Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

SMPLSGopher

Reaction score
Did anyone see what happened to Trey Potts? At the very end someone was taken out of the tent on a stretcher with his neck stabilized and put in the back of an ambulance. I’m pretty sure it was him, could be mistaken. Sorry if this has been discussed already, I just got back to the car from the game and didn’t see anything after a quick glance.

Did anyone see what happened to Trey Potts? At the very end someone was taken out of the tent on a stretcher with his neck stabilized and put in the back of an ambulance. I’m pretty sure it was him, could be mistaken. Sorry if this has been discussed already, I just got back to the car from the game and didn’t see anything after a quick glance.
Dang.....couldn't see anything like that on the TV coverage. Doesn't sound good for whoever it was, will be interesting to see what if anything comes out about it in the next few weeks.

Question for you about the game conditions.....did it start raining harder late in the 4th quarter? It seemed like it during the telecast but really tough to tell on TV.

Just returned to hotel from game. The rain stopped at 3:04pm EST. The fifteen minutes before it stopped it absolutely poured. Drainage system had trouble handling volume on the sidelines. Gopher cheerleaders were ankle deep in water with the water cascading down the stadium steps.

As an aside, Purdue fans know how to tailgate. The RV lot was very impressive. Must be some entrepreneurial engineers that have scored big!

Could that have been Coney Durr? It looked like his shoulder area was in considerable pain. Don't think I saw him come back onto the field

Could that have been Coney Durr? It looked like his shoulder area was in considerable pain. Don't think I saw him come back onto the field
I thought I saw Durr stretching out his upper body on the sidelines after getting dinged, and he looked ok, unless something happened very near the end of the game.

Last edited:

Mods either delete thread or change the thread title.

Head/neck when they had him on the gurney exiting right in front of the gopher cheereleaders. Couldn't tell if there was a neck brace or not

First and foremost, hoping for the best for Potts. I did not see the injury watching on TV. Hate to get news like this coming out of a W. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for him!

Hopefully this was simply precautionary to get him somewhere for a diagnostic look to rule out a serious injury.
Still no word on Potts.
For what I saw, I would think he is still in a West Lafayette. I am hoping everything is alright.

Still no word on Potts.
For what I saw, I would think he is still in a West Lafayette. I am hoping everything is alright.
Did you see what happened? People here are having me question whether it was him or not. It sure looked like him, but there was no jersey so it could have been someone else I guess. Either way it was a gopher getting carted away so no bueno. I wonder if he just lost footing on the sideline with how wet it was because I didn’t notice the tent go up or any other game time injuries near the end.

Part of my concern was that the end-game Wildcat was being run by Kramer and Williams. But Williams got several snaps against Purdue, mostly I believe on passing downs. At 215 lbs, he is our most solidly built RB and is probably the best RB blocker on the squad. So, it makes sense that Williams would pair with Kramer in the Wildcat (as a lead blocker). But it made me think about Potts. I didn’t see the injury tent; just noticed Potts absence at the end of the game. I hope the very best for Potts—he has really stepped up. But if he is out for Nebraska, we really will need someone else to step up big time. “Bucko” is doing well, but he is still too slight to be a bell cow back against a team like Nebraska.

I rewatched the entire last quarter. Potts’ last play was at 3:21 to go, a first down run. He jumped up and ran off the field without incident.
Carried by a bunch of people into the tent. A lot of panicked/serious looking first responders and people running around. They ended up taking the tent down due to the number of people and had to cut off his jersey and shirt. Looked to be unconscious and I thought they were preparing to get him oxygen and/or an injection. At that point I moved my son and his friend away. All his happened during the final plays. Ended up getting him into an ambulance which zoomed off.

Carried by a bunch of people into the tent. A lot of panicked/serious looking first responders and people running around. They ended up taking the tent down due to the number of people and had to cut off his jersey and shirt. Looked to be unconscious and I thought they were preparing to get him oxygen and/or an injection. At that point I moved my son and his friend away. All his happened during the final plays. Ended up getting him into an ambulance which zoomed off.
Wow.

Pray that he is okay.

My son-in-law was telling me but a twenty-nine-year-old weight lifter who had an accident in the gym involving his upper spine. He was vomiting. He was driven to the Emergency Room only to be sent home after evaluation. Hours later, he came back and had to be medivac to a bigger hospital where he died upon arrival.

I cringe at any type of injury involving the head or upper spine.

Top Bottom