Thoughts on % chance that we can attend 2021 games at TCF, let's see predictions

Most recently Dr. Fauci predicted that the vaccine will be available for everyone by mid-april I believe. If that is true, the biggest factors are how many vaccines can be administered per day and how many people actually get vaccinated.
Yes, correct.

I had read somewhere that only around 50% of adults have said they actually want to get a vaccine. So that's 125M people in the country (250M total adults). And at the rate we're going and want to ramp up to, the idea was that by March they'd already be running out of that 125M people to give vaccines to.

So maybe Fauci's comments are taking into account the slow ramp-up of vaccine manufacturing. Not sure, but I think supply is lagging at the moment. I saw where a lot of these "mega sites", at least in California and New York, aren't operating anywhere near full capacity.

Yes, correct.

I had read somewhere that only around 50% of adults have said they actually want to get a vaccine. So that's 125M people in the country (250M total adults). And at the rate we're going and want to ramp up to, the idea was that by March they'd already be running out of that 125M people to give vaccines to.

So maybe Fauci's comments are taking into account the slow ramp-up of vaccine manufacturing. Not sure, but I think supply is lagging at the moment. I saw where a lot of these "mega sites", at least in California and New York, aren't operating anywhere near full capacity.
Yeah, we're reaching the point where the bottle neck in some areas is supply. Some still are dealing with logistical issues and space issues limiting the number they can vaccinate in a day.

Yep, and that would just add to the total as those with higher loyalty scores than the bottom ST holder who rolled over...the rollovers are the floor, which was my point.
And my point is that the number of rollovers is irrelevant to the question of how many people will be in the stands and how they determine who those people will be.

100%...Memorial Day at latest things are back at full capacity.

Well the statistics says they (WI) have less hospitalizations and deaths per population than MN so the answer is yes. Maybe they won't want to attend due to our virus mishandling.

Deaths per 100k thru 2/3/21:
View attachment 11602

lol. Wisconsin and Minnesota have mask mandates. Guess who doesn't?

Deaths per 100k as of February 11th.

South Dakota 205
North Dakota 191
Iowa 164

Wisconsin 115
Minnesota 113

Why did SD, ND, and Iowa handle the virus so poorly? Well at least there isn't a mask mandate. Winning.

It's Minnesota. There won't be any fans until everyone is vaccinated, LOL. And, even after that you'll still have to wear 3 masks or a hazmat suit to get in 100% occupancy. Democrat dictator state. I love living in Arizona. Sad to see the state of MN still probably not even being as good as it currently is here by then.

We love that you live in Arizona too. We wouldn't want you spreading your stupid around along with your covid.

There should have been fans in the seats this year. Next year barring an unpredictable turn of events, 100% chance.

Then again, Cal Berkeley just banned students from walking outdoors with or without a mask except for food runs. The loco is still out there. They could infect MN officials, perhaps. Quite contagious.

Less than 10%. Variants will render early vaccinations worthless. You people who refuse to stay at home and wear masks in the name of "freedom," a term you bastardized, created an endemic, evolving menace upon humanity.

[justQUOTE="TruthSeeker, post: 2156162, member: 8524"]
Less than 10%. Variants will render early vaccinations worthless. You people who refuse to stay at home and wear masks in the

We love that you live in Arizona too. We wouldn't want you spreading your stupid around along with your covid.

Been to bars the past 5 months, tested negative several times for Covid. It affects everyone different. No need to be a scared CNN cultist. It's a bad virus but not as bad as they all say.

Been to bars the past 5 months, tested negative several times for Covid. It affects everyone different. No need to be a scared CNN cultist. It's a bad virus but not as bad as they all say.

And it's worse than a nothing....which is what plenty of hoaxers/Fonks Newsers were claiming for quite a while.

Variants will render early vaccinations worthless.
Disagree.

It simply isn't going to be possible for this virus to vary itself to the degree where it can completely evade the vaccine and still be virulent. It's one or the other, and the vaccine makers are already working on "tune ups" for the released vaccines that will be fine tuned to the dominant variant.

It would have to be a radically different genetic sequence, to the point where it wouldn't be a coronavirus anymore. It doesn't evolve that fast.

And I think that even the "non-tuned" vaccines can still provide some benefit against the variants. Perhaps they won't stop you from becoming infected with a variant, but they should stop you from needing to be hospitalized.

So in other words, if you feel sick, then just stay home. Don't go to the game. Same common sense as usual.

There should have been fans in the seats this year. Next year barring an unpredictable turn of events, 100% chance.

Then again, Cal Berkeley just banned students from walking outdoors with or without a mask except for food runs. The loco is still out there. They could infect MN officials, perhaps. Quite contagious.

Not sure if this will open but some parts of California are placing students in plexiglass cages within the classroom.

The on-campus student body of 2,000 had 200+ cases in the seven days before Feb 12. That's 200+ of a total 936 cases since the first recorded case in Feb 2020.

What has the world come to with these student cages. Cmon people. This is REALLY BAD!

What has the world come to with these student cages. Cmon people. This is REALLY BAD!

They're kinda locked in schools anyway ... it's pretty much jail... they're kids, they don't get to just leave when they want.

Are we suddenly under the impression they have choices like adults?

Zero. The state government hates it's land grant university.

Disagree.

It simply isn't going to be possible for this virus to vary itself to the degree where it can completely evade the vaccine and still be virulent. It's one or the other, and the vaccine makers are already working on "tune ups" for the released vaccines that will be fine tuned to the dominant variant.

It would have to be a radically different genetic sequence, to the point where it wouldn't be a coronavirus anymore. It doesn't evolve that fast.

But if you don’t make enough people believe this and create enough fear, it is harder to get them to accept your dictatorial powers and control, which is the ultimate goal.

I will stick by my previous post that this should all be a moot point by fall as anyone that is willing and able to be vaccinated by fall will have their vaccine in time for the season. If people refuse to get the vaccine, then it is on them. I've generally been a supporter of Walz's policies (could probably tweak some things here or there) but if we still have a state ban on events like this after we have everyone vaccinated he'll lose me on the issue.

If everyone could just wear their masks it would have really simplified things. I don't understand why people have such a problem with it. I play tennis now with a mask on - not a big deal. I coach my son's soccer team and myself and the players play with masks on - not a big deal. We went to Disneyworld over Christmas break. Wore a mask on the entire plane ride and all day long at the park. Not a big deal. BTW Disney has done an amazing job handling Covid protocols.

Not sure if this will open but some parts of California are placing students in plexiglass cages within the classroom.

If it's shields in lieu of masks, I can understand that. But I don't see a reason for shields if everyone is masked up properly.

But if you don’t make enough people believe this and create enough fear, it is harder to get them to accept your dictatorial powers and control, which is the ultimate goal.
Really?

FWIW - as of Feb 13, 12.1 percent of MN residents had received at least 1 dose of vaccine. 4.3 percent had received both doses. Over 1.1-million doses have been shipped to the state. Total population est at 5.68-million. Point being that most MN residents who want the vaccine should have it by Summer. If you plan to attend Gopher FB games in person, better get vaccinated.

FWIW - as of Feb 13, 12.1 percent of MN residents had received at least 1 dose of vaccine. 4.3 percent had received both doses. Over 1.1-million doses have been shipped to the state. Total population est at 5.68-million. Point being that most MN residents who want the vaccine should have it by Summer. If you plan to attend Gopher FB games in person, better get vaccinated.
God please ... a summer to enjoy.

Games at TCF, crowd noise, the band.

I miss it so much.

This is a reasonable take.

If I could I'd just go sit in my seat right now.... just to be out of the house and at the stadium...

Top Bottom