TE Commit Jerry Gibson visiting South Carolina this weekend

Someone said Rivals was updated that he received an offer.

You're probably right, but I think they said Frank got an offer to FSU as well and that differ ended up being non-commitable or conditional. As I said, I'm just guessing anyway.

You're probably right, but I think they said Frank got an offer to FSU as well and that differ ended up being non-commitable or conditional. As I said, I'm just guessing anyway.

It's very possible Jerry's offer is dependent on a different recruit not picking South Carolina.

It's very possible Jerry's offer is dependent on a different recruit not picking South Carolina.

Thanks. That's what I meant by conditional, only you worded it much more clearly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Not going as planned… kinda figured...</p>— Jerry Gibson (@TheNew_JG3) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheNew_JG3/statuses/430069411123195905">February 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gibson also recently re-tweeted a picture of Christian Campbell in a Gopher helmet on his visit. I think we're good.

Good news. Both have strong potential to be program builders. The Kill staff knows how to find them and build them.

That's in real estate. This is in scholarships. That's why they call them verbal commitments.

You're wrong. An offer isn't 100% real unless you recevie it in writing.

Scholarship offer: A four-year institution can offer financial aid to a prospective student-athlete. These offers can be either verbal or written, however, only prospects receiving written offers can sign a National Letter of Intent or commit to an institution. An institution can offer an unlimited amount of scholarships but can provide only 85 full scholarships during a given academic year.

You really don't see the difference?

You're wrong. An offer isn't 100% real unless you recevie it in writing.

Scholarship offer: A four-year institution can offer financial aid to a prospective student-athlete. These offers can be either verbal or written, however, only prospects receiving written offers can sign a National Letter of Intent or commit to an institution. An institution can offer an unlimited amount of scholarships but can provide only 85 full scholarships during a given academic year.

What you say is OBVIOUSLY true but you can't present a written offer until signing day. In real estate there is no
designated date or time to present your written offer. Here there is a signing day. So, by your definition somebody like Jeff Jones will only have one offer? The team he signs with? All the others are not offers, he only has one "real" offer?

You prove my point yourself: "These offers can be either verbal or"

Looks like he's solid to Minnesota! Convo with future roommate Gary Moore!
6u5uduma.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you say is OBVIOUSLY true but you can't present a written offer until signing day. In real estate there is no
designated date or time to present your written offer. Here there is a signing day. So, by your definition somebody like Jeff Jones will only have one offer? The team he signs with? All the others are not offers, he only has one "real" offer?

You prove my point yourself: "These offers can be either verbal or"

These kids can receive written offers any time after their Junior year. They can't sign their LOI until on or after signing day. Two different documents.

These kids can receive written offers any time after their Junior year. They can't sign their LOI until on or after signing day. Two different documents.

Agreed but again, much of the time this is done verbally, by both sides, until signing day.

Agreed but again, much of the time this is done verbally, by both sides, until signing day.

I can't speak in absolute certainties here (since i wasnt a D1 recruit) but I don't think this is right. Both Andrew Stelter and Conner Krizancic posted their offer letters on twitter in August.

I can't speak in absolute certainties here (since i wasnt a D1 recruit) but I don't think this is right. Both Andrew Stelter and Conner Krizancic posted their offer letters on twitter in August.

I'm not a D1 player either. I did have several kids recruited D1 coaching. The "offer" in a recruiting letter isn't binding. Nothing can legally happen until signing day. Verbal or written you get an "offer" is my only original point with scholarships. It absolutely is an "offer". In scholarships you are trusting the offer to be valid, verbal or written....they are equal. In real estate the "offer" is not binding until in writing but the circumstances are different. In real estate, within three days or whatever time period determined you have a deal or you don't. Without it being in writing it truly is nothing in real estate. In scholarships both sides are trusting each other for however long until signing day...the only time it is official. That is only time you can legally accept. Your August "written" offer can be pulled at any time....it's not binding...it's one way. Signing day it becomes legal for both sides. But it's defined as an "offer" in scholarships where it wouldn't be in real estate. That's all, I'm saying. Plus in scholarships your recruiting offer isn't going to be enforceable if they no longer want you months later for 900 different reasons because you can't legally accept it when offered, unless it's offered signing day. All just my experience and opinion.

Top Bottom