Stadium Shootout - Louisville vs Minnesota game thread

That 2 on 1 hurts.

2 fold problem tough bounce pass to handle by Johnson who didnt run wide enough on the break.

Al Nolen looks great today remember it wasnt long ago when people didnt think he would be able to play.

horrible last possession by Minnesota lead to a slam dunk. halftime.

I hope Tubby kicks their butts at halftime for that last minute of play.

Don't know why he didn't have Hoff in there for that shot...Bostick takes an hour to get his shot off.

I'm not impressed with Bostick so far. I was expecting a thick, athletic wing. Not a slow spot-up shooter. Busch deserves his minutes.

Gotta give credit to the Cards.

I am not so sure what was so bad about the possession other than the result. Had a nice drive and kick to an open shooter. Bostick took to long to get off the shot and the defender made a terrific block. First time getting to see the Gophers other than the end of the Virginia game and I am pretty impressed by what I am seeing. Some things the team had to get better at as all teams do but with such a young team I have been impressed by the hustle, defensive play, and the all around play. The Gophers dont make a ton of silly mistakes that most young teams do. Al Nolen looks outstanding but I am wondering what you guys think about the supposed need for another point guard recruit. Tubby made it a priority to get another PG in this years recruiting class so we got Cobbs and I am not saying anything about him at all but was their a need? I cant imagine him getting any playing time with Nolen and Jospeh on the roster for the next couple of seasons. Just wondering what some of you guys think?

Yeah.....i consider being able to give your team a butt-whooping halftimespeech a big advantage....that dunk might have evened the playing field, as tubbies got something to rip into his boys about.

It's easy to see why Nolen flew under radar at Henry. His offensive game has a ways to go and he was there when the program started sliding. Man, If he had an outside shot and could finish....

That shot of Ali needing to be fed and whipped was tasteless. The camera angles are Big Ten Network quality. Nice to have decent announcers for a change though.

now we starting to turn the ball over. wtf is going on now.

good job getting the foul on the 3 point shot. 3 FG coming now.

Similar to Harris.

Al Nolen reminds me of Eric Harris in many ways. Both came into college as defensive minded point guards who needed to work on offense and both showed quick improvement. I think Nolen has much more upside than Harris did because he is a little better athlete IMO.

Great break with Nolen and Busch.

Busch in double figures he has been huge.

Foul... Foul... Foul... Foul... Foul...
Louisville is going to be in the bonus by the 15 minute mark.

Michigan State leds #5 Texas.

Could be a couple huge wins for the Big Ten today. Thats a big IF though.

Hoffarber is clutch.

Checks in a hits a 3 after about 15 seconds. That is not easy to do right off the bench. RSIII getting screwed on his blocks today.

Great Defense there for Minnesota. 48-37 Minnesota lead.

Team effort.

Great team effort by the Gophers so far on both ends of the floor. The longer this game goes the better the Gophers should be.

Top Bottom