Souhan tweets that Kill is a liar

If there was any doubt that the Strib will continue to fully support Souhan and his crap.
The editor has a live chat now and basically gave Souhan a pass saying he needs to write "strong opinions"
What a load of trash.

Informed opinions are so much better than these so-called "strong opinions". Does he think that people really read the paper for Souhan's crap?

My Strib subscription ran out last week. My parents got the paper for as long as I can remember and I got my own subscription when I moved out. Yesterday was the first Sunday in more than 35 years that the Strib wasn't at my door. When I declined to renew, I put the blame squarely on old Soupcan. He can take his strong opinions and cram them up his fit behind. Enjoy your dying medium, newspaper dinosaurs.

I don't use the strib to tell me how Coach Kill is doing with my Golden Gopher Football Program. Hell, I don't even need the self-proclaimed "true-believers..." who attempt to chastise everyone and control the discussion about Coach Kill to tell me how Coach Kill is doing running my Golden Gopher Football Program. I don't need the medical profession...I don't need the media-types...I don't need ANYBODY to tell me how well...or how poorly Coach Kill is doing with my Golden Gopher Football Team.

The ONLY thing I need is a good look at the CONFERENCE Divisional STANDINGS: the conference wins vs the conference losses to know EXACTLY how coach Kill is doing with my Gophers. During the 2013 Season, Coach Kill and his staff were competitive within the Big Ten with a 4 win and 4 loss mark. ANYONE with a brain KNOWS that it is very good to be able to compete with PEER Conference Members. So, headed into the 2014 Conference Season, Coach Kill and his staff are doing all right by me. Good luck in the 2014 Conference Season Coach Kill. Hope you and your staff and the lads can win another invitation to a bowl game in 2014! Go Gophers!

The ONLY thing I need is a good look at the CONFERENCE Divisional STANDINGS: the conference wins vs the conference losses to know EXACTLY how coach Kill is doing with my Gophers. During the 2013 Season, Coach Kill and his staff were competitive within the Big Ten with a 4 win and 4 loss mark. ANYONE with a brain KNOWS that it is very good to be able to compete with PEER Conference Members. So, headed into the 2014 Conference Season, Coach Kill and his staff are doing all right by me. Good luck in the 2014 Conference Season Coach Kill. Hope you and your staff and the lads can win another invitation to a bowl game in 2014! Go Gophers!

Minnesota would not have gone to a bowl without NON-CONFERENCE wins in 2013. Maybe those games are kinda important as well.

I don't use the strib to tell me how Coach Kill is doing with my Golden Gopher Football Program. Hell, I don't even need the self-proclaimed "true-believers..." who attempt to chastise everyone and control the discussion about Coach Kill to tell me how Coach Kill is doing running my Golden Gopher Football Program. I don't need the medical profession...I don't need the media-types...I don't need ANYBODY to tell me how well...or how poorly Coach Kill is doing with my Golden Gopher Football Team.

This has nothing to do with your agenda, please sphew your crap elsewhere

No way Don. Being a fan is a damn personal thing...

wren: OUR Gophers are not YOUR Gophers.

what you think about your Gophers...makes this program "your" team. What I think about this program makes this Team "my" team. Sorry, I see too many people saying too many things about the way "they" think about this team that I totally disagree with. So, I say: think what you want...do what you do...but, don't expect me to think just like you.

Now, damn it, Don: don't try to tell me that my Gophers are not my Gophers. Oh, sure, you can say that if you want, but that doesn't change the fact that my Gopher Football Program is MY Gopher Football Program. You'll have to think and say what ever it is you think and say about your Gophers...but...my Gophers are MY Gophers. During the course of my lifetime they always have been MY Gophers and they always will be MY Gophers.

Oh maxed out one: the non-league games don't provide consistent competitive levels the way conference games do. You know that. Middle Tennessee State does not provide the same levels of competition year in and year out as Nebraska will. The program will always play a lot of pretty much "sure wins" during the ooc schedule. We have for a long time...and the team will continue to do so in the future. And yes, you need 6 wins to get a bowl invitation. So, since the Conference Schedule is a LOT more difficult, it will always be important to get 4 wins if they play 4 winnable games during ooc time, or, when they add one more conference game and subtract one ooc game, it will be essential to beat three beatable ooc teams. But, it IS the Conference games that will determine IF the team gets a bowl invitation. It will be even more evident when an additional conference game is added and one less ooc game is played.

IF the program can NOT compete with teams in the conference: the program does not deserve to go to a bowl game. In the future, it will take at least 3 conference wins to get a bowl invitation once we play only 3 ooc games.

what you think about your Gophers...makes this program "your" team. What I think about this program makes this Team "my" team. Sorry, I see too many people saying too many things about the way "they" think about this team that I totally disagree with. So, I say: think what you want...do what you do...but, don't expect me to think just like you.

Now, damn it, Don: don't try to tell me that my Gophers are not my Gophers. Oh, sure, you can say that if you want, but that doesn't change the fact that my Gopher Football Program is MY Gopher Football Program. You'll have to think and say what ever it is you think and say about your Gophers...but...my Gophers are MY Gophers. During the course of my lifetime they always have been MY Gophers and they always will be MY Gophers.

:blah: :blah: :blah: You are good, wren.

In the future, it will take at least 3 conference wins to get a bowl invitation once we play only 3 ooc games.

Not too worried about it. Brewster had back to back years with three Big Ten wins. How tough can it be?

I was going to go with "There's no my in team."

Well, station 19: Tell me where...show me where...explain to me where the hell the "our" is in team IF there is no "MY"..."YOUR" or "HIS/HER in team. Believe me, I don't mind sharing a stadium with some of you people...BUT...I attend games, buy season tickets and follow MY Gophers. I will judge Coach Kill by the number of Conference games he wins and looses. In my book all is well as long as my Golden Gophers compete with the other teams in the conference they have membership in...as long as they compete in the border battle games and trophy games and as long as they win invitations to bowl games and sometimes win those bowl games. If I see an athletic director or a prexy doing stupid things, I will complain about those individuals. (Extending a coach and then buying that same coach out within a year never has made any sense and NEVER will make any sense: macturi and prexy b will always have their tenures tainted because of their failure to properly retain, extend and buy out and fire coaches with NO logical plan in place.)

So, I take ownership in MY Golden Gopher Football Program and because I take ownership I express MY feelings and opinions about my Gophers. I don't join "little clubs" or even want there to be only ONE voice or "company line" that is acceptable to be expressed on this message board or any message board. I speak up when opinions are stated and when opinions need to be contrasted. I really don't care what each of the rest of you wish to do. That is entirely up to each of you.

but, I sure as heck won't join your club...and, I'm sure you wouldn't wish to have me be a member of your little clubs.

I do value MY Gopher's Football Program though. I value it enough to praise it or criticize it, completely independent of what anyone else may say, think do. Life is very good and my Gophers are my team!

Top Bottom