Time to Change the Culture

Demry could get major time this year. The coaches were just extremely determined and did everything they could (for once, thankfully) to preserve his RS. In fact if they didn't think he had talent, I find it hard to believe they would go to this extent to RS him.

If Croft is worse or comparable to Mitch...I'm not that excited. And if he's been better and they kept him on the bench they ought to be fired. You play to win today.

agreed. if any qb was better everyone should be fired for the bs we had with leidner. f'n mule with a spinnin wheel no one knows how he got and damned if he knows how to use it - lyle lanley.

in past seasons they would have lost to NW, or OR St, or CO state or RU...they didn't this year...they are growing or am I too optimistic

That depends on your baseline. If your baseline is 1-11 then he's doing great. If your baseline is the 2014 or 2015 teams they regressed this year when looked at from the eye test and advanced stats perspectives. That, and I'm not seeing any sort of offensive spark or even desire to bet creative vs a dominant defense. Punting on fourth and short, failing to prep the team. It's been rough this season.

If Croft is worse or comparable to Mitch...I'm not that excited. And if he's been better and they kept him on the bench they ought to be fired. You play to win today.

It makes you wonder doesn't it. I always wonder why they couldn't build a wildcat package for Streveler. We had a lousy passing attack, why not use a true running qb?

Or just roll with Strevy. I don't buy the weak arm BS. He makes worse decisions? Fine. He's got a noodle arm? Can he throw a slant, a hitch, a crosser, a dump off? Because the guy we rolled with has trouble doing that. And he's a turnover machine. Did you see Leidners stat line in the Big Ten? 3 TDs 11 ints. Most of them the result of bad decisions.

They did build a wildcat package for Streveler. It totally sucked, because like most wildcat packages, the play caller refused to ever let the wildcat QB attempt a pass.

We now know, thanks to SDSU football's coaches, that Chris Streveler can through for hundreds of yards on one game, so had our staff actually let him through the ball when running the package (or at all when he had to play as regular QB) we either would have loosened up the defense for his runs, or hit a couple of big plays in the air.

A true wildcat offense is most effective if you at least try to through once in a while.

Weird thread. Emotional reaction. Try to live more than through a college football team. Seriously. This is a winning season and people are melting down. The word is "unhinged". Tracy Claeys does need to mature as a coach. If he is winning as an immature coach, just think what the upside to this may be. Now, how do we get there from here? Support the team. Support the coach. And, keep going. Otherwise, seek therapy for your uncontrolled feelings of "frustration."
Exactly, well said Dean S.

Adjustment? I got your adjustment, how about Mitch doesn't throw second half INT's against PSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin. Claeys threw no interceptions today! Zero! With mediocre QB play we are a 11-1 team at the worst. I like our defense, we have a lot of young talent, lets give this staff a chance to build on the good and learn from the collapses, I like their chances.

Adjustment? I got your adjustment, how about Mitch doesn't throw second half INT's against PSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin. Claeys threw no interceptions today! Zero! With mediocre QB play we are a 11-1 team at the worst. I like our defense, we have a lot of young talent, lets give this staff a chance to build on the good and learn from the collapses, I like their chances.

The staff is responsible for the QB. Mitch regressed. If Mitch played lights out this season we'd have lauded Johnson and Claeys. That sentiment cuts both ways.

There can be a search. But the decision needs to be made with 72 hours and the hire within 10-14 days. Same way everyone else does it.

Texas hired their coach the same day they fired their coach. Their school is just as big as ours, how come they don't have the same red tape restrictions and process needs we do?

Go Gophers!!

Totally unfair. You may end up being correct, but how many Freshman QB's play? Totally prudent to do everything possible to RS Green and regain Croft's RS.

Croft was a Sophomore. If he was a high end recruit and real qb of future he would have played over the trash they started all year

There's no "culture" problem. The program is filled with tough kids who compete hard, fly around, and expect to win. Oh, and they go to class too. There's certainly an offense problem. And yes, that falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff. Most of them are gone (Kill, Z, Lime), so I'd like to give Johnson & Miller 2 more years to recruit and coach before throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'm honestly not sure they're up to the job, but I also don't think the program will suddenly crumble if we wait and see. It's on very solid footing at the moment and this defense will keep us in every game.

I'm as frustrated as anyone. Like many of you, I was cussing, jumping, yelling at the TV today in the second half. We gave the game away and it sucked. But that first half was about the best our O has looked all year. I believe they had over 260 yards of offense against a Wisc team that gives up 290 per game. Dropped a pass in the endzone and threw a stupid pick, or else the score would've been even worse at half. Frustrating ending for sure...but there were signs of life today.

Another meltdown. 0-6 against rivals. 0-5 against ranked teams. 4th place finish in the B1G West. Dead last in recruiting.

Row The Boat.

If you only have 1 drum keep drumming it, I guess.

Thanks for the insight. Better than your Accuweather Updates, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you only have 1 drum keep drumming it, I guess.

Thanks for the insight. Better than your Accuweather Updates, at least.

You used to be funny, what happened?

Should they get a participation trophy?

Of course not, but this might be the first season in the last forty years that we competed in EVERY game, that is progress. Winning isn't easy and I think this team and this coach will learn on the job and get nothing but better.

Croft was a Sophomore. If he was a high end recruit and real qb of future he would have played over the trash they started all year

Calling your senior QB "trash". What a Gopher fan you are.

Of course not, but this might be the first season in the last forty years that we competed in EVERY game, that is progress. Winning isn't easy and I think this team and this coach will learn on the job and get nothing but better.

But I have a PC machine and it tells me our recruiting ranking isn't good. Take that.

8-4, 8-4, 5-7, 8-4.

The coach responsible for the first three teams was exiled to KSU because of....well that's open to interpretation. This team was IMO worse than the last two and arguably worse than the 2013 squad.

The truth that we don't beat ranked teams and lose most of our rivalry games? That does hurt.

6th year right?
Recruiting rankings right?

You are a broken record. No one makes you be a Gopher Fan. If it is so terrible go talk weather on another message board. Tough stuff. No where else on the Internet to get that info.

6th year right?
Recruiting rankings right?

You are a broken record. No one makes you be a Gopher Fan. If it is so terrible go talk weather on another message board. Tough stuff. No where else on the Internet to get that info.

You must have missed that I was one of about two people who stayed positive about Pitino through last year and that's starting to pay off this year. I've been a Gopher fan for life, although some days like today I wish it wasn't true.

You're ok with 8-4 and finishing 4th in the B1G west and 0-3 in rivalry games. Good for you.

You must have missed that I was one of about two people who stayed positive about Pitino through last year and that's starting to pay off this year. I've been a Gopher fan for life, although some days like today I wish it wasn't true.

You're ok with 8-4 and finishing 4th in the B1G west and 0-3 in rivalry games. Good for you.

I noticed your response had zero to do with mine you quoted and put a lot of assumptions on me without any supporting evidence. Par for the course with you.

I've learned how worthless your posts are and so it doesn't surprise me. I figure by now most of those on here have as well. Sorry I'm not funny anymore.

Even Colorado can turn it around. We will probably be the last Division 1 team to do this. We may never do this.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed your response had zero to do with mine you quoted and put a lot of assumptions on me without any supporting evidence. Par for the course with you.

I've learned how worthless your posts are and so it doesn't surprise me. I figure by now most of those on here have as well. Sorry I'm not funny anymore.

And this response has zero to do with what I said so we're even. Keep on Spoofin

Top Bottom