Sooooo the mods are deciding guilt and innocence?

We will see what kind of man sportsfan24 is with how he responds to Gopher legend Tyrone Carter. Assuming he's as big of a man as he likes to portray, he will go on Twitter and rip TC for the same thing he did in starting this thread. This will be interesting to follow.

Soooo I should be pissed at TC because he deleted the ladies name that he posted? Did TC post the players name and delete the ladies name? No? Then you should see the difference.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once again.....the EOAA needs to be looked at carefully. Their biased report has opened up a whole new can of worms. As mentioned.....the women involved simply wanted this to be done. Now.....this irresponsible committee has drug her right back into something that she thought was over. They want to trample as many as possible just to make a point. Sickening.

Good point. She is a pawn in their game now and will suffer the consequences.

Obviously all names should have been kept under wraps here. The players are minor celebrities so their dismissal would have been wondered about and theories floated. The girls name is undoubtedly known on campus even prior to going on social media today but this circus has made the situation a thousand times worse for her.

However, as male and females are equal there are consequences that come with that. All of their reputations are irreparably damaged now partially as the result of this EOAA non-legal proceeding.

He called out the Mods here for deleting the girls name. TC was the first public person to put the name out there. TC deleted the tweet with the name himself and apologized for putting the name out there. So if SF24 is going to come here and call out Mods, he should call out TC who went a step further in both directions.

I'm going to let you think about that for awhile. TC deleted his OWN post. TC did not post or allow the posting of the players name. TC is not deciding on who gets to post what. Not the the same to me. You?

Hypocrite. Rip the U, they leaked names. Rip Tyrone Carter he leaked a name. No idea why you started this thread.

So again, rip those that leaked names, not those that didn't. Not sure how you don't see the issue here.

Finally something we can both agree on.......you have no idea! You rip folks for the reasons you want and I will do the same.[emoji41]

Finally something we can both agree on.......you have no idea! You rip folks for the reasons you want and I will do the same.[emoji41]

Love your OT posts, here you're crazy hypocritical, but all good.

Wow, this has deteriorated in to a pissing match. As much as you want to argue about it, the names of players that are suspended from teams at the U are published. Their is no way the U can be secretive about who will not be playing, let's not ridiculous. People may not agree with the outcome, but the player names had to released. Also, in sexual assault cases, the victims name is never released. I know that many are assuming they are the judge for this