Souhan tweets that Kill is a liar

It's as if dip$hit is trying to create side-noise to distract the team from the game. Nothing would make him happier than for Kill and the Gophers to come back down to where he likes them, and he'll do what he can to make that happen.

It's just a disgusting cry for attention. He was on the radio earlier this week trying to take credit for motivating the team. Now, with national press swarming, he wants some attention for himself. Seriously, can you imagine another market where the program is playing its biggest game in a decade and a member of the press goes out of their way to try and bring the program down.

What really gets me is that supposedly Kill and Soupcan met after his initial hateful and ignorant column. When Jughead and Doobie asked him about the meeting, he simply said that Kill asked that they keep the conversation private. Turns out he was too embarrassed to admit that Kill ripped him a new one. Oh well, there's still a game on Saturday. I've got my ticket, I just hope I'm not subjected to having to watch a middle-aged man writhe on the ground. Oh, the humanity!

Now I'm really disappointed that College Gameday isn't coming. The world will be deprived of this sign held up behind Herbstreit.

Darn, I was hoping it was the picture from TCF during the NW game that had a bunch of people holding up the letters to form F-I-R-E S-O-U-H-A-N.

...or the photo of the three generations of ladies in Gold shirts that had FIRE SOUHAN....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In his tweet today, <a href="https://twitter.com/SouhanStrib">@SouhanStrib</a> once again secures Turkey of the Year assuming <a href="https://twitter.com/1500ESPN_Reusse">@1500ESPN_Reusse</a> has any guts/balance. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a></p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/403302099259498496">November 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

It's as if dip$hit is trying to create side-noise to distract the team from the game. Nothing would make him happier than for Kill and the Gophers to come back down to where he likes them, and he'll do what he can to make that happen.

Your giving him way too much credit. He is trying to get attention not sabotage the team. And frankly if something like this would be enough to knock the players off their game they wouldn't have had a shot to win in the first place.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In his tweet today, <a href="https://twitter.com/SouhanStrib">@SouhanStrib</a> once again secures Turkey of the Year assuming <a href="https://twitter.com/1500ESPN_Reusse">@1500ESPN_Reusse</a> has any guts/balance. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a></p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/403302099259498496">November 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Since, I can't make it to the game we need signs saying "Souhan for Turkey of the Year". lol

I'll take the flip side here. Please don't think I'm trying to defend Souhan here because I wouldn't have used the term "lying" for what Kill did but am I the only one who thinks Kill was a little disingenuous in how he portrayed the way he was treating his epilepsy? He goes from saying in the 10/04/13 NY Times article that he was following the plan of doctors including Dr. Leppik to changing his diet, getting more sleep, working less, walking, etc. to now admitting that he was burning the candle at both ends, getting only 2-3 hours of sleep, eating peanuts and a can of Diet Coke for a meal, etc.

Here are Kill's own words from the Maisel/ ESPN article: So, he listened to the doctors, something he had always refused to do. If you're an epileptic, and you want to have a seizure, you should get as little sleep as possible, eat poorly and subject yourself to enormous stress. "Putting a Band-Aid on it," as Kill described ignoring the protocols, turned out to be a poor answer.

The clear implication here from these recent articles is that Coach Kill did not change his ways until he missed the Michigan game.

While I have been and will remain a Kill supporter, that doesn't mean that I can't be objective and come to an opinion that Kill certainly wasn't doing all he could be for his own health prior to the Michigan game. Around that time on some Gopherhole threads I was one of only a couple of people who wondered if Kill was doing all he could to follow the health protocol (for which I was called an idiot by a couple of posters) and now Kill admits that he wasn't.

I'm old enough to know that humans are not perfect or infallible. I'm sure Coach Kill would say the same thing. The important thing here is it seems that Kill finally learned that this is not something that can be taken lightly and he needs to focus on his health more to try and avoid what triggers his seizures. If he's learned that I'm proud of him for finally taking the right steps on the road to improved health. Us fans need him, the players need him, the program needs him, and his family needs him. I salute you Coach for getting over your self proclaimed stubborn ways, here's hoping you many years of improved health.

I'll take the flip side here....
...am I the only one who thinks Kill was a little disingenuous...
I was one of only a couple of people who wondered if Kill was doing all he could to follow the health protocol (for which I was called an idiot by a couple of posters) and now Kill admits that he wasn't.

I'm pretty sure Souhan felt it was his place to decide what's best for Jerry, too...because "he likes" him. I'm not sure what your posts were on this subject. I'll have to check. But, without looking IMO you appear to be aligned on the wrong side of this issue.

I'm certain Jerry thought he was getting "more" sleep, eating "better", etc. If you read any of today's stories, his father instilled a work ethic that I admire. Souhan called him a liar. You called him disingenuous. I guess I'd rather have him in my fox hole than either of you. If he's not available, I might be better off alone than with you or Souhan.

Claeys first and then Kill himself acknowledged that themselves back then. They both said that when Kill felt he had things back under control he went back to doing what he had done before or at least doing the work he had done before. Claeys said that this was the first time that Kill stayed in the "program" past when he felt it was necessary. That's why the timing of Souhan's tweet seems to strictly be a reaction to Kill's description of his reaction to Souhan's last column.

Because his claims about "lying" were overblown and that part was the very definition of "old News".

I'll take the flip side here. Please don't think I'm trying to defend Souhan here because I wouldn't have used the term "lying" for what Kill did but am I the only one who thinks Kill was a little disingenuous in how he portrayed the way he was treating his epilepsy.

