The Truth about tubby take 2

GopherPlaya

Reaction score
Facts He is the worse big ten coach in the league considering talent he has had and his record.
All is players hate him current and former
He does not develop players for instant take a look at some freshman film of rodney and look at him now
He is a confidence killer which is why his players dont make alot of outside shots they are scared to take the shots
He blames everything on the players and is super arrogant
he is stuck in his ways which will not will these days
Last but not least it is time for him to go and the sooner he leaves the better of we will be and trust me I know I have been around the program closely...

Facts He is the worse big ten coach in the league considering talent he has had and his record.
He does not develop players for instant take a look at some freshman film of rodney and look at him now
He is a confidence killer which is why his players dont make alot of outside shots they are scared to take the shots
Last but not least it is time for him to go and the sooner he leaves the better of we will be and trust me I know I have been around the program closely...

I love you

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/1/5/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Not taking ups sides with Tubby here, but your OP sounds like an anonymous internet biatch.

Not taking ups sides with Tubby here, but your OP sounds like an anonymous internet biatch.

I wouldnt go that far just someone who is feed up with all of this. Its been to many years and people keep letting this man off the hook. When he has not done anything and I mean anything to deserve this pass he is getting at the U. He cannot live off just his name alone anymore he has to produce give us something and he has not delivered at all and were paying him 2 million for what. For him to finish under 500. in the bigten every year wake up.

In fairness, the grammar in the post makes it believable.

Well lets look pass the grammar here for a second buddy boy. Im not writing a senior paper here for goodness sake just take in what I said. If you can do that cause it makes sense I have some valid points there.

I remember GopherPlaya posting before, and answering a lot of questions I have. I do believe he's an insider, as he confirmed a lot of things I had heard from many sources too.

Thanks for your insights, GopherPlaya. I don't think it's what many of us want to hear - but if it's truthful, you can't argue with that. What do you think would be the appropriate right steps? What great coach is available and willing to come to MN...any insight? Aside from Flip, who is obviously available.

Gopher Playa speaks the truth, no idea why anyone would disagree with what he says, unless they haven't watched the last six years. This program is a mess, time to move on before more destruction is done.

I remember GopherPlaya posting before, and answering a lot of questions I have. I do believe he's an insider, as he confirmed a lot of things I had heard from many sources too.

Thanks for your insights, GopherPlaya. I don't think it's what many of us want to hear - but if it's truthful, you can't argue with that. What do you think would be the appropriate right steps? What great coach is available and willing to come to MN...any insight? Aside from Flip, who is obviously available.

Why thank you! But I think that they should get rid of tubby as soon as possible. I feel like flip has been showing his face around and talking about coaching, even tweeting about the game as a sign to show he is interested. I bet even he knows that tubby needs to go and why the players are playing like they are. Of course he cannot say anything or comment about it but he knows. If the gophers were to reach out to flip why would he not come? Then I feel like tyus and the rest of the big name recruits would follow simply because they want to stay home I am sure. What kid doesnt want to be the hometown hero. Also flip has NBA experience and knows what it takes and would be able to guide tyus and other players in the right direction the correct way for those who have NBA aspirations.

Well lets look pass the grammar here for a second buddy boy. Im not writing a senior paper here for goodness sake just take in what I said. If you can do that cause it makes sense I have some valid points there.

*well, let's look past the grammar here for a second, buddy boy. I'm no writing a senior paper here, for goodness sake. Just take in what I said, if you can do that. It makes sense. I have some valid points.

You make great valid points, but for some of us, it is really hard to look past the grammar and spelling errors. I hope your name isn't true, because it makes me sad about player education in both HS and college.

Gopher Playa speaks the truth, no idea why anyone would disagree with what he says, unless they haven't watched the last six years. This program is a mess, time to move on before more destruction is done.

Thank you, even the 3 blind mice can see it is time to let tubby go.

*well, let's look past the grammar here for a second, buddy boy. I'm no writing a senior paper here, for goodness sake. Just take in what I said, if you can do that. It makes sense. I have some valid points.

You make great valid points, but for some of us, it is really hard to look past the grammar and spelling errors. I hope your name isn't true, because it makes me sad about player education in both HS and college.

Stop cyber bullying me maaan whats that all about?

GL, I was not saying that I am a Tubby backer, as I, among others, have lost a lot of confidence in him. My only reference was to the anonymity of the OP which appeared to me to be a series of one sided complaints. If GopherPlaya has some "inside" insights, I would appreciate more in-depth input from him.

I'm just joking around. It obviously means little as to whether you're an insider or not. Your points are valid, but could have been made by anyone on this board. If you're an insider, thanks for sharing I guess. It'd mean more if you'd stand behind it though.

who the hell cares about grammar?! everything playa has said is spot on and I am not an insider but it's clear as the nights sky. no idea what playa's association is but I know quite a few former players who post here as well as many parents, student managers as well

GL, I was not saying that I am a Tubby backer, as I, among others, have lost a lot of confidence in him. My only reference was to the anonymity of the OP which appeared to me to be a series of one sided complaints. If GopherPlaya has some "inside" insights, I would appreciate more in-depth input from him.

That was not OP that was the truth just think about it all. I can tell you are a tubby supporter though which is fine. I am not here to try and make anybody a believer just open some eyes to whats going on that is all. Who ever wants to hear the truth but you all have a choice you can either choose the red pill or the blue pill the choice is yours lol. No but in all seriousness I just think its time for tubby to go, no I know its time for him to go.

