Spring Practice

Very interested to hear what people have to say about Athan during the open practices. I'm also assuming he'll be QB for one of the spring game teams and can't wait to see what he's got.
He was the scout team qb last year, and was said to have looked great. Strong zip, and great accuracy. I think we have something very good here.

He was the scout team qb last year, and was said to have looked great. Strong zip, and great accuracy. I think we have something very good here.
The odds of Tanner playing six years of Big Ten football without serious injury are off the chart. We are going to see Athan.

The odds of Tanner playing six years of Big Ten football without serious injury are off the chart. We are going to see Athan.
He can be injured and still play for PJ if he can hobble well enough to get to the huddle. :)

Athan does seem to have a strong arm, accuracy and the ability to throw without his feet set.

7046ECFC-CE77-4D88-98FF-86197AFCF7FC.jpeg
Too bad I don’t live in the state or else I could’ve gone to a bunch! When I clicked on RSVP button, I could bring a guest and select as many of these days as I like. Anyone else received this invitation?

View attachment 17745
Too bad I don’t live in the state or else I could’ve gone to a bunch! When I clicked on RSVP button, I could bring a guest and select as many of these days as I like. Anyone else received this invitation?
Awesome they make it accessible to people in the area at least. Looks like they actually want people to show up. Good for the program.

Quite impressive in throwing. Did a nice job of getting his heels flipped (they control the hips) in order to get his hips and shoulders parallel to the LOS.

This doesnt mean much big ten qbs are supposed to look good throwing routes on air

View attachment 17745
i didn't get this memo! where can I RSVP? I didn't get any email

Headline: "Football Coach expresses optimism about team as Spring practice opens."

Just once, I want to see a FB coach come out before the season and say something like: "We don't look good. this could be a really long season and I think I'd better update my resume."

Headline: "Football Coach expresses optimism about team as Spring practice opens."

Just once, I want to see a FB coach come out before the season and say something like: "We don't look good. this could be a really long season and I think I'd better update my resume."
I agree this happens often, but it is not what was said by Fleck in the past. If you listen to what he explains and says, beyond the coach speak, he is very open. He mentions names, gives data, and says there is room for improvement. We didn't even have enough OL to compete his first spring.

Hope the team lives up to Coach's expectations.

This clip featuring the Ol' Ball Coach is from early in fall practice, not spring. It is done in jest, but is otherwise just what you are looking for. Starts about 50 seconds in and goes for about a minute:

Just saw a note from Andy Greder (Pioneer Press)

Mo Ibrahim will take part in non-padded practices this week. Then he will have pre-dawn workouts separate from the team as he observes Ramadan through the Spring Game April 30. Fleck said Ibrahim will not see "true contact" until Fall Camp.

So, you like you it when Lou Hotz does things like this repeatedly?

Question: I had intended to show up on the 11th for the Gopher practice. The email out that someone received (posted above) indicates that you must register. Where is that? Do you need to do that for the 11th as that was an open date for anyone?

View attachment 17745
bummer I didn't get that email .... was it part of a larger email?

Question: I had intended to show up on the 11th for the Gopher practice. The email out that someone received (posted above) indicates that you must register. Where is that? Do you need to do that for the 11th as that was an open date for anyone?
The email was for Golden Gopher Elite Club supporters, not for the public.

Jeebus, he looks like a different person.
Man…what did he do to himself? Looks like he had Botox done to his “11” (between the eye brows - glabella) and forehead area. You can tell because his eye brows don’t move up and down anymore. That will make his eyelid heavier and we don’t see forehead wrinkles anymore. Then he’s wearing blue contacts on top of that. This has to be Heather’s doing. Coach just looks so damn weird!

Last edited:

Man…what did he do to himself? Looks like he had Botox done to his “11” (between the eye brows - glabella) and forehead area. You can tell because his eye brows don’t move up and down anymore. That will make his eyelid heavier and we don’t see forehead wrinkles anymore. Then he’s wearing blue contacts on top of that. This has to be Heather’s doing. Coach just looks so damn weird!
He doesn't look as bright and cheerful as he used to. Took away from his good looks.

I had cataract laser surgery on both eyes in 2014, and that was an odd experience. can't imagine having the eyes physically removed. that would freak me out.

(if anyone is wondering, after the surgery, my distance vision in both eyes is close to 20-20. I still have to wear reading glasses for close-up, because I was too cheap to go for the really expensive version of the surgery.)

Top Bottom