Stadium Shootout - Louisville vs Minnesota game thread

longest minute of the minnesota sports year

we haven't been ranked in how long?

Games like this can give a team a huge boost.

The Gophers schedule was well put together for a young team to improve their game and win at the same time. That has happened to this point and with a win today the Gophers set themselves up for a good Big Ten season. If we can beat this team no matter the situation I have no doubt we can beat any team in the Big Ten. Maybe not every night but their is no team this team cant beat.

the biggest win for Minnesota maybe in history. 70-64 upser of number 9 Louisville

the biggest win for Minnesota maybe in history. 70-64 upser of number 9 Louisville

In History?? If you think this was the biggest Gopher win in history you must be about 12.

It was a big win. Louisville didn't look great, but we took advantage.

Not even close to the biggest win ever though...

Lets not get worried about rankings.

Lets continue to win and worry about that later. A ranking makes you a target for lesser teams lets be the team under the radar until the middle of January.

The three stars of the game for our 10-0 Gophers
#1 - Nolen ... Leadership, poise, great under pressure, confident and attacking style
#2 - Hoffbarger ... Clutch, stretched L'ville's D, dangerous from entire floor, suprisingly good D.
#3 - Johnson ... Outstanding D job on lottery pick Clark plus bonus points and rebounds
Honorable mention - Busch ... scrappy, energetic, key 10 point production.

Tubby has the guys playing great. Well done coach!

Al Nolen reminds me of Eric Harris in many ways. Both came into college as defensive minded point guards who needed to work on offense and both showed quick improvement. I think Nolen has much more upside than Harris did because he is a little better athlete IMO.

Interesting comparison. Harris was a really good defender--not b/c he got a lot of steals, but b/c he knew exactly where to position himself. Nolen isn't always in position, and is a bit more of a gambler, but he is quicker. That shows in steals, but also in rebounds--NOlen has a nose for the ball and gets there in a hurry.

Offensively, I think Nolen is quite a bit ahead of where Harris was as a soph. Nolen handles the ball better, and is a better shooter. But Harris' huge offensive growth came between his soph and jr year, when he showed up all of a sudden with a really good shot. So we'll see if Nolen can grow in the same way. I know others disagree, but I think Nolen is actually ,pretty good at getting to the basket--once again, his quickness pays off.

Wonder what the Kentucky boards will be saying

I haven't bothered to look, but pretty much everybody there hates Louisville, and only half of them don't like Tubby, so i'd guess they're half happy and half conflicted.

Top Bottom