Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

When is the family going to announce the reason he had to stay in the hospital for six days?

There is literally no valid reason not to do so, at this point.

People want to know, because they care deeply about Trey. If no one cared, then no one would want to know.
Wouldn't potential litigation or sorting out insurance be a reason to maintain silence? I have nothing to base it on, but seems like it would be reasonable.

Wouldn't potential litigation or sorting out insurance be a reason to maintain silence? I have nothing to base it on, but seems like it would be reasonable.
The U will unquestionably pay for every dime that that Indiana hospital bills. Not even a thing.

Litigation??? You're kidding? Against whom?? Fleck???

Embarrassing???

You played your ass off for the team. You took a really hard hit. That caused an injury.

Then you had to stay in the hospital for six days because of that injury. Unusual, but probably not unprecedented.

Just say what the injury was. Not a single embarrassing thing about that. A warrior goes down in battle. That's the opposite of embarrassing. gtfo of here
Nice deflection. I didn’t say it was embarrassing, we don’t even know what happened. I listed that as one of many possible reasons why they might not want to tell you why he was in the the hospital. Any of those reasons, or any other reason, or really no reason at all, is valid for not making it public. It‘s his choice and none of your damn business.

The U will unquestionably pay for every dime that that Indiana hospital bills. Not even a thing.

Litigation??? You're kidding? Against whom?? Fleck???
Medical team, personal physician, equipment manufactures, trainers...since we don't know what it is, no idea if this is a long term issue, potential disability, future earnings, or impact on quality of life.

Medical team, personal physician, equipment manufactures, trainers
Nah. Massive reaching here. I rule this invalid.

no idea if this is a long term issue, potential disability, future earnings, or impact on quality of life.
People in this thread are literally speculating if his tweet, showing him playing football, means he will transfer to Colorado to play football. :sneaky:

Sue the trainers!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Show me a single instance of this, in the history of football. I really would love to see if there is one, to be honest.

Korey Stringer.
Kudos to you. Should've remembered that.

You win this point. I concede.

I also also highly, highly doubt there's any chance in hell that the Potts family is preparing a lawsuit against the U of MN. But, I guess we'll see.

Kudos to you. Should've remembered that.

You win this point. I concede.

I also also highly, highly doubt there's any chance in hell that the Potts family is preparing a lawsuit against the U of MN. But, I guess we'll see.
Probably so, regarding the UofMN but there could be other parties involved, like the equipment manufacturer if it was a head injury. That's just one "for instance".

Fortunately, Potts didn't suffer Stringer's fate but being in the hospital for 6 days means it was something pretty bad. I am just hoping he has a fruitful return to a quality life, whatever the situation may be.

While I am just as curious as the next guy, I completely respect the right to privacy. No explanation needed.

When is the family going to announce the reason he had to stay in the hospital for six days?

People want to know, because they care deeply about Trey. If no one cared, then no one would want to know.
There's a difference between wanting and needing. It's a short list of those who need to know and we're not on it. And that's ok.

There's a difference between wanting and needing. It's a short list of those who need to know and we're not on it. And that's ok.
You are correct. I did say want.

And with that crystal clear ... everything I said in that post still holds. Unless they're pending a lawsuit against the U of MN, which I doubt. But that is a wild guess.

You are correct. I did say want.

And with that crystal clear ... everything I said in that post still holds. Unless they're pending a lawsuit against the U of MN, which I doubt. But that is a wild guess.
Reach out to him or his parents on twitter if you want to know so bad. If they want to tell you, they will. Why does the family need a reason, valid or not, to tell you/us anything? Do you feel you have a right to know or something?

Quite possibly, never... There's no reason that they have to. Sooner or later, someone "in the know" will leak the actual reason, but the family might never officially release anything.

It is really none of the general public's business to know Potts's diagnosis.
I did not know that what he posted were symbols for heart.
So it is reasonable to assume that what happened was heart related or just as reasonable to assume it means he loves something.
Patience, if it is heart related like an arrythmia from a congenital defect all will know when he does not play football again.

Embarrassing???

You played your ass off for the team. You took a really hard hit. That caused an injury.

Then you had to stay in the hospital for six days because of that injury. Unusual, but probably not unprecedented.

Just say what the injury was. Not a single embarrassing thing about that. A warrior goes down in battle. That's the opposite of embarrassing. gtfo of here
There are injuries that could be embarrassing.

So the two reasons that GH has come up with are:
- pending lawsuit against the U of MN
- genitals were damaged and they're embarrassed.

OK! I'm going with neither of those being the case.

My guess is it's a situation where a lot is still up in the air. Will he be able to play again? How serious long term is it? Maybe things they want to figure out before saying anything.

Blocking one person in this thread has made this thread unreadable. Maybe that person needs another break so they can use their fake account again?

My guess is it's a situation where a lot is still up in the air. Will he be able to play again? How serious long term is it? Maybe things they want to figure out before saying anything.
I don't see why you can't say what the thing was, without "giving away" that stuff.

If I were a college football player with pro aspirations, and I had an injury / ailment.
I would want to keep it as quiet as possible to not negatively affect my career potential in the NFL.

Especially if the situation is fluid.

I don't see why you can't say what the thing was, without "giving away" that stuff.
Maybe because they don't want to. Lots of people don't openly share they have cancer right away until they know more about it.

If I were a college football player with pro aspirations, and I had an injury / ailment.
I would want to keep it as quiet as possible to not negatively affect my career potential in the NFL.

Especially if the situation is fluid.
You are required to tell your employer of any condition that can affect your ability to do your job.

Top Bottom