Trabis Ward

GoldenHerbs

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about him?? I see he hasn't signed with anyone yet, is it a grades issue??

Pretty sure it is a grades isssue from what everyone has been saying.

i heard that he is waiting on his test scores to come in. he will be a late qualifer. im guessing he will be a greyshirt if he decides to commit to the gophs. hopefully he does because i would love to see him in maroon and gold

It's funny, he was at the signing party that Victor Keise and Brent Singleton were at last night. Vic actually thought he signed with the Gophers, since he was wearing a MN hat - but he did not.

And yes, I've heard the same thing, he has some academics to get in order first.

GL, I was just going to write Vic mentioned he saw his "friend" (T Ward) at a signing day event (in his Blog you have up). Sounds like we may have Vic and Singleton to work on Ward, but if he is wearing a Gophs hat to a signing event one would have to assume if he is eligable he is coming here??? Did Vic mention anything to you further about him?

Pretty sure it is a grades isssue from what everyone has been saying.

trabis ward is a big-time baller...HUGE...:D

it may take brew's biggest selling effort, though, to get him past admissions...which, if brewster is successful with this endeavor, it would have to be considered a minor miracle:p

this would change the complexion of the current recruiting class...:eek:

trabis ward is a big-time baller...HUGE...:D

it may take brew's biggest selling effort, though, to get him past admissions...which, if brewster is successful with this endeavor, it would have to be considered a minor miracle:p

this would change the complexion of the current recruiting class...:eek:

I would have to agree! I hope Brew keeps up with the same efforts he put into Gray and Reeves with Ward. He is the type of kid who could make money in this game, so he has to know its all there for him if he just focuses on school for a couple years. If we can get him admitted then we get him the coolest/hottest tutor on campus and have him tote the rock in "The Bank" ;)

GL, I was just going to write Vic mentioned he saw his "friend" (T Ward) at a signing day event (in his Blog you have up). Sounds like we may have Vic and Singleton to work on Ward, but if he is wearing a Gophs hat to a signing event one would have to assume if he is eligable he is coming here??? Did Vic mention anything to you further about him?

I just asked Vic about him, and really wasn't sure of his status. He thought he would be a Gopher if he qualified, and he needed to re-take his SAT. I guess they're waiting on that.

Like I said, Vic wasn't really sure - but he just speculated. We'll just have to wait and see!

Nothing wrong with taking a late qualifier. Mason took plenty. Brewster was careful in his press conference to say he was "Pretty much done" with recruiting for 2009.

Ward update

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/.../sfl-flspbrowrecruit06sbfeb06,0,1251135.story

He took the SAT for the first time Jan. 24 and is expected to receive his score Feb. 12.

After he gets his scores, he has a school in mind that he is looking to sign with.

"I am probably going to sign with Minnesota next week," Ward said. "I've been talking with [assistant coach George] McDonald every day and they are going to give me a good chance to play. He's high on me and they are waiting on me."

Ward said that he had a chance to sign with Minnesota on Wednesday and McDonald said that if anything came up, then he could go to a prep school. But Ward wanted to make sure everything was OK before he signed.

If Ward has to go the prep-school route, it would be a disappointment.

South Carolina was high on Ward's list, but once running backs coach Robert Gillespie left for Oklahoma State, Ward was no longer interested in the Gamecocks.

This is huge! Would really make the competition for PT at RB fierce, and it is desperately needed.

Boy, that would be a HUGE addition.

Ward was very highly regarded by most scouting services and had some big-time schools talking to him early. Apparently, the interest fell off a little bit because of his academics. But the fact that he says directly he wants to commit and sign with the Gophers is outstanding.

Now, we'll see what happens with his test scores and move on from there...

could be clearing house paper work needs to be completed. Some kids drag their feet on that stuff.

I don't know how to say this kindly, but after watching the videos of this kid, I can see why academics might be an issue. That being said I hope he proves me wrong, gets into school with a scholarship and graduates with a degree!

