Away game tickets, where you headed in 2022?

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
When do tickets for away games go on sale for season ticket holders?

We were already planning to pick up tickets for the Penn State game as my son will be in his final year of law school there and we haven’t been there since moving him in back in August of 2020.

Now with it likely being the White Out game, I’m getting concerned about tickets and lodging. I buy tix for an away game most years but with Covid, it has been a a couple years now and I can’t remember when the tix go on sale. July or late June?

As long as I am posting a thread for this… anyone else already planning on that game or others? What campus are you headed to in ‘22?

I'm hoping to get to the Penn State game. I think it very easily could be a Top 15/20 match-up and has a decent shot at Gameday. Will likely obliterate my budget at this point, however.

I'm hoping to get to the Penn State game. I think it very easily could be a Top 15/20 match-up and has a decent shot at Gameday. Will likely obliterate my budget at this point, however.
It does stink as it's in the middle of nowhere, but it is within 3.5 hours of Newark, Baltimore, Philly and Pitt airports. Which at least gives you flexibility to watch flight prices to numerous locations. Been to all B1G locations for Gopher games, and PSU was by far my favorite. I can't recommend it enough.

Get to the stadium early- the security lines when we went were beyond atrocious. Granted this was a few years ago, but they also did not allow clear stadium bags at the time (like every other stadium). Made you put all your stuff in a provided 1-gallon zip-lock bag. We had to just throw out our clear stadium bag at the gate, so I'd check the rules before you go.

Have a hotel booked for nebraska. Hopefully nothing pops up that forces me to cancel.
I guess I was just planning on buying tickets off StubHub.

I’ll be doing the rare quinfecta this fall - five different stadiums in five consecutive weeks:

October 29 at Jack Trice in Ames, IA
November 5 at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE
November 12 at Boone Pickens in Stillwater, OK
November 19 at The Bank
November 26 at Camp Randall in Madison, WI

I hope nothing falls through. I’m really looking forward to it.

It does stink as it's in the middle of nowhere, but it is within 3.5 hours of Newark, Baltimore, Philly and Pitt airports. Which at least gives you flexibility to watch flight prices to numerous locations. Been to all B1G locations for Gopher games, and PSU was by far my favorite. I can't recommend it enough.

Get to the stadium early- the security lines when we went were beyond atrocious. Granted this was a few years ago, but they also did not allow clear stadium bags at the time (like every other stadium). Made you put all your stuff in a provided 1-gallon zip-lock bag. We had to just throw out our clear stadium bag at the gate, so I'd check the rules before you go.
this is super helpful. I'll for sure be there this year!

Planning to fly into Newark and meet friends from Jersey and make the drive down. Easy peasy. Got an airbnb locked down already.

The night game (possible white out) put us over the top.

Hotel booked for 11/4 and 11/5 in Lincoln. Considering East Lansing and State College.

I’ll be doing the rare quinfecta this fall - five different stadiums in five consecutive weeks:

November 19 at The Bank

Ambitious AND impressive!

Looking at flying to Michigan for the MSU game. Will likely drive to Nebraska for that game. Very slight chance I can pull of PSU this year.

Will also fly out from Denver for the CU home game and hopefully the Iowa home game!

If we stay living where we are we’ll hit Madison, Lansing, and Happy Valley. If we relocate we’ll just hit Penn State.

Going between Sparty or Penn State...if it is a White Out probably Happy Valley. Like everyone is saying, not easy way to get there with out a 3-4 hour drive both ways on gameday as I assume the chances of staying overnight there are very limted.

Thinking about the Penn State game since I’m here in the Pittsburgh area so it’s drivable.

I'm going to MSU for sure for family reasons and probably Penn State now that it's a night game and probably the White Out. Seems like my best chance to experience that stadium.

I live in St Pete, FL now so with two prime road games I may make only one home game at the Bank this fall. Hopefully Iowa. It's my first autumn living outside the Midwest, so some adjustments will be made.

I'm trying to make a Florida Gators game too this fall.

November 19 at The Bank

Fantastic!

When do tickets for away games go on sale for season ticket holders?

We were already planning to pick up tickets for the Penn State game as my son will be in his final year of law school there and we haven’t been there since moving him in back in August of 2020.

Now with it likely being the White Out game, I’m getting concerned about tickets and lodging. I buy tix for an away game most years but with Covid, it has been a a couple years now and I can’t remember when the tix go on sale. July or late June?

As long as I am posting a thread for this… anyone else already planning on that game or others? What campus are you headed to in ‘22?
Michigan State...7 down (counting TCF) 7 to go.

Mich St for me. Never been, and moving it to late September when they did the schedule change was the clincher. Spending almost a whole week to experience Michigan in the fall. I booked my hotel right when they did the change and got really reasonable rates at a Marriott Fairfield Inn for only $114.

November 19 at The Bank

That’s more than awesome.

Our group will be at the Michigan State game, first time in East Lansing. Love that they re-worked the schedule as late September is much better than the original first week in November game that was previously scheduled.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom