back....hmmmm
You’d think GH would be able to block by IP address or something. Pretty obviously MPLSGopher. That’d be a decent way to deter these sorts of accounts (though wouldn’t work if they use a VPN or something).

Yeah, I am all for creative plays if they help the Gophers beat Iowa and Wisconsin.

Back to Trey Potts. RBs in general have a potential to get injured seriously every time they get tackled.

How do you handle something like getting into the equivalence of 20 or so car collisions a game? Some may result in something the equivalent of a head on collision at very high combined force and speed.

I won’t be surprised if some sort of internal injuries can happen.

Top Bottom