Spring Practice

I had cataract laser surgery on both eyes in 2014, and that was an odd experience. can't imagine having the eyes physically removed. that would freak me out.

(if anyone is wondering, after the surgery, my distance vision in both eyes is close to 20-20. I still have to wear reading glasses for close-up, because I was too cheap to go for the really expensive version of the surgery.)
You were very wise and frugal to not ask for the bifocal replacement lenses.
The ophthalmologist that I had refused to use them because of so much patient dissatisfaction.
I gladly traded 20/20 distance for needing reading glasses.

Headline: "Football Coach expresses optimism about team as Spring practice opens."

Just once, I want to see a FB coach come out before the season and say something like: "We don't look good. this could be a really long season and I think I'd better update my resume."
That would be great for recruiting. /S

Mike Grimm on the radio mention Austin Booker as someone the staff is high on off of the scout team. Hadn't heard him mentioned specifically before to have an impact this fall in the DE rotation.

Mike Grimm on the radio mention Austin Booker as someone the staff is high on off of the scout team. Hadn't heard him mentioned specifically before to have an impact this fall in the DE rotation.

I heard PJ mention him a couple of times last season as a guy who had a bright future when he put on some weight......

Can we please talk about Fleck please. What is all this spring practice nonsense 😂

Lock and reload! This is a sign of the football program's stability. An outright Big Ten Title is only a matter of time. We used to be worried a lot at the end of the season when key players graduate. Now, we have the makings of an NFL factory.

Does Fleck allow the press to attend the practices? If so, why no coverage? Guessing he must not.

Booker has transformed his body. He’s gained 15-18 pounds since stepping on campus last June. Hopefully the added strength translates to the field. We’ll see what happens the next few weeks and months.

Booker has transformed his body. He’s gained 15-18 pounds since stepping on campus last June. Hopefully the added strength translates to the field. We’ll see what happens the next few weeks and months.
Can he rebound?

I'm sure that I could find this bit of info with a little work...Anyway, is Maverick Baranowski here for spring ball? I liked his closing speed on his brief highlight clip. My untrained eye says that he has some potential. Go Gophers!

I'm sure that I could find this bit of info with a little work...Anyway, is Maverick Baranowski here for spring ball? I liked his closing speed on his brief highlight clip. My untrained eye says that he has some potential. Go Gophers!
This claims him as enrolled here already: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

If someone has access to the U directory, they can look his name up to verify for sure that he's currently enrolled.

just a thought from watching the little film clip. With Mo and Potts both limited, I wonder if Spring Practice will wind up more pass-heavy by necessity, because the number of healthy RB's is limited.

wouldn't be a bad thing to put in more time on the passing game this Spring, IMHO.

just a thought from watching the little film clip. With Mo and Potts both limited, I wonder if Spring Practice will wind up more pass-heavy by necessity, because the number of healthy RB's is limited.

wouldn't be a bad thing to put in more time on the passing game this Spring, IMHO.
Seems logical.

But we’re also running with a new OL… probably want them to see plenty of run plays / work too…no matter who is healthy.

Top Bottom