"Kiss my ass," Kill said, growing agitated behind his desk. "I'm going to show you. I'm a Division I coach, OK? I've got epilepsy. I've been doing this [expletive] and winning for a long time. I'll show you."

I respect the sentiment, but why make it public?

I'm pretty sure Souhan felt it was his place to decide what's best for Jerry, too...because "he likes" him. I'm not sure what your posts were on this subject. I'll have to check. But, without looking IMO you appear to be aligned on the wrong side of this issue.

I'm certain Jerry thought he was getting "more" sleep, eating "better", etc. If you read any of today's stories, his father instilled a work ethic that I admire. Souhan called him a liar. You called him disingenuous. I guess I'd rather have him in my fox hole than either of you. If he's not available, I might be better off alone than with you or Souhan.

So it doesn't bother you even a little that Kill didn't follow his own doctors advice? I think Kill's stubbornness and hard work ethic while usually admirable traits worked against him here. But credit him now for learning from past mistakes.

I'll take the flip side here. Please don't think I'm trying to defend Souhan here because I wouldn't have used the term "lying" for what Kill did but am I the only one who thinks Kill was a little disingenuous in how he portrayed the way he was treating his epilepsy? He goes from saying in the 10/04/13 NY Times article that he was following the plan of doctors including Dr. Leppik to changing his diet, getting more sleep, working less, walking, etc. to now admitting that he was burning the candle at both ends, getting only 2-3 hours of sleep, eating peanuts and a can of Diet Coke for a meal, etc.

Here are Kill's own words from the Maisel/ ESPN article: So, he listened to the doctors, something he had always refused to do. If you're an epileptic, and you want to have a seizure, you should get as little sleep as possible, eat poorly and subject yourself to enormous stress. "Putting a Band-Aid on it," as Kill described ignoring the protocols, turned out to be a poor answer.

The clear implication here from these recent articles is that Coach Kill did not change his ways until he missed the Michigan game.

While I have been and will remain a Kill supporter, that doesn't mean that I can't be objective and come to an opinion that Kill certainly wasn't doing all he could be for his own health prior to the Michigan game. Around that time on some Gopherhole threads I was one of only a couple of people who wondered if Kill was doing all he could to follow the health protocol (for which I was called an idiot by a couple of posters) and now Kill admits that he wasn't.

I'm old enough to know that humans are not perfect or infallible. I'm sure Coach Kill would say the same thing. The important thing here is it seems that Kill finally learned that this is not something that can be taken lightly and he needs to focus on his health more to try and avoid what triggers his seizures. If he's learned that I'm proud of him for finally taking the right steps on the road to improved health. Us fans need him, the players need him, the program needs him, and his family needs him. I salute you Coach for getting over your self proclaimed stubborn ways, here's hoping you many years of improved health.

This is how somebody reasonable frames an argument or a position. You make some valid points, and are absolutely nothing like Souhan, who is the cheapest kind of hack willing to say something offensive just to try to get more clicks on his failing column. I would say what I really think of Souhan, but I don't want to have to go on a Parski-style forced vacation from Gopherhole right before the Wisconsin game.

This is how somebody reasonable frames an argument or a position. You make some valid points, and are absolutely nothing like Souhan, who is the cheapest kind of hack willing to say something offensive just to try to get more clicks on his failing column. I would say what I really think of Souhan, but I don't want to have to go on a Parski-style forced vacation from Gopherhole right before the Wisconsin game.

Thank you for not attacking me and treating me like an enemy and anti-Kill person, like some other posters accuse me of being, for those that don't think I'm capable of being a Kill fan please read the "For those who can't be at the game thread" from a couple of days ago. I am one of the biggest Kill supporters out there, period and end of story.

So it doesn't bother you even a little that Kill didn't follow his own doctors advice?

Disloyalty and disingenuous concern for Kill's health bother me. Jerry was a farmer, a former player. He likely worked sometimes when he didn't feel great. On Saturday there will be many Gophers on the field that aren't 100%. I believe Jerry was "playing hurt." He loves the game, loves his team. Missing the Michigan game was -- I think he said something like -- the worst thing that happened to him. I don't blame him for trying to play through it. I would likely have tried to do the same. What would you have done?

Jerry has taken his lumps on this. He's had to give up at least some part of something he loves very dearly. I'm convinced the Gophers are where they are today because of him, not in spite of him. A bunch of guys Wisconsin didn't want are going to hit the field Saturday and I'm pretty excited about watching them play their "tail ends off." I think that's an awesome thing for this school, community and fan base. Some folks want to detract from that. I think that's pretty pathetic.

I'm guessing he was following doctors orders during the offseason, but fell into his old habits once the games started. I believe the article was written prior to the start of the season. If that's the case, Kill didn't lie.

On a side note, no one stretches the truth more than Souhan.

Disloyalty and disingenuous concern for Kill's health bother me. Jerry was a farmer, a former player. He likely worked sometimes when he didn't feel great. On Saturday there will be many Gophers on the field that aren't 100%. I believe Jerry was "playing hurt." He loves the game, loves his team. Missing the Michigan game was -- I think he said something like -- the worst thing that happened to him. I don't blame him for trying to play through it. I would likely have tried to do the same. What would you have done?

I agree with you 100 percent here. Kill is a damn hard worker and that in my opinion led him to not get enough rest, etc. which worked against him. I do not fault him for that at all, I'm just glad now that he is admitting he needs to focus more on his health and pull back the reins a little. That to me is just as admirable as "playing hurt".

+1 I just visualized the ad and it was hilarious!
That would be a good ad, but something tell's me a State's top university would get in a lot of trouble advocating the death of a hack journalist. Think his eharmony page is blowing up after this?

Top Bottom