Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

Nailed that one built! Marfo to Texas AM

I say this will all sincerity, I wish I had the optimism/ignorant bliss of some of the people in this chat
Don't sell yourself short - you are more ignorant than you give yourself credit for.

Who are we realistically looking at now? Walton and Markusson top targets probably. El-Amin instead of one or the other. Corona might end up keeping Walton home.

But then, some schools use quarters instead of semesters. I have no idea what the actual rule says, would be great to see its language.

Calvin Wishart just put his name in the portal. I think he'd be worth a look. Strong kid and one I liked quite a bit in HS. Shot 38% from 3 for Georgia Southern and he reopened his recruitment because his coach left.

Calvin Wishart just put his name in the portal. I think he'd be worth a look. Strong kid and one I liked quite a bit in HS. Shot 38% from 3 for Georgia Southern and he reopened his recruitment because his coach left.

He was a great HS player, would be worth a look for sure.

Always loved his game and would take him in a minute.

So most will wait for that ruling before deciding?

I think most coaches are taking transfers with the expectation that it will happen. Pitino said as much in his blog last month. They are recruiting with that intention I'd guess.

I think most coaches are taking transfers with the expectation that it will happen. Pitino said as much in his blog last month. They are recruiting with that intention I'd guess.

Yeah, there are probably players who are waiting on the vote before they decide to transfer though, just to be safe. Hopefully we have at least one available scholarship when they do the vote in June.

Good chance it will pass but it will make the rich richer. Now the portal is over 600 plus 135 grad transfers. Maybe 40 that help.
Who would you say are the top 10 among the 40 that you think would help the Gophers?

Just a guess but of the top 40 there are maybe 25 that would help the Gophers.
So I don’t follow as closely who is on the list. Would you be willing to mention any possible names? I can understand if you would not but I respect your opinion so thought I would ask.

So I don’t follow as closely who is on the list. Would you be willing to mention any possible names? I can understand if you would not but I respect your opinion so thought I would ask.
Will get to it but it will include those already gone.

If you google a list of 2020 transfers, just about all of the guys ranked in the top-20, 30 or 40 would help the Gophers.

The best one they've been mentioned as in the mix for would be Mattias Markusson (7'3 dude) from LMU. They've been mentioned as a suitor for a kid from DePaul, Devin Gage, who was decent two years ago.

Outside of those two, there are dozens of guys entering the portal literally every day so it's super fluid.

The locals will clamor for locals to transfer back home. Frankly, the team could use all the help it can get and should take whoever wants to come here because they need playable people.

Ryan Burns just put out a free article (might be only today), but I think listed some that we have been in contact with. Truth is this will be hard to know and even harder to recruit with no visits being an option.

Ryan Burns just put out a free article (might be only today), but I think listed some that we have been in contact with. Truth is this will be hard to know and even harder to recruit with no visits being an option.

In all seriousness, Pitino should ask PJi and his crew for some help in setting up virtual visits - thus is a no brainer. 'Get her done

Last edited:

The concern, of course--based on past mistakes by this staff--is that none of the Gophers' "bigger" targets will pan out, and Wishart will get tired of waiting and go elsewhere.

The concern, of course--based on past mistakes by this staff--is that none of the Gophers' "bigger" targets will pan out, and Wishart will get tired of waiting and go elsewhere.
honest question for guys that have seen him play/know more about him....can this kid play significant minutes at the big ten level next year already? can be relied on as a solid bench player the next 2 years? PG? If Jamal is as good as we are hoping would another point guard be needed? Esepcailly when you already have greenlee burning a hole on the bench?

obviously if Carr leaves that would be a whole new ball game but im asusming he will be back for sure

Top Bottom