Syracuse Sucks...we win by 20 going away

Carrier dome is a small version of the HHH dome with air conditioning with a heating and air company sponsor? Terrible college football environment.

However, if you read their board, the Carrier Dome is ranked high in "Best Value" among Sports Venues. That is a bigger deal than Nobel Laureates and University rankings (sic). I really hope Kill gets the choice of going for 2 when we're up by 31 points.

Not even the "best value". It's the best football venue according to their fans. The sight-lines are second to none and every seat is practically ON the field.

Carrier dome is a small version of the HHH dome with air conditioning with a heating and air company sponsor? Terrible college football environment.

This was by far the worst stadium I have visited. By far. It is a basketball arena with a football conversion. Unique, eh?

Smelled like an old shoe.

You could watch the game from the concourse, but you had to stand right behind the back row and crouch down. Any seats under the upper deck had no view of any ball 10' over the players' heads and no view of the scoreboards. Couldn't see over the crossbar on the goalpost.

It was 20 degrees warmer inside than it was out. In a bad way. It is sponsored by an air conditioning company and yet has no air conditioning. It did have nice "air louvers" that created a glare when the sun peeked through. Ambiance.

Think a smaller, smellier Metrodome without any amenities.

It is a nice walk through the campus and up the hill to this dump.

curiosity why are you always such an asshole?

Careful Bemidji, the words police on this board will send you a nasty email and then ban you. Its OK to be one on this board over and over, but you can't actually call one out or you get in trouble.

Typo, Meant without air conditioning.

I was told over there, at Syracusefan dot com, that Syracuse was better than Minnesota at football and basketball, the only 2 sports that are relevant(according to them), and that they ALWAYS HAVE BEEN better than Minnesota at those 2 sports. I'm pretty sure they were only meaning bb, but either way it was pretty hilarious watching them demonstrate how big of homers they were. I mean, if Minnesota is so irrelevant, then how is it possible that,

Minnesota has won THREE STRAIGHT vs Syracuse in football, and

Minnesota has produced TWICE AS MANY college football Hall of Fame "players" as Syracuse has(18 to 9), and

Minnesota has produced TWICE AS MANY Walter Camp 1st Team All-Americans as Syracuse has(40 to 21), and

Minnesota has won THREE TIMES AS MANY Natl Titles as Syracuse has(10 to 3), and

Minnesota has won SIX TIMES AS MANY Recognized Natl Titles as Syracuse has(6 to 1), and

Minnesota has TWICE AS MANY AP Top 4 finishes as Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has TWICE AS MANY AP Top 8 finishes as Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NFL All-Decade players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NFL players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota ranks #16 in Billingsley's All-Time Top cfb Programs ranking, whereas Syracuse ranks #50.

Minnesota has produced MORE NBA players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NBA All-Star players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE Naismith Basketball Hall of Famers than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE Top 10 NBA Draft picks than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE 1st round NBA Draft picks than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has producted MORE players with 10,000+ points scored in the NBA than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced ALMOST TWICE AS MANY players with 3,000 points scored in the NBA than Syracuse has(17 to 10), and

Minnesota made MORE appearances in the AP poll than Syracuse did, all the way up until 1985. So SU bb might be better than Minny bb right now, but its only been so for the last 25-30 years. Not bad seeing as Syracuse is basically a one major/one minor sport school and mens bb is that one major sport.

So no offense, but if Minnesota is irrelevant in cfb and cbb, then what does that say about Syracuse?!

I already added that they have also had 1 Nobel winner on their staff and zero grads who've won a Nobel compared to 23 for the Gophers, 8 of whom were graduates, and that they were going to get kicked out of the AAU, because their research rankings sucked and had dropped a lot in the last decade, so they instead dropped out and have resorted to talking trash about the AAU.

But another way the University of Minnesota is simply far superior to Syracuse, is we have sent close to 3 times as many Gophers to the Olympic Games as Syracuse has, and more importantly, we've won THREE TIMES as many Olympic Medals than Syracuse has. And they love to pull the, "oh, that was ancient history" bs argument, so whats good for the goose is good for the gander, right! Seems the majority of their medals were won before 1960, while the vast majority of Medals won by Gophers were from 1960 to the present.

Mods, please ban GopherinPhilly for starting this pathetic thread and flaunting his "freedom of speech".

Have fun apologizing to the 'Scuse fans. This thread is an example of why you NEVER get a big head before a game.

Have fun apologizing to the 'Scuse fans. This thread is an example of why you NEVER get a big head before a game.

After having seen this team tank so often. I never talk smack about another team. A gopher fan should know that no game is ever a given. We are not as good as many people on here apparently think we are.

On behalf of myself as a Gopher fan. I apologize to the Syracuse fans. You guys won, and deserved to win. Your coaches out coached ours. Your players out played ours. I wasn't one of the ones that said Minnesota would blow you out, but I'm embarrassed for those that did, so I'll apologize for them.

Not sure about apologizing to anyone either way. Syracuse isn't very good and we just choked away a game to them. In summation, I saw two decidedly mediocre teams play a poke-your-eye-out type of football game on a national stage. Nobody has anything to brag about either way after that mess.

Thanks for an exciting game = your guys have a lot of heart.
Let me also say that we know that most of the Gopher fans are great and are always welcome at syracusefan.com.
Wish you guys a great year next year.

Mods, please ban GopherinPhilly for starting this pathetic thread and flaunting his "freedom of speech".

