Syracuse Sucks...we win by 20 going away

I have risen from the dead like a phoenix to proclaim December 27th as "Down with Orange Day" in MN!

This is turning into a fun part of GPL...we either win by a score of 1,234,745 to 3 (last minute FG for Cuse when fans are asked to come play defense for the Gophers) or we get stomped by the score of 107,345,756 to 7. Cuse feels so bad they let a hobbled Engel on the field to limp his way to a TD to end his college career. There is no middle ground. Good to see Cuse let Engel score a TD in his final game as a Gopher nonetheless though.

Can't stop laughing, lol.

Syracuse board banned me for asking about a player injury.

"How long does it take to recover from vaginal rejuvenation surgery?"

Syracuse board banned me for asking about a player injury.

"How long does it take to recover from vaginal rejuvenation surgery?"

Lol...they banned me after one post in a new thread...of course it was a very loooong post and the thread is up to 250 responses...all hating on us. It was much fun while it lasted.

So Gopher in Philly, How do you " really " about Syracuse?

I got no hate for 'Cuse except they got selected to play us in a bowl game. Last game of the year so I am treating it like we is playing the Hogeyes for the National Championship.

That said, I now know how TT felt last year when we talked a little smack about their undersized D and they reminded us that we were playing up in class because two in our Conference weren't able to play in a bowl. And then they defeated us on the field to prove their point.

So, now Cuse is playing up in class because the Big 12 couldn't field enough bowl teams and they are talking smack about their defense and run stopping ability. Well, we shall see on the field, but I am confident that by the end of the game they will be calling Cobb "Mr. Brown" and asking for their mommys.

I got banned because I dared to post FACTS that made them look like they were nothing more than uneducated HOMERS.

Good thing I came to respect 2 different Syracuse fans BEFORE I had any exposure to all the condescending homers over there.

I got banned because I dared to post FACTS that made them look like they were nothing more than uneducated HOMERS.

Good thing I came to respect 2 different Syracuse fans BEFORE I had any exposure to all the condescending homers over there.

Nobody said they had dumber fans than Alabama. Just that they have a lot that act like a-holes and we're going to enjoy stomping on their parade.

On www.nfl.com, all of their "experts" weighed in and picked the winners of every bowl. None of them picked Syracuse. How dare they disrespect the Orange! Shame on all of you!

All 6 of the "experts" at cbssportsline picked Minnesota as well.

We should keep in mind these are all the same "experts" that picked us to go 0-8 in the Big Ten this year as well. So you'll have to excuse me for not putting much stock in a game they thought about for under 10 seconds before making a pick...

We should keep in mind these are all the same "experts" that picked us to go 0-8 in the Big Ten this year as well. So you'll have to excuse me for not putting much stock in a game they thought about for under 10 seconds before making a pick...

+1 Reminds me of the old data line - "Garbage in, garbage out." Unfortunately most of these "experts" are more "personalities" than true "experts". The value of their prediction is about 10 seconds as stated above.

+1 Reminds me of the old data line - "Garbage in, garbage out." Unfortunately most of these "experts" are more "personalities" than true "experts". The value of their prediction is about 10 seconds as stated above.

Some commentors on The World's Greatest Fan Board are too, Killjoy. :)

Some commentors on The World's Greatest Fan Board are too, Killjoy. :)

I was going to add that to my comment but I was afraid Gopherprof would take it personally. For some reason when I would mention Gopherhole experts he would tell me that this was a fan board and I should stop making these disparaging remarks. P.S. If anybody, including Gopherprof, is insulted by this remark please address all comments to Dr.Don. :rolleyes:

Got booted for responding to the one nine win season in 108 years comment. Those fools don't even realize that we didn't play nine game schedules until 1942. In the last 12 years.....we've had one nine win season to their zero. We're about to have a second one. They are pretty thin skinned over there when it comes to their crappy football team. They actually deleted my comments :rolleyes:

I was told over there, at Syracusefan dot com, that Syracuse was better than Minnesota at football and basketball, the only 2 sports that are relevant(according to them), and that they ALWAYS HAVE BEEN better than Minnesota at those 2 sports. I'm pretty sure they were only meaning bb, but either way it was pretty hilarious watching them demonstrate how big of homers they were. I mean, if Minnesota is so irrelevant, then how is it possible that,

