Sooooo the mods are deciding guilt and innocence?

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
No problem mentioning the names of the 10 players but take down the posting mentioning the name of the female? 10 peoples word is worth less than one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is the motive for posting her name and home town? There are sick F's around here.

Thank you mods.

No problem mentioning the names of the 10 players but take down the posting mentioning the name of the female? 10 peoples word is worth less than one?

Take that up with the players, attorneys, and media. The U just said they were suspended indefinitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take that up with the players, attorneys, and media. The U just said they were suspended indefinitely.

He was talking about on this board

There is a double standard taking place. This incident has no innocent parties, but either all parties identities are kept confidential or all names and information is public knowledge. The ten men have their names and pictures plastered all over the internet. The young woman receives equal treatment in this story. It is fair to all parties involved, at this point, to make all names public.

The U president has said this whole thing is about "protecting victims"

And due to him saying this there are probably going to be some large settlements

What is the motive for posting her name and home town? There are sick F's around here.

Thank you mods.

What is the motive for allowing the names of the accused to be posted? Are they somehow inferior than the accuser? Is gopherhole more concerned about keeping that access for their business? Seems pretty chicken **** to me.

What is the motive for allowing the names of the accused to be posted? Are they somehow inferior than the accuser? Is gopherhole more concerned about keeping that access for their business? Seems pretty chicken **** to me.

The reason for not posting the woman's name is because we all know there are lots of aholes that will retaliate against her in extremely hurtful and potentially dangerous ways. She didn't make the players names public and you know full well what will happen with her name out there. But you can pretend like you are just putting out there is some misguided sense of fairness as opposed to what your real motive is.

There is a double standard taking place. This incident has no innocent parties, but either all parties identities are kept confidential or all names and information is public knowledge. The ten men have their names and pictures plastered all over the internet. The young woman receives equal treatment in this story. It is fair to all parties involved, at this point, to make all names public.

Well said my man. Goggle George Williams and gopher basketball and guess what it references 30 years later? He will go to his grave being associated with something he was completely exonerated of. Who put him through this? Complete anonymity was her punishment.

The reason for not posting the woman's name is because we all know there are lots of aholes that will retaliate against her in extremely hurtful and potentially dangerous ways. She didn't make the players names public and you know full well what will happen with her name out there. But you can pretend like you are just putting out there is some misguided sense of fairness as opposed to what your real motive is.

Agree. I highly doubt this has anything to do with fairness to all parties. Rather, many are simply looking for a chance at vengeance under the guise of fairness.

Sportsfan24, your accusation is way off base. We provide a forum for robust conversation and we have done a good job maintaining balance during this issue. The University announced the names of the suspended players, not us. If you have an issue with the names being leaked of the suspended players then we recommend you take issue with the U. If the University releases the name of the woman involved then we will not remove the thread. If her name is verified either by her or commonly referred in the media, then we will not remove the thread.

Sportsfan24, your accusation is way off base. We provide a forum for robust conversation and we have done a good job maintaining balance during this issue. The University announced the names of the suspended players, not us. If you have an issue with the names being leaked of the suspended players then we recommend you take issue with the U. If the University releases the name of the woman involved then we will not remove the thread. If her name is verified either by her or commonly referred in the media, then we will not remove the thread.

So many posters claimed this issue was about about due process. Now it turns out some people want to direct the witch hunt at the young woman at the heart of the controversy. There is no benefit to publishing her name.

I applaud the Gopherhole Mods for locking that thread. Thank you!

Nahhhhhh dog. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (and keep your eyes on the sparrow....I love that song). No victims here. The players did something incredible stupid...especially when you have a $250,000 scholarship at risk. But....so....did.....the.....female. She willing participated in a freak show as the main attraction. Deal with it correctly, don't make it worse by lying and wrecking someone else's life.

