Swedish music videos and performances! (and personal favourites)

Sweden Democrat party leader Jimmie Åkesson joins his favourite band onstage playing the keyboard.

Last edited:

A famous punk band in the 80's and the bassist on the left moved to Eskilstuna and me and him worked and studied together and we always exhange a few words when we bump into each other now and then.

Joakim Thåström began his career as singer with legendary punk band Ebba Grön and the band hosted live gigs in their rented apartment which was free of charge for their fans. Imagine being their neighbours.
The older guy seen swaying along to the music also ended up in the Mauro Scocco video for "Sarah" by mistake which was shot years later.

Punk band KSMB had the funniest and most hateful lyrics of the swedish punk era dealing with very dark topics that later inspired my generation dubbed "the ironic generation".

Grew up in Florida but decided to move to Sweden and perform her own songs when before she wrote songs for other artists. She had a lot of success with this song at the swedish Eurovision qualifier.

Her semi-final performance took her to the final in the Eurovision final in Copenhagen in 2014 where she finished 3rd.

Every Santa Lucia morning on the 13th of December swedish state tv show a Lucia celebration from a church somewhere in Sweden and people still talk about this one from from Gothenburg in 2015 when the Gay Tenor Rickard Söderberg with his make up and nail varnish left a huge impression.

My dad rests in the same cemetery as swedish opera legend Jussi Björling. When I was up there back in July I of course had to visit his grave.

XH9u3vx.jpg

Björn Skifs under the name "Blue Swede" was the first artist from Sweden to get a number one chart hit in USA with this song. Earlier this year in February me and my girlfriend met his "unknown" son who works as a waiter in a restaurant in Lanzarote which is one of the spanish Canary Islands.

Him and me could not stop talk about politics and other things and he was more like an old friend than a waiter.

A month later his dad performed with Tomas Ledin as a half time act at the Eurovision qualifier in Eskilstuna and online there is only this fan video but we were seated nearby to the right.

For some reason they removed a live song from Youtube that was part of a band documentary and this is from their farewell gig in Gothenburg after the suicide of guitarist Anders Göthberg whose parents sit on the side of the stage getting hugs from band members at the end of the song.

43:44 into this documentary that sadly doesn't come with english subtitles anymore.

Hammerfall with the Swedish gold medal female curling team. Beer Swedish music ever.

From the 2003 tour with Jose Gonzales and I went to the Halloween gig in Eskilstuna. Jens is the only artist to put my name on the VIP list for a gig but it was only because of my girlfriend back then who kept in touch with him online.

Top Bottom