Minnesota has won THREE STRAIGHT vs Syracuse in football, and

Minnesota has produced TWICE AS MANY college football Hall of Fame "players" as Syracuse has(18 to 9), and

Minnesota has produced TWICE AS MANY Walter Camp 1st Team All-Americans as Syracuse has(40 to 21), and

Minnesota has won THREE TIMES AS MANY Natl Titles as Syracuse has(10 to 3), and

Minnesota has won SIX TIMES AS MANY Recognized Natl Titles as Syracuse has(6 to 1), and

Minnesota has TWICE AS MANY AP Top 4 finishes as Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has TWICE AS MANY AP Top 8 finishes as Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NFL All-Decade players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NFL players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota ranks #16 in Billingsley's All-Time Top cfb Programs ranking, whereas Syracuse ranks #50.

Minnesota has produced MORE NBA players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NBA All-Star players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE Naismith Basketball Hall of Famers than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE Top 10 NBA Draft picks than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE 1st round NBA Draft picks than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has producted MORE players with 10,000+ points scored in the NBA than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced ALMOST TWICE AS MANY players with 3,000 points scored in the NBA than Syracuse has(17 to 10), and

Minnesota made MORE appearances in the AP poll than Syracuse did, all the way up until 1985. So SU bb might be better than Minny bb right now, but its only been so for the last 25-30 years. Not bad seeing as Syracuse is basically a one major/one minor sport school and mens bb is that one major sport.

So no offense, but if Minnesota is irrelevant in cfb and cbb, then what does that say about Syracuse?!

Dang, did you post all the info on their board? Seems like a pretty clear and closed case to me! If they don't shut up after that, I guess all we can do is win on Friday!

Dang, did you post all the info on their board? Seems like a pretty clear and closed case to me! If they don't shut up after that, I guess all we can do is win on Friday!

If he did, nax, the post would have been deleted and Par would have been banned on their board.

I was told over there, at Syracusefan dot com, that Syracuse was better than Minnesota at football and basketball, the only 2 sports that are relevant(according to them), and that they ALWAYS HAVE BEEN better than Minnesota at those 2 sports. I'm pretty sure they were only meaning bb, but either way it was pretty hilarious watching them demonstrate how big of homers they were. I mean, if Minnesota is so irrelevant, then how is it possible that,

Minnesota has won THREE STRAIGHT vs Syracuse in football, and

Minnesota has produced TWICE AS MANY college football Hall of Fame "players" as Syracuse has(18 to 9), and

Minnesota has produced TWICE AS MANY Walter Camp 1st Team All-Americans as Syracuse has(40 to 21), and

Minnesota has won THREE TIMES AS MANY Natl Titles as Syracuse has(10 to 3), and

Minnesota has won SIX TIMES AS MANY Recognized Natl Titles as Syracuse has(6 to 1), and

Minnesota has TWICE AS MANY AP Top 4 finishes as Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has TWICE AS MANY AP Top 8 finishes as Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NFL All-Decade players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NFL players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota ranks #16 in Billingsley's All-Time Top cfb Programs ranking, whereas Syracuse ranks #50.

Minnesota has produced MORE NBA players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NBA All-Star players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE Naismith Basketball Hall of Famers than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE Top 10 NBA Draft picks than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE 1st round NBA Draft picks than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has producted MORE players with 10,000+ points scored in the NBA than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced ALMOST TWICE AS MANY players with 3,000 points scored in the NBA than Syracuse has(17 to 10), and

Minnesota made MORE appearances in the AP poll than Syracuse did, all the way up until 1985. So SU bb might be better than Minny bb right now, but its only been so for the last 25-30 years. Not bad seeing as Syracuse is basically a one major/one minor sport school and mens bb is that one major sport.

So no offense, but if Minnesota is irrelevant in cfb and cbb, then what does that say about Syracuse?!

love it! Great work. suckacuse has risen to the upper echelon of my most disliked fanbases out-side of our conference. (It's a complicated hate-centered rankings system in my head but trust me, it makes sense to me!) The point is...F-'em, hope we win by 40.

suckacuse sucks!!!

Just sayin...

And Syracuse has produced ZERO Nobel Prize winners. Not a one. And they've only had 1 that they hired onto their staff.

