Swedish music videos and performances! (and personal favourites)

Can't talk about Swedish music without mentioning Sven Zetterberg. The Swedish B.B. King.

Rough Dried Woman: Dude gives just a blistering guitar solo.

We could all use a little more Sven. He passed away in 2016.

Can't talk about Swedish music without mentioning Sven Zetterberg. The Swedish B.B. King.

Rough Dried Woman: Dude gives just a blistering guitar solo.

Cool!

My dad was a huge jazz and blues fan who went to many festivals around the world. I am sure he mentioned Sven a number of times over the years. My dad passed away in November 2018 and the local jazz museum with their summer concerts became his second home.

But the indoor fall/winter gigs leading up to Christmas was my favourite when I went along with dad. Rolf on the clarinet owned the museum and concert venue and was a great friend of dads and inbetween songs he always cracked some jokes.

This was written by singer Ola Salo during the night following 9/11 in NYC. I once helped the bands scottish roadie to load all the instruments and equipment onto the tour truck after a gig cause I was taking my then girlfriend to the airport in the morning and had to waste my time somehow before picking her up nearby.

Ok, break from rules here as this is not swedish but from Iceland but so damn good. If Joy Division were around today as a band with girls only.

These guys were always at the bar when some band from England visited the indie club in Stockholm. From same town up north as Planetariet.

And a third band from Skellefteå. This song was used on the worlds longest running tv show "Coronation Street".

Stood next to this guy in Eskilstuna when Jens Lekman played and then he went up and played this Joy Division cover and other songs.

Singers girlfriend lived next door and and when I met my current girlfriend his best childhood friend lived above her and I ran into the other band members a lot and I went to see their gigs long before the gigantic hype turned them into Sweden's biggest and most loved band.

Harri's last mission before his drug issues forced him to leave the band was to fly to Vegas and bet the entire video production budget on black.

Top Bottom