Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

dont post unless you can tell us what it was. we all care, we follow these guys from recruiting thru out their time here. if people dont want to tell us what happend with us the gopher nation. dont. i will forget about it and not care any more.
I wasn't going to reply, because the thread had been sinking down and I was content with letting it die off. But it keeps getting bumped now.

You're probably right, in that I shouldn't have shared it. I am not going to go into the specifics of the rumor that was shared amongst our text group of fans/tailgaters. It seems like it could be legit, there are parts that make sense. If it is true ... I don't understand why the family won't say it. There's nothing to be "ashamed" of or hide. It was a freak thing (if that's what happened). Of course, no one (here) thinks they are "entitled" to the true story of what happened. But when you don't say it, people start making crazy crap up. See this thread as proof.

Anyway, I just felt like I needed to mention it, because some jackass brought up the covid thing. If the rumor I saw is indeed what happened, then nothing could be farther from the truth.

(1) You clearly do care about what he talks about. In a thread full of outlandish hunches, you seem to be particularly impacted by 1.

(2) Yeah, I was here from the beginning of the thread. I was defending those people and even gave a report of my friend who saw the same thing. It was also insinuated I was lying (by many of the same folks crying about the vaccine hunch). Those "randoms" were simply reporting what they saw and after your recent posts, I have no doubt you would have thrown a fit asking them to not talk about it. It seems pretty on-brand for you.

(3) I don't believe your reaction has nothing to do with politics. I could be wrong, I don't know you. Maybe it's a coincidence that the 1 piece of reckless speculation that set you off has political undertones. I don't think that's likely. I also don't think it's likely that Les posted that article with zero political undercurrents. Again, it's possible, but I'd say it's equally as likely that your reaction was apolitcal as Les's post being apolitical.

(4) As far as Les knowing the reaction, of course he did. Why give it to him? There are tons of other insane ideas on this thread that the peanut gallery didn't have a hissy fit about, why melt over this one?

(5) Do you see the irony in asking if people are sick of fighting? You had a particularly strong reaction to a very specific message. He trolled and it worked because you are NOT sick of arguing. I know you don't think your reaction was political but it sure seems like it is.
Blah blah blah.

"Coming in here with factless, clearly anti-vax political BS is exactly the same as calling out the numbskull who posted it."

Take it to the OTB. Your shtick is tired and transparent.

Blah blah blah.

"Coming in here with factless, clearly anti-vax political BS is exactly the same as calling out the numbskull who posted it."

Take it to the OTB. Your shtick is tired and transparent.
You're too old to not know how to use quotes. It's a bad look.

The anti-vax stuff is politically driven, so is your hissy fit reaction to the anti-vax stuff. Tons of factless speculation on this thread, but only one particular kind has sent you into this whaling frenzy and you have the audacity to call someone else transparent. If you weren't too stupid to pick up on the irony, I'd be embarrassed for you.

You were trolled by Les and then me because your hissy fits are hilarious and predictable. Thanks for proving our point!

Then you should look harder, someone pointed at something that might blame the vaccine and the response was USAF hissyfit and somoene nominating another one for worst post in the thread. You're right, they're reactions probably had nothing to do with politics.

The whole thread is filled with outlandish theories about his potential injury, those posts received a uniquely specific reaction, I wonder why?!?!?
Exactly

Let's all change our best and refocus on our beloved Gopher Trey Potts!

For all of us that care, I think I can safely say that we want Mr. Potts to return to health. If it's meant to be, we all want to see him play out his Gopher football career on his terms.

To Mr. Potts health!

Go Gophers!

Ski-U-Mah!

Row the Boat!

Last edited:

Let's all change our best and refocus on our beloved Gopher Trey Potts!

For all of us that care, I think I can safely say that we want Mr. Potts to return to health. If it's meant to be, we all want to see him play out his Gopher football career on his terms.

To Mr. Potts health!

Go Gophers!

Ski0U-Mah!

Row the Boat!
100 percent this! Get Healthy Mr Potts, heal up well, and all the best to him and the Gopher football family.

(1) You clearly do care about what he talks about. In a thread full of outlandish hunches, you seem to be particularly impacted by 1.

(2) Yeah, I was here from the beginning of the thread. I was defending those people and even gave a report of my friend who saw the same thing. It was also insinuated I was lying (by many of the same folks crying about the vaccine hunch). Those "randoms" were simply reporting what they saw and after your recent posts, I have no doubt you would have thrown a fit asking them to not talk about it. It seems pretty on-brand for you.

