Today we are all Horned Frogs

GophBen

Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing to lose from a TCU wins, and everything to lose with a Bucky win. It helps their recruiting, reputation, and donations from alumni and fans.

And for those of you who whimper about "But they're in our conference," you are an idiot. "My conference is awesome" = "My cousin has a huge cock."

There is absolutely nothing to lose from a TCU wins, and everything to lose with a Bucky win. It helps their recruiting, reputation, and donations from alumni and fans.

And for those of you who whimper about "But they're in our conference," you are an idiot. "My conference is awesome" = "My cousin has a huge cock."

Extremely poor analogy and in poor taste, but pulling for the badgers is not an option.

I have to disagree. The Big Ten has a bad rep nationally and a Badger loss reinforces this. That being said I will shed no tears if they lose. I saw TCU play live against my other alma mater in the season opener. Very impressive team with a huge, experienced o-line. QB might be the most unappreciated player in the nation.

Hopefully they show their danceline on TV. They wear Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader outfits only in purple and were very good looking. The blogger for the Oregon State football team started his recap of the game saying, I have never seen so many good looking women in my life. The women in Texas get dressed up for games. Works for me!

TCU also has a great slogan fro their T-shirts---------------HORNY FOR LIFE!

I have to disagree. The Big Ten has a bad rep nationally and a Badger loss reinforces this. That being said I will shed no tears if they lose.

I agree with you. Apparently, wanting a strong national reputation for the conference makes us idiots.

Why does anyone care about the "national rep" of the Big Ten? Do you need your mom to tell you that you're special too?

Anyone who cares that much about "national rep" shouldn't be a Gophers fan. How many BCS teams have a worse "rep" nationally? It's like being a Kansas St. fan and saying you care about academics.

Why does anyone care about the "national rep" of the Big Ten? Do you need your mom to tell you that you're special too?

Anyone who cares that much about "national rep" shouldn't be a Gophers fan. How many BCS teams have a worse "rep" nationally? It's like being a Kansas St. fan and saying you care about academics.
Beat me to it. If Wisconsin wins, do all 11 teams get a trophy? Is that how this works? Do Hopkins and Minnetonka jump for joy when Eden Prairie wins a football game?

I am officially ambivalent, the arguments about conference reputation have some sway, I also have no great love for TCU, but I can't root for Wisconsin.

In no way do I want one of our main rivals to win. Go Frogs!

The national rep matters for recruiting among other things. The national talking heads all blather on and on about the SEC being so much better than the other conferences. If the perception of the Big Ten was the same it would help us when we make offers to players out of our region. Right now an offer from an SEC team is considered the gold standard.

The national rep matters for recruiting among other things. The national talking heads all blather on and on about the SEC being so much better than the other conferences. If the perception of the Big Ten was the same it would help us when we make offers to players out of our region. Right now an offer from an SEC team is considered the gold standard.
So, if a kid has offers from Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan and Vandy, he's going to be a Commodore?

No, but if he is choosing between between us and Mississippi it probably does. Same with ACC and hoops.

BTW. Happy New Year cousin.:D

For those of you who whimper about "it helps their recruiting and reputation and donations" you are ignorant. A Big Ten participant, particularly one from our region is a positive. Their success is impressive and is a measure of what we should try to achieve. Schools like TCU belong in other bowls not the Rose bowl. I hope Wisky destroys and embarrasses their squad.

Frogs all the way

Do you really want to see Bielema jumping around celebrating a victory? Almost rather get food poisoning.

For those of you who whimper about "it helps their recruiting and reputation and donations" you are ignorant. A Big Ten participant, particularly one from our region is a positive. Their success is impressive and is a measure of what we should try to achieve. Schools like TCU belong in other bowls not the Rose bowl. I hope Wisky destroys and embarrasses their squad.

Yes, it is a positive. For Wisconsin. Their success benefits their school. No one else's.

I'm rooting for Northwestern, Michigan State, Penn State, and Michigan and I may even root for Ohio State (the delayed player suspensions--BS--being the only reason I wouldn't) but I just cannot root for Becky! If the Big 10 goes 7-1 in the Bowls and Becky is the only loser, I can't imagine that hurts the Big 10's rep. P.S. Somehow "Becky" and "Loser" just feel like they belong in the same sentence.

I resent TCU's participation in the Rose Bowl.

That said, now that they're there, I hope they stomp Becky by 50.

I hate Wisconsin as much or more than the next Gopher fan, I would rather have Iowa there and the margin isn't even close. However, today I am envious, I can't imagine the feeling of watching your team at the Rose Bowl. I've been fortunate enough to see a game there, USC-UCLA, and it is absolutely amazing but the joy that would surround the Gophers playing in the Rose Bowl would be out of this world. I'm young and hopefully have many years of Gopher football left and will hopefully see the day. The other BSC bowls pale in comparison to the Grand Daddy of 'em All.

root against SEC

If we're worried about our rep vs. the SEC, then root against the SEC. TCU is not in the SEC. What tiny fraction of a gain we'd have in recruiting with a Big 10 win is nothing compared to the uphill battle we'd face trying to get midwest recruits over a successful Wisconsin.

Maybe OSU or Mich cheer for Wisc because the 5 star guys care about SEC vs Big 10. But we're competing against Big 10 schools more than SEC. The Gophers have to improve our own standing before we worry about how the Big 10 looks as a whole. 2-0 vs Big 12. That and the other games today will say a lot about our conference. Beating USC next fall would help too! Go Gophers!

Tons of inferiority complex in this thread.

Go Big Ten.

I hope Whiskey get crushed and I hope it's because of obvious coaching mistakes.

Tons of inferiority complex in this thread.

Go Big Ten.

That has nothing to do with it. I hate Wisky. I'd rather DIE than cheer for any of their squads. A Wisky win means, if anything, a bad day for me. I want Becky to suck so damn bad that the state of California won't break off the continent (and I really hate California as a state). I don't hate Wisconsin so much because the Gophers are in the dumps. I hate Wisconsin because I love the Gophers.

One can cheer for the Big Ten and still root against the Badgers/Iowa. It's just conference 'pride' is trumped only by our hatred for our closest rivals.

With that said.. I'm definitely Horny for a day! (Well.. Horny in the non-sexual way.. The other horny is a given.)

lol BTP. It IS a bit different in the pros, you have to admit.

Wisky winning the Rose Bowl is good for the Big Ten.. But better for Wisky. And anything ultimately that's good and/or better for Wisky is bad for us. Therefore, Go Toads!!

All year this board has been screaming for Brett to get what he deserves. I hope it happens today. Go frogs.

I have to disagree. The Big Ten has a bad rep nationally and a Badger loss reinforces this. That being said I will shed no tears if they lose. I saw TCU play live against my other alma mater in the season opener. Very impressive team with a huge, experienced o-line. QB might be the most unappreciated player in the nation.

Hopefully they show their danceline on TV. They wear Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader outfits only in purple and were very good looking. The blogger for the Oregon State football team started his recap of the game saying, I have never seen so many good looking women in my life. The women in Texas get dressed up for games. Works for me!

TCU also has a great slogan fro their T-shirts---------------HORNY FOR LIFE!

Given the way the BT is doing today, I think we have no choice but to suck it up and root BT, even Wisky.

:blah:Enjoy the game and don't get all bent out of shape.
:cool02:

Top Bottom