Meanwhile Minnesota has EIGHT of its graduates that have gone on to win Nobels, and a total of 23 have been associated with UMn.

8-0 and 23-1.

In case you care about such meaningless things, since most of us know the only thing that matters in the world is college basketball and/or college football, right?!

I tried looking up where Syracuse was ranked on the Top Research University rankings, but they weren't even listed. Granted they only listed the Top 50, but Minnesota was listed, Top 10 among Public Universites.

And for other global and national rankings,

ARWU national rankings are UMn - 21 / SU - 110-137
ARWU global rankings are UMn - 29 / SU - 301-400

Forbes national rankings are UMn - 109 / SU - 154

QS global rankings are UMn - 102 / SU - 451-500

Times global rankings are UMn - 42 / SU - unranked

But to be fair, the Washington Monthly rankings has SU at 14 and UMn at 56. Not sure what that is about, lol, but I'd be interested to know what was up with that.

Also of note, Syracuse University apparently was going to get kicked out of the AAU, not sure if it was because SU's federal funding saw a monumental drop over the last 10 years something like a 40% drop, but before a vote could be taken, they simply dropped out voluntarily and seem to have taken the stance that they are better than the AAU and it seems a lot of SU people have taken to bashing the AAU.

Kind of reminds me of fans whose team goes after a recruit, and the minute they lose that recruit to another school, then they claim they never wanted the recruit in the first place.

And they call us arrogant and condescending?! Seems to me to be the typical east coast, NY attitude that they are better than everyone else, especially those ignorant hicks from the Midwest.

I've lived out on the east coast, and met lots of Northeasterners while I was in the Army, and for the most part, they are very arrogant and condescending and have very little respect for anyone or anything from the Midwest. NOT ALL OF THEM, mind you, but the vast majority.

And Syracuse has produced ZERO Nobel Prize winners. Not a one. And they've only had 1 that they hired onto their staff.

Meanwhile Minnesota has EIGHT of its graduates that have gone on to win Nobels, and a total of 23 have been associated with UMn.

8-0 and 23-1.

In case you care about such meaningless things, since most of us know the only thing that matters in the world is college basketball and/or college football, right?!

I tried looking up where Syracuse was ranked on the Top Research University rankings, but they weren't even listed. Granted they only listed the Top 50, but Minnesota was listed, Top 10 among Public Universites.

And for other global and national rankings,

ARWU national rankings are UMn - 21 / SU - 110-137
ARWU global rankings are UMn - 29 / SU - 301-400

Forbes national rankings are UMn - 109 / SU - 154

QS global rankings are UMn - 102 / SU - 451-500

Times global rankings are UMn - 42 / SU - unranked

But to be fair, the Washington Monthly rankings has SU at 14 and UMn at 56. Not sure what that is about, lol, but I'd be interested to know what was up with that.

Also of note, Syracuse University apparently was going to get kicked out of the AAU, not sure if it was because SU's federal funding saw a monumental drop over the last 10 years something like a 40% drop, but before a vote could be taken, they simply dropped out voluntarily and seem to have taken the stance that they are better than the AAU and it seems a lot of SU people have taken to bashing the AAU.

Kind of reminds me of fans whose team goes after a recruit, and the minute they lose that recruit to another school, then they claim they never wanted the recruit in the first place.

And they call us arrogant and condescending?! Seems to me to be the typical east coast, NY attitude that they are better than everyone else, especially those ignorant hicks from the Midwest.

I've lived out on the east coast, and met lots of Northeasterners while I was in the Army, and for the most part, they are very arrogant and condescending and have very little respect for anyone or anything from the Midwest. NOT ALL OF THEM, mind you, but the vast majority.

However, if you read their board, the Carrier Dome is ranked high in "Best Value" among Sports Venues. That is a bigger deal than Nobel Laureates and University rankings (sic). I really hope Kill gets the choice of going for 2 when we're up by 31 points.

However, if you read their board, the Carrier Dome is ranked high in "Best Value" among Sports Venues. That is a bigger deal than Nobel Laureates and University rankings (sic). I really hope Kill gets the choice of going for 2 when we're up by 31 points.

Not even the "best value". It's the best football venue according to their fans. The sight-lines are second to none and every seat is practically ON the field.

Top Bottom