Gopherhole; you make money off these players. Treat them fairly and learn from the coach (be more concerned about them than yourself) If not I hope every recruit you call and every player you try to speak with tell your representatives to kiss their collective a$$$es.[emoji1532][emoji1532][emoji1532]

This x 1000.

Nahhhhhh dog. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (and keep your eyes on the sparrow....I love that song). No victims here. The players did something incredible stupid...especially when you have a $250,000 scholarship at risk. But....so....did.....the.....female. She willing participated in a freak show as the main attraction. Deal with it correctly, don't make it worse by lying and wrecking someone else's life.

Gopherhole; you make money off these players. Treat them fairly and learn from the coach (be more concerned about them than yourself) If not I hope every recruit you call and every player you try to speak with tell your representatives to kiss their collective a$$$es.[emoji1532][emoji1532][emoji1532]

Before people jump down his throat.....there is a degree of truth to what he is saying here.

If the HRO hearing of the woman in question was open and not closed, then her name is public and the transcript is readily available to the public.

Moreover, her name is presumably on the petition and other documents submitted to the court. These, documents are also publicly available.

Thus, her name is already public and anybody can find out.

Your stance on the matter has holes, even though I personally would not publish her name.

If the HRO hearing of the woman in question was open and not closed, then her name is public and the transcript is readily available to the public.

Moreover, her name is presumably on the petition and other documents submitted to the court. These, documents are also publicly available.

Your stance on the matter has holes, even though I agree with it and have refrained from posting her name after learning about myself.

bingo!

B.S. That's just an excuse to allow your masters to control the conversation. You know damn well the position the U has taken and you know damn well they lied in regards to Claeys and their position. I guess your position is you are going with the liars.

I hope every current player and recruit takes notice and respond accordingly. If not then they deserve the treatment they get. I love gopherhole but you crapped the bed on this one.

Your stance on the matter has holes, even though I personally would not publish her name.

Have you called her yet:confused:

I love being around smart people....well said.[emoji41]

B.S. That's just an excuse to allow your masters to control the conversation. You know damn well the position the U has taken and you know damn well they lied in regards to Claeys and their position. I guess your position is you are going with the liars.

I hope every current player and recruit takes notice and respond accordingly. If not then they deserve the treatment they get. I love gopherhole but you crapped the bed on this one.

Wow,now it's a conspiracy? Call Alex Jones.

Very poor taste and disgusting. Take your bit back to the OTB.

I only asked because, unlike me, you bothered to discover her identity and then announced it here on the football forum. Very Creepy! :mad:

I think this is the first time I agree with Sportsfan.

I'm sure it's been said, but Duke Lacrosse much?

I only asked because, unlike me, you bothered to discover her identity and then announced it here on the football forum. Very Creepy! :mad:

Wrong. You are projecting. I simply pointed to a flaw in their reasoning.

Your bit is stale, and you are generally a bad person.

So many posters claimed this issue was about about due process. Now it turns out some people want to direct the witch hunt at the young woman at the heart of the controversy. There is no benefit to publishing her name.

I applaud the Gopherhole Mods for locking that thread. Thank you!

It is about Due Process.

You people are impossible. I have been one of the most vocal opponents to the process taken. I don't think her name should be posted. I didn't think the accused's names should have been given out, but I am adult enough to realize that two wrongs 12 wrongs don't make a right.

Witch hunt is a terrible term for people on your side of this argument to use. You are a supporter of witch hunts.

He distributes her name, then he calls you a bad person. This sad saga has really brought out the worst in people. Due process is one thing, but some folks have gone too far. I hope the mods stand strong.

It is about Due Process.

You people are impossible. I have been one of the most vocal opponents to the process taken. I don't think her name should be posted. I didn't think the accused's names should have been given out, but I am adult enough to realize that two wrongs 12 wrongs don't make a right.

Witch hunt is a terrible term for people on your side of this argument to use. You are a supporter of witch hunts.

I applaud you saying her name should not be published. I think if her name was published she could be harassed = witch hunt.

Top Bottom