Besides his shorts falling down every single time he ran a drill, looks like he has some nice athletic ability, and god knows we need as much of that as possible.

He took the SAT for the first time Jan. 24 and is expected to receive his score Feb. 12.

I know this will probably cause a lot of the Brewster naysayers to join this thread, but if you are a star football player, why do you wait until January to take your SAT/ACT? He had to of known that he would not receive his scores by the time NSD came around. When I was in high school, I was told by multiple different people to take the ACTs as many times as I could/needed, because if you don't do as well as you like you could retake it and expect to see a better score.

That being said, I truly hope he passes and becomes a Gopher. He would be a great get.

I know this will probably cause a lot of the Brewster naysayers to join this thread, but if you are a star football player, why do you wait until January to take your SAT/ACT? He had to of known that he would not receive his scores by the time NSD came around. When I was in high school, I was told by multiple different people to take the ACTs as many times as I could/needed, because if you don't do as well as you like you could retake it and expect to see a better score.

That being said, I truly hope he passes and becomes a Gopher. He would be a great get.

I agree completely, not the smartest move on his part.

Who said anything about this being the first and only time he took it??? Don't bash a kid without knowing the truth. This would be huge and Deleon would never see the field again with Lipscomb, Bennett, Whaley, and Ward!

Who said anything about this being the first and only time he took it???

I don't know, maybe the part where somebody said,

"He took the SAT for the first time Jan. 24"

Maybe that was it?

Who said anything about this being the first and only time he took it??? Don't bash a kid without knowing the truth. This would be huge and Deleon would never see the field again with Lipscomb, Bennett, Whaley, and Ward!

Uh, the article above said it was the first time he took it. Please read Dinkytowners post and follow the link to the article and ready slooowwlly.

Maybe he has taken the ACT and didn't fare to well so they are trying the SAT? With Carter now signed and if Ward does get accepted into school and I know its a big if, but I want to hear all the bashers that say this class is so much behnd last years.

Maybe he has taken the ACT and didn't fare to well so they are trying the SAT? With Carter now signed and if Ward does get accepted into school and I know its a big if, but I want to hear all the bashers that say this class is so much behnd last years.

Wow, are you grasping at straws to not have to admit that you were possibly wrong. FYI... the SAT is also widely regarded as being more difficult than the ACT which is why some schools don't accept the ACT(i.e Ivy League).

I knew sending the troll signal would get GG attention...welcome o troll

I never have had a problem saying I'm MAY be wrong unlike a certain troll. I MAY be wrong but I also MAY be right on this one. :D

I never have had a problem saying I'm MAY be wrong unlike a certain troll. I MAY be wrong but I also MAY be right on this one. :D

I have stated it many times, thanks for playing though and try again.

FSF, I usually agree with your posts and value your opinion, but you're just wrong on this one. Anyone trying to get admitted into college (especially those who are borderline) needs to take both the ACT and SAT as early and often as possible. Whether he first took and did poorly on the ACT is irrelevant, because he should have taken the SAT much, much earlier than Jan. 24 in either case. Take your lumps and move on.

(And no, I'm not taking sides with GG. That would be the last thing I would do. We just happen to be on the same side in this argument.)

Aw...someone who bashed me for adding to my signature just changed his to something similar. So cute! Typical tho.

FSF, I usually agree with your posts and value your opinion, but you're just wrong on this one. Anyone trying to get admitted into college (especially those who are borderline) needs to take both the ACT and SAT as early and often as possible. Whether he first took and did poorly on the ACT is irrelevant, because he should have taken the SAT much, much earlier than Jan. 24 in either case. Take your lumps and move on.

(And no, I'm not taking sides with GG. That would be the last thing I would do. We just happen to be on the same side in this argument.)

:D Ok I might be wrong. Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and GG was a way to take it out. ;) Seems to have worked.

Top Bottom