(3) I don't believe your reaction has nothing to do with politics. I could be wrong, I don't know you. Maybe it's a coincidence that the 1 piece of reckless speculation that set you off has political undertones. I don't think that's likely. I also don't think it's likely that Les posted that article with zero political undercurrents. Again, it's possible, but I'd say it's equally as likely that your reaction was apolitcal as Les's post being apolitical.

(4) As far as Les knowing the reaction, of course he did. Why give it to him? There are tons of other insane ideas on this thread that the peanut gallery didn't have a hissy fit about, why melt over this one?

(5) Do you see the irony in asking if people are sick of fighting? You had a particularly strong reaction to a very specific message. He trolled and it worked because you are NOT sick of arguing. I know you don't think your reaction was political but it sure seems like it is.
So if I react the same way to the people attacking Les you will then think I am being somehow less political? Fine for you:

LETS KEEP COVID AND ALL POLITICS OUT OF IT! You are all being d-bags! And stop responding to les, never feed the friggin trolls! (and dont troll yourself)

There you happy. I dont see how any of these comments are relevant. Hell at this point I dont see how ours are either so now we are making this thread a dumpster fire. All because some people had to get into a pissing contest over something that had no purpose here.

And I didnt react to les, I reacted to Dakota calling someone a moron for their response to les which is not much better. I am not proud that I did it because I just fed the beast but I am man enough to admit that I too was part of the problem despite not wanting to be. I honestly skipped les' post until it was quoted. He is one of the people who I tend to skim around here because while I dont have a ton of posts I have been reading for too long so I know the score.

edit: now back to us hoping Trey is going to be ok.

To clarify, I truly only posted the piece because it had Potts related material from a nationally known reporter. As I stated when I made it, I didn't intend it to be any sort of political statement (whatever your definition). Stop saying I intended it to be when that's not the case.

Full disclosure, I figured several Loons would rip me and the post and I haven't been disappointed.

Wait...your the decider of what is reliable or not?
It was a really bad opinion piece by an organization that is highly political. It's really not a question that newsmax likes to stir the pot with half truths and misinformation.

If you guys were my kids you’d all be in time out. BOTH sides of the political crap are done on this thread.

I am horrified to think that Trey might come on here and check this thread and see this drivel. He’s a great kid, has laid it on the line for our school, show some respect and keep your pride and opinions off this thread. FFS.

You can't possible believe that current players read GH??? I hope not.

If you guys were my kids you’d all be in time out. BOTH sides of the political crap are done on this thread.

I am horrified to think that Trey might come on here and check this thread and see this drivel. He’s a great kid, has laid it on the line for our school, show some respect and keep your pride and opinions off this thread. FFS.

giphy.gif

A fireman yells: "Pressure high!"; or "Pressure low!" Which way is the water valve going to be turned?

Maybe he is transferring to CO?
That's not a good sign................. Or maybe "<3" means he's changing his number to 1 or 2.
<3 is a heart... signifies love. So, no number change (I know it was a joke.)

So, is it love for the Gophers program or love for the stadium in Colorado? I'm betting Trey Potts is still in the boat and will start rowing as soon as he's able.

When is the family going to announce the reason he had to stay in the hospital for six days?

There is literally no valid reason not to do so, at this point.

People want to know, because they care deeply about Trey. If no one cared, then no one would want to know.

When is the family going to announce the reason he had to stay in the hospital for six days?

Maybe they enjoy privacy?

This is absurd. There are all sorts of reasons, valid reasons, why they might not want to make it public. Maybe it’s something they consider personal or private. That’s not a valid reason? Maybe it’s scary or embarrassing and they prefer not to reveal it to the public? That’s not a valid reason? Maybe they just prefer not to deal with public attention and scrutiny at this point in time. Perfectly within their rights and absolutely valid.
People want to know, because they care deeply about Trey. If no one cared, then no one would want to know.
Some people certainly are concerned about him, but others just want to know out of curiosity. Ask yourself this, how does not knowing impact you at all? If it makes any difference at all in how “deeply” you care about or support him, then your interest is more about you than it is about him.

Embarrassing???

You played your ass off for the team. You took a really hard hit. That caused an injury.

Then you had to stay in the hospital for six days because of that injury. Unusual, but probably not unprecedented.

Just say what the injury was. Not a single embarrassing thing about that. A warrior goes down in battle. That's the opposite of embarrassing. gtfo of here

Top Bottom