Why thank you! But I think that they should get rid of tubby as soon as possible. I feel like flip has been showing his face around and talking about coaching, even tweeting about the game as a sign to show he is interested. I bet even he knows that tubby needs to go and why the players are playing like they are. Of course he cannot say anything or comment about it but he knows. If the gophers were to reach out to flip why would he not come? Then I feel like tyus and the rest of the big name recruits would follow simply because they want to stay home I am sure. What kid doesnt want to be the hometown hero. Also flip has NBA experience and knows what it takes and would be able to guide tyus and other players in the right direction the correct way for those who have NBA aspirations.

I like you're thinking but i believe she asked, "aside from Flip." I think that we all know Flip would jump on the chance to coach the Gophers. There are mixed feelings on this board about Flip. IMO he would be a great get, if he could get a solid assistant that knows how to recruit.

I've read on this board that people think he can't recruit (I personally don't think it would be an issue). They say he never won. fact is he had a winning record with the WOLVES, good run with the Pistons, and then unfortunately took the Wizards job. From a X's and O's stand point, our offense would no longer be an issue that's for sure but he would need a defensive guru on the staff. Although, we do need to remember that he did coach Professionals who don't like to play D day in and day out. As far as recruiting, Flip is a really likeable guy! Players coach who the recruits will love and doesn't tend to call out players or throw his team under the bus.

IMO I would reach out to Shaka Smart 1st and if he didn't want the job I would offer Flip right after that.

I'm just joking around. It obviously means little as to whether you're an insider or not. Your points are valid, but could have been made by anyone on this board. If you're an insider, thanks for sharing I guess. It'd mean more if you'd stand behind it though.
lol Yeah its all in good fun I do not take this board to serious. Alot of people do not know what there are talking about simply because they have no clue as to what is really going on. I can't really blame them you know just try to inform you all the best I can without stepping on any toes.

I want Tubby gone as bad as anyone, but is anyone scared that this guy is close to the program as claimed? Sorry man, but your posts make you seem like you might be hitting puberty soon, not a trait I'd want "close to the program". You type like Tubby speaks.

Edit: You have improved the grammar nicely the last few posts.

I like you're thinking but i believe she asked, "aside from Flip." I think that we all know Flip would jump on the chance to coach the Gophers. There are mixed feelings on this board about Flip. IMO he would be a great get, if he could get a solid assistant that knows how to recruit.

I've read on this board that people think he can't recruit (I personally don't think it would be an issue). They say he never won. fact is he had a winning record with the WOLVES, good run with the Pistons, and then unfortunately took the Wizards job. From a X's and O's stand point, our offense would no longer be an issue that for sure but he would need a defensive guru on the staff. Although, we do need to remember that he did coach Professionals who don't like to play D day in and day out. As far as recruiting, Flip is a really likeable guy! Players coach who the recruits will love and doesn't tend to call out players or throw his team under the bus.

Well aside from flip you can go get any young hungry coach out there. I mean if you are willing to pay tubby what 2 million I am sure an up and coming coach would jump at the opportunity for this job. What people may or may not understand the U of M is and can be a great job. Top players will come here just depends on the style of play etc.. but none will come if tubby is here he is to old school and players do not like that. They do not respond to that old school slow it up do this that bs tubby like to do. To answer the question the U should look for any young up and coming coach with passion intensity and someone who works well with there players.

I agree with most of what GP said. I do believe you may have some knowledge, as you can glean most of what you said from watching games and twitter.

That said, I don't think ALL of his players hate him. He seems to have had good relationships with guys like Jodie Meeks, TayShaun Prince, Gerald Fitch, Chuck Hayes, Damien Johnson, Trevor, etc.

Just saying, I don't think you can generalize and say all. Although I agree with your statement overall I also don't think guys like Royce and Devoe were choir boys nor were the guys at UK who were getting arrested. I don't think you can blame those short comings on their hatred for Tubby.

Agree that he does seem to be a confidence killer. And I get guys don't want to play for a coach that's "old school" but Coach K has been around for a long time, I've gotta believe he is "old school", I mean what does Tubby do differently than someone like Coach K, Frank Martin, and other guys who yell and could be old school? NBA coaches I'd imagine are tough. Bill Belichek is a known "old school" football coach. What is so bad that Tubby is doing compared to these guys? I notice the same trends you talk about and I just don't understand why exactly.

I want Tubby gone as bad as anyone, but is anyone scared that this guy is close to the program as claimed? Sorry man, but your posts make you seem like you might be hitting puberty soon, not a trait I'd want "close to the program". You type like Tubby speaks.

Yes well how would you like me to type sir? Can you understand what I am writing or no? I can type on the board like Im writing a paper if you want? Seriously My typing is probably a little off and I apologize I will get better with time. About the whole close to the program thing I am so close I could brush tubby's teeth before he goes to bed ha! like I said before you can put up with my typing or not its no big deal to me you dont have to listen. The choice is yours blue pill or red pill? :)

I agree with most of what GP said. I do believe you may have some knowledge, as you can glean most of what you said from watching games and twitter.

That said, I don't think ALL of his players hate him. He seems to have had good relationships with guys like Jodie Meeks, TayShaun Prince, Gerald Fitch, Chuck Hayes, Damien Johnson, Trevor, etc.

Just saying, I don't think you can generalize and say all. Although I agree with your statement overall I also don't think guys like Royce and Devoe were choir boys nor were the guys at UK who were getting arrested. I don't think you can blame those short comings on their hatred for Tubby.

Haha I can tell you this my good man I don't know about the Uk players but none of the gopher players like him. Its all political as a player you can not just come out and say I dont like tubby. He has you by the balls while you are in school and after school you want to be able to get jobs, connections etc... you think Spencer likes him hell no! but he does not speak up because it would probably have stop him from getting the job he has now. Thats all here nor there so its really whatever just part of the business.

Top Bottom