These are your Kill Gophers, how much longer you gonna watch?

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
kill is a stubborn hill-billy and he "ain't gone change nuttin". How much longer will you be able to watch the offensive incompetency we've been subjected to watching during his 5 years at the helm. How many years til he gets chased Out of town for 6-7 wins per year and glaring offensive shortcomings.

I'll watch because I'm a gopher fan. Doesn't mean I won't bitch, but I'll watch.

I am a fan, win or lose. I don't want to be like other schools, such as Nebraska, that only love their team when they win.

I will always watch. Maybe that's my problem, but I'm a Gopher fan simple as that.

Presactly. Limegrover, THIS WEEK, needs to stop being submissive and tell him "THIS IS MY OFFENSE, I'M GOING TO CALL IT HOW I LIKE IT". And Kill is going to let him. If not, we just might lose to the Ohio Bobcats.

They will lose to Ohio by 20 if the offense plays like they did today. It is utterly unwatchable any longer

Cobb-Maxx made Limey look somewhat capable for 1 season, but that had nothing to do with limey

To clarify, I am NOT happy with the performance at all... Something needs to change obviously.

They will lose to Ohio by 20 if the offense plays like they did today. It is utterly unwatchable any longer

The good news is that it is unlikely the Ohio will put up 20 on us with the way our defense plays. The bad news is defense may have to pitch a shutout in almost every game for the remainder of the season for us to have a chance to win. Hard to picture this offense putting up a lot of points in conference play.

I'll tune in again once sometime other than Leidner is in at QB. After three years of Ponder for the Vikings I can't take any more of the same thing at the college level.

It's not time for pitchforks, but Kill's loyalty needs to bend or it might be his undoing. I'm starting to wonder if we have a Denny Green/Tony Dungy or Dan Monson/Mark Few situation with Kill and Claeys.

I'll still watch every single game. That massive scholarship fee that goes with my tickets the next two years...well, I'd love to hear the ticket office tell me again that people are just lined up and ready to pay that.

kill is a stubborn hill-billy and he "ain't gone change nuttin". How much longer will you be able to watch the offensive incompetency we've been subjected to watching during his 5 years at the helm. How many years til he gets chased Out of town for 6-7 wins per year and glaring offensive shortcomings.

Kill sure sounded like changes are coming in his post game interview. This was an awful performance by the offense. We're lucky we have such an outstanding defense.

A bit of an over-reaction, they won didn't they? They've won more than 6-7 games a year for the past 2 years haven't they? Relax.

Bad. Not the worst I've seen.

Kill sure sounded like changes are coming in his post game interview. This was an awful performance by the offense. We're lucky we have such an outstanding defense.

Didn't hear it, did he blame the coaches for the way the offense played? That is usually his go to when the offense plays like crap.

Mason built and amazing offense here but rarely got it done on defense (1999 might have been the one exception). I really hope we are not witnessing the flip side to that with Kill and his staff.

Didn't hear it, did he blame the coaches for the way the offense played? That is usually his go to when the offense plays like crap.

Mason built and amazing offense here but rarely got it done on defense (1999 might have been the one exception). I really hope we are not witnessing the flip side to that with Kill and his staff.

He said he is the head coach and so he should take the blame (which is right and good to hear). He said he didn't want to say anything more about the play without watching film (but he hinted he had a few players he'd like to call out right there and then). I imagine its tough as a coach because you can't say what you think and then go in and try and work with the kids more. You have to bite your tongue and keep working.

He also said he wasn't going to take any questions on QB. He knows he'll hear them all week, but he's ducking the questions as of today.

I'll keep watching. First time having season tickets and I love it. But if this kind of offense continues through B10 play, I see us getting blown out in a couple of games. And with that expectation, I don't know if I can get myself out of bed that early to make it down to the stadium.

He said he is the head coach and so he should take the blame (which is right and good to hear). He said he didn't want to say anything more about the play without watching film (but he hinted he had a few players he'd like to call out right there and then). I imagine its tough as a coach because you can't say what you think and then go in and try and work with the kids more. You have to bite your tongue and keep working.

He also said he wasn't going to take any questions on QB. He knows he'll hear them all week, but he's ducking the questions as of today.

It is not just the qb that is the cause of the offensive woes. A huge part of it is the unimaginative play calling. This must end.

It is not just the qb that is the cause of the offensive woes. A huge part of it is the unimaginative play calling. This must end.

Spot on. Play calling and OL play were WAY bigger problems today.

Hold it.

The running game here was very, very good. Most of the time. When it mattered, against Wisky at the Dome in ???, the running game was stuffed.

The passing game has been nearly non-existent for decades.

I'm frustrated, but I will always watch and cheer my Gophers. Be critical? Sure I will, but no team I want to cheer for other than the Gophs. And I love what Kill has done for the integrity of the program. That's all for now. Where's my beer?

In this era of unbridled offensive production, with the rules of the game slanted decidedly to the offense, I'm just tired of watching offensive game plans that look like they were drawn up by Amos Alonzo Stagg. The Gophers' offense is predictable, unimaginative and will ultimately be the drag preventing us from taking the next step up.

I expected a 4 to6 win season because of the big talent losses and the tough schedule. If there is a losing season, how does the U justify these huge season ticket increases? Add to that, they have no AD and are dithering over that decision.

No need to resurrect the Bitter End Club yet.

We're winning.

Continue watching? This is Gopher football. Expect the unexpected. I go to a game never knowing what goofy crazy thing is going to happen. The highs and lows keep it interesting. I love Gopher football and I always will.

Ski-U-Mah !!!!!!!

Top Bottom