Excuse me...who are you to tell the mods to do anything? Get a life. This thread was fun and those that participated enjoyed it.

I am laughing at the few losers who think this thread had anything to do with how our team performed on the field or that we should apologize for having some fun leading up the game.

I started this thread expressly so we could weed out the unhappy people on this board and have fun mocking them while we mocked Suckacuse. This board has plenty of fun police and I thumb my nose at all of you!

On behalf of myself as a Gopher fan. I apologize to the Syracuse fans. You guys won, and deserved to win. Your coaches out coached ours. Your players out played ours. I wasn't one of the ones that said Minnesota would blow you out, but I'm embarrassed for those that did, so I'll apologize for them.

You don't speak for me...ever. Go crawl back in your hole until we lose a game next year, then crawl back out and tell us how you told us we were no good and that you are a real Gopher fan, blah, blah, blah.

I am laughing at the few losers who think this thread had anything to do with how our team performed on the field or that we should apologize for having some fun leading up the game.

I started this thread expressly so we could weed out the unhappy people on this board and have fun mocking them while we mocked Suckacuse. This board has plenty of fun police and I thumb my nose at all of you!

Nobody thinks this thread had an effect on the game.

So suckacuse won the game...

suckacuse still sucks!!!

You don't speak for me...ever. Go crawl back in your hole until we lose a game next year, then crawl back out and tell us how you told us we were no good and that you are a real Gopher fan, blah, blah, blah.

lol, blah blah blah... I am speaking for you because I know you're too embarrassed to say you were wrong. I'm sure that's a hard thing for you to do. And I am a real Gopher fan, I just know when I was right and when I was wrong. Unlike you.

Let's be honest, and I know GopherinPhilly always is, our offense showed up and played for 1 quarter of a 4 quarter game and we only lost by 3. That only happens against Suckacuse teams...

You just don't get it, do you...

Now that the season is over you can get back to knitting.

I was told over there, at Syracusefan dot com, that Syracuse was better than Minnesota at football and basketball, the only 2 sports that are relevant(according to them), and that they ALWAYS HAVE BEEN better than Minnesota at those 2 sports. I'm pretty sure they were only meaning bb, but either way it was pretty hilarious watching them demonstrate how big of homers they were. I mean, if Minnesota is so irrelevant, then how is it possible that,

Minnesota has won THREE STRAIGHT vs Syracuse in football, and

Minnesota has produced TWICE AS MANY college football Hall of Fame "players" as Syracuse has(18 to 9), and

Minnesota has produced TWICE AS MANY Walter Camp 1st Team All-Americans as Syracuse has(40 to 21), and

Minnesota has won THREE TIMES AS MANY Natl Titles as Syracuse has(10 to 3), and

Minnesota has won SIX TIMES AS MANY Recognized Natl Titles as Syracuse has(6 to 1), and

Minnesota has TWICE AS MANY AP Top 4 finishes as Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has TWICE AS MANY AP Top 8 finishes as Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NFL All-Decade players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NFL players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota ranks #16 in Billingsley's All-Time Top cfb Programs ranking, whereas Syracuse ranks #50.

Minnesota has produced MORE NBA players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE NBA All-Star players than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE Naismith Basketball Hall of Famers than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE Top 10 NBA Draft picks than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced MORE 1st round NBA Draft picks than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has producted MORE players with 10,000+ points scored in the NBA than Syracuse has, and

Minnesota has produced ALMOST TWICE AS MANY players with 3,000 points scored in the NBA than Syracuse has(17 to 10), and

Minnesota made MORE appearances in the AP poll than Syracuse did, all the way up until 1985. So SU bb might be better than Minny bb right now, but its only been so for the last 25-30 years. Not bad seeing as Syracuse is basically a one major/one minor sport school and mens bb is that one major sport.

So no offense, but if Minnesota is irrelevant in cfb and cbb, then what does that say about Syracuse?!

The time that went into the research for this post was well spent. I'm sure the Syracuse fans are putting mental asterisks next to tonights victory knowing that Minnesota's past is far more glorious than their own. Keep up the good work.

You just don't get it, do you...

Now that the season is over you can get back to knitting.

I get it perfectly fine... you guys talk big, lose, then hide with your tail between your legs.

My point is, hey, if you talk big and end up losing, be a man and admit you were wrong.

And by the way, this has nothing to do with being a fan or not, "be a man."

And by the way, I'm a Gopher fan.

I guess the key to winning by 20 is scoring 20. Anyone feel free to correct my math.

You know, the team did have some offensive moments this year, but 12 straight quarters without a touchdown is just not OK. They need to become more consistent, and when I say 'they,' I include the coaches' performance. And they need some D1-caliber quarterback play.

I get it perfectly fine... you guys talk big, lose, then hide with your tail between your legs.

My point is, hey, if you talk big and end up losing, be a man and admit you were wrong.

And by the way, this has nothing to do with being a fan or not, "be a man."

And by the way, I'm a Gopher fan.

Well, unlike you, I'm not going to apologize for expecting my team to win.

Hey overconfident Gopher fan....

How do you feel now about the Orange? Gain you respect yet? We respected your MN basketball team even though we thought we had the better team and it turned out we did. Reading these overconfident board quotes has been amazing. ANd if you rationalize with some ridiculous excuses and don't respect that you lost to a decent team, you are just a homer. For those rational Gopher fans, I wish you a good and successful 2014..but never ever disrespect the CUSE.

Top Bottom