TE Commit Jerry Gibson visiting South Carolina this weekend

That's good news. Hope he sticks. And that makes me feel even better about his talent (and the staff's evaluation skills) that the other USC would want him.

That's good news. Hope he sticks. And that makes me feel even better about his talent (and the staff's evaluation skills) that the other USC would want him.
...and the SEC offer alone will probably bump in up to 3 stars.

I got the info like anyone else with a Rivals subscription would have, it was posted on the message board.

I call BS. Feel free to share a link or quote what you think you read (made up) on GI but it doesn't exist.

Good that South Carolina offered but he didn't like his visit. We will be able to say we beat out an SEC power for this kid. And he is one of our higher rated recruits on espn but I guess on scout and rivals he could get bumped up a star.

I'm all for an early signing period but I still feel a player should be able to be let out of his commitment if the coach leaves before the late signing period. I was listening to some guy on the radio once and he actually thought that an early signing period could help the powerhouse schools. Sorry no name. He said they would get a large number of good early kids. Then they could really focus on certain kids or particular needs.

I'm all for an early signing period but I still feel a player should be able to be let out of his commitment if the coach leaves before the late signing period. I was listening to some guy on the radio once and he actually thought that an early signing period could help the powerhouse schools. Sorry no name. He said they would get a large number of good early kids. Then they could really focus on certain kids or particular needs.

I actually agree that it would help the powerhouse schools. Think of the Jeff Jones situation, if the Michigans and Floridas of the world could lock up most of their class and then put the full court press on Jeff Jones, that could be problematic. I don't like the early signing period.

I call BS. Feel free to share a link or quote what you think you read (made up) on GI but it doesn't exist.

I don't have to prove anything to you and I don't think it's right for me to directly quote a for-pay site. Feel free to not believe me and be a tremendous tool but I'm sure somebody else with a GI subscription could back me up. I just figured it was something that GHers might like to know. Go ahead and ignore me if you don't want to see my (supposedly) made up information.

Gibson is now listed as a soft verbal on rivals

That's because Burns doesn't believe someone can be classified as solid if they are taking visits elsewhere. He did the same thing with Kemp and Lewis at their respective schools when they visited here.

Maybe my sarcasm meter isn't fully operational today, are you joking? Burns absolutely posted that Gibson wasn't enjoying his trip & wanted to get back home.

I don't have to prove anything to you and I don't think it's right for me to directly quote a for-pay site. Feel free to not believe me and be a tremendous tool but I'm sure somebody else with a GI subscription could back me up. I just figured it was something that GHers might like to know. Go ahead and ignore me if you don't want to see my (supposedly) made up information.

That's right. I think it's ok to paraphrase Burns & pass on some info from GI, but direct quotes/cut 'n' pastes probably cross the line. Between what you, me and a couple others share here, combined with Burns' own Tweets this board is pretty well clicked in to what's up at GI.

Maybe my sarcasm meter isn't fully operational today, are you joking? Burns absolutely posted that Gibson wasn't enjoying his trip & wanted to get back home.

Thanks, I think it really has to do with DBinPhilly just having some sort of vendetta against me for some reason. It's the second time now that he has attacked me on this board unprovoked. If he wants to act childish more power to him.

I dont see why he would suspect you of lying. He probably has one too but couldn't find where he posted it would be my guess

Thanks, I think it really has to do with DBinPhilly just having some sort of vendetta against me for some reason. It's the second time now that he has attacked me on this board unprovoked. If he wants to act childish more power to him.

I appreciate all you and Costa Rica share with us!

That's right. I think it's ok to paraphrase Burns & pass on some info from GI, but direct quotes/cut 'n' pastes probably cross the line. Between what you, me and a couple others share here, combined with Burns' own Tweets this board is pretty well clicked in to what's up at GI.

jocksniffing and circlejerking?

Yes, it is a vendetta...having spent two of my thousands of posts on attacking you. Suggest you look up vendetta in the dictionary. And calling your post BS because you didn't include a link (first one ever to do that) isn't quit the "unprovoked attack" your girlish hurt feelings are making it out.

Hence "link or quote."

This thread is about Jerry Gibson's recruitment. Any posts that go away from the topic will be deleted. Thanks.

This thread is about Jerry Gibson's recruitment. Any posts that go away from the topic will be deleted. Thanks.

Your other job is a B1G BB ref isn't it as you seem to suffer from selective foul calling. And feel free to ban me again as we all know your position on free speech. Oh, and I did confirm with Burns his report about Jerry not enjoying his trip to S.Carolina.

Yes, it is a vendetta...having spent two of my thousands of posts on attacking you. Suggest you look up vendetta in the dictionary. And calling your post BS because you didn't include a link (first one ever to do that) isn't quit the "unprovoked attack" your girlish hurt feelings are making it out.

I didn't include a link because it would lead to a page that most people on the board don't have access to. The important thing is that Gibson doesn't appear to be having a good time and is likely to remain committed. I'm not sure what made you think I was lying about that but that's your business. I will continue to share what information I glean from GI and you are well within your rights to believe them or not.

p.s. I assure you my feelings weren't hurt but I do think your use of misogyny as an attempt to insult me speaks far more to you than it does to me.

Your other job is a B1G BB ref isn't it as you seem to suffer from selective foul calling. And feel free to ban me again as we all know your position on free speech. Oh, and I did confirm with Burns his report about Jerry not enjoying his trip to S.Carolina.

Link?

I wonder why he isn't enjoying his visit. Conner Krizancic didn't like his visit to Cincinnati either. Not often you hear that.

I wonder why he isn't enjoying his visit. Conner Krizancic didn't like his visit to Cincinnati either. Not often you hear that.

My guess is an OV becomes less enjoyable if you are expecting an offer and find out you are a plan B (conditional or pwo). Just a guess.

More surprising to me is the overwhelming percentage of our recruits who have an awesome or great or best ever time. You are only meeting one on one with a few people and if those people annoy you, you are not going to have a good time. If you don't like the restaurant, if you have no input, it could easily be an uncomfortable time.

If one visit's itinerary contrasts drastically from another visit you really liked...you'll conclude the other was better. Lots of variables.

What excites me is the percentage of kids who like our visits a lot!

My guess is an OV becomes less enjoyable if you are expecting an offer and find out you are a plan B (conditional or pwo). Just a guess.

Someone said Rivals was updated that he received an offer.

I could see that with Gibson, but Krizancic had been committed to Cincinnati for quite awhile at the time of his visit.

Top Bottom