tickets?

This goes down as one of the worst threads yet. The first home game is still 12 days away. You probably need your tickets by the 10th in order to use them on the 11th.

Otherwise, you can bring your ID to the game and get a replacement ticket at the box office.

I will mail your mommy these instructions as well.

This goes down as one of the worst threads yet. The first home game is still 12 days away. You probably need your tickets by the 10th in order to use them on the 11th.

Otherwise, you can bring your ID to the game and get a replacement ticket at the box office.

I will mail your mommy these instructions as well.

Nice theory but I'm sure there are lots of people, like myself, that aren't using their tickets and need to get them transferred to the people who are.

Nice theory but I'm sure there are lots of people, like myself, that aren't using their tickets and need to get them transferred to the people who are.

Yea, this +1000 for me since I don't live in MN and need lead time so I can mail/confirm receipt of the tickets.

No tickets again today for me. Maybe I will be the last person to get them.

Near Kasson-Mantorville...this is Monday morning...and still no tickets in the mail today. WTF !

I'm north of Rochester, and still none in the mail today either. Do we wait until Wednesday to call, or what was the suggested date?

I'm north of Rochester, and still none in the mail today either. Do we wait until Wednesday to call, or what was the suggested date?

The email I have said if you don't have them by the end of the day 8/31 to call. So if they aren't in the mail tomorrow, it's time to call and get the crappy reprinted tickets.

Settle down people. Please not that there are probably between 15,000-18,000 season ticket holders if I recall correctly. They STARTED mailing out tickets on the 20th. There is no way they could possible mail all of them in 1 day. They get mailed out in batches, so if you were one of the last batches, you probably will get them today or tomorrow.

They STARTED mailing out tickets on the 20th.

How is it that they START mailing out tickets 13 days before the season opener?

There is no way they could possible mail all of them in 1 day.

False.

There is no positive way to spin it. This is absolutely unacceptable for an institution of any size, especially one of the largest on planet Earth.

No tickets in St Paul either...even in the donation seats. I have talked to another person in the lots next to the stadium and no tickets for them either. What a joke.

How is it that they START mailing out tickets 13 days before the season opener?

False.

There is no positive way to spin it. This is absolutely unacceptable for an institution of any size, especially one of the largest on planet Earth.

Really? I was not aware that you needed tickets to watch an away game. News to me.

And what exactly is unacceptable, the fact that people were told that tickets should arrive by 8/31, and that date is not upon us yet? Or that tickets will arrive over 10 days prior to the first actual game that you need a ticket for? And do you know what the capacity of the U printing services? No? So how do you know if they can print and send out all the tickets in one day? Im pretty sure you are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Assuming I get my tickets tomorrow, my only problem is with the dates given. The U claims all tickets were mailed out by Wednesday.

Assuming Wednesday is true, it will take at least 6 days for the tickets to go from the East Bank to Golden Valley. This distance could be traveled by foot in 3 hours. This is a one day trip for the USPS. I wouldn't even be thinking about where my tickets were if not for the U saying they should've been sent out 5 days ago.

Got ours via US Mail on Saturday. Post mark says they were mailed on 8-27-10.

Do you think the delay might be on purpose? To try to sell as many games as possible before season ticket holders can unload their extras?

Got mine today in Mankato! They even came to my new address!

Really? I was not aware that you needed tickets to watch an away game. News to me.

No, smart guy, but I never said that. As others have said, they need a little bit of advance time to ensure that tickets bought in groups get distributed, etc. And since it apparently takes 6 days to ship something 10 miles, they might need a little time to get something to someone in their ticket group who lives in, say, Nebraska or Iowa. Capisce?

And what exactly is unacceptable, the fact that people were told that tickets should arrive by 8/31, and that date is not upon us yet? Or that tickets will arrive over 10 days prior to the first actual game that you need a ticket for?

The fact that they waited this long to send the tickets is completely and totally unacceptable. They've had season ticket accounts finalized for weeks (if not months) - it's not as though they couldn't have sent purchased accounts out months ago, and sent any stragglers out this late. But it wouldn't be the U if everything wasn't done at the last minute. Believe me, I work here - I know.

And do you know what the capacity of the U printing services? No?

See above. I am a University employee. I am aware. And even if they couldn't handle something of this capacity (which they can, quite easily), were you aware that whole companies have been created to perform such a service? Printing out a few thousand sheets of tickets is child's play.

So how do you know if they can print and send out all the tickets in one day?

Do you think that's how business is done? They get to the office early one day, print everything out, stuff envelopes, print envelopes with addresses, go the post office and get postage, and send them out? What are you, 12?

It's not as though the seating chart has changed in the last 2 years. If you want to get technical, they could have printed out the tickets when schedules were finalized what - 2 or 3 years ago? And since the great majority of season ticket accounts were finalized in May, they could have had the great majority in people's hands by June, if not late May. But this is the University of Minnesota. And not only that, but the ticket office, probably the worst-run unit in a sea of terribly mismanaged departments. They were going to go ahead and procrastinate, but then they decided they'd get around to it later.

Im pretty sure you are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

Another day without tickets. Officially passed the U's deadline without tickets. On hold with the ticket office now.

The U's response: Wait another day and then we will have them reprinted.

Great. So it takes a minimum of 7 days for the tickets to travel 6 miles, and then I have to hope the crappy reprinted tickets get here. Since the first set hasn't made it here, why should the second set?

Got mine yesterday. Pics attached so those who aren't season ticket holders can see what they look like.

Apologies to Omega or anyone else still waiting. I'm not trying to rub it in I swear!

Attachments

• dscf0097_a.jpg
    dscf0097_a.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 23
  • dscf0099_a.jpg
    dscf0099_a.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 13
  • dscf0101_a.jpg
    dscf0101_a.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 12

Top Bottom