Spring Practice

Morning practice at 0700, afternoons at 4 or 5.

Never gets old. Thought I would start a thread that might get the juices going.

I know there are two practices open to the public on April 5 & April 16.

The Spring Game is April 30.

beyond that, I can't seem to find info on when Spring Practice officially begins.

Obviously, it begins on or before April 5th.........

By my math with the date of the spring game, the first day they could start by rule is next Monday March 28th. But, I don't know if they have a review practice following the spring game and if it counts on the calendar? So it could be later than the 28th but they have not started or they would be breaking the rules the way I read them.
Basically the month of April with Easter on April 17th and the Masters April 7th thru the 10th to work around. :)
Rules

In the past...do the Nekton winners usually make big plays on the field? It seems the winners of the award aren't typically the household names. Cody was hurt but he did splash a bit when he got to play.

In the past...do the Nekton winners usually make big plays on the field? It seems the winners of the award aren't typically the household names. Cody was hurt but he did splash a bit when he got to play.
My impression is they're guys who show extraordinary effort in practice / progress.

My impression is they're guys who show extraordinary effort in practice / progress.
Agreed....just wonder if it forecasts to performance on game day? Or like you say, it's more recognition of guys who just work their butts off in practice but don't necessarily have the talent of some guys in front of them on the depth chart to play much or effectively on Saturdays?
It seems, the winners are often...who? Or ya, the walk-on guy or somehow mostly obscure.

Looked through the past posts of "NotW" and there seems to be (typically) 1 "Newcomer" in most of the posts, but starting with the first week of off-season training, these players were all listed as NotW and I would expect all of them to have an impact this season:

Cody Lindenberg
Thomas Rush
Daniel Jackson
Bucky Irving
Brevyn Spann-Ford
Josh Aune
Jalen Glaze
Aireontae Ersery
Ryan Stapp
Tyler Nubin
Nathan Boe
Tanner Morgan
Mariano Sori-Marin

Are any of the current players sporting tattoos on their bodies? I am okay with that if they sport Goldie Gopher or anything Gophers like Rashod Bateman did.

At least it is not McStupid:

Are any of the current players NOT sporting tattoos on their bodies? I am okay with that if they sport Goldie Gopher or anything Gophers like Rashod Bateman did.

FIFY...;)

Are any of the current players sporting tattoos on their bodies? I am okay with that if they sport Goldie Gopher or anything Gophers like Rashod Bateman did.

Plenty of the players are sporting tattoos. It’s almost commonplace these days. My nephew started getting his the day he turned 18.

Plenty of the players are sporting tattoos. It’s almost commonplace these days. My nephew started getting his the day he turned 18
Quite a few seem to have at least partial “sleeves” even by freshman year. That can be thousands of $ worth of work, right? Their parents must be paying for these tats?

Wonder if the U is allowed to pay for that or if Athan’s family had to. No idea if that would be a permissible benefit.

Quite a few seem to have at least partial “sleeves” even by freshman year. That can be thousands of $ worth of work, right? Their parents must be paying for these tats?
Hahaha. Yes. Let’s go with that.

We think there will be any open practices this spring?

Very interested to hear what people have to say about Athan during the open practices. I'm also assuming he'll be QB for one of the spring game teams and can't wait to see what he's got.
Me too. Excited to see what he's got. We need some Greek influence around here.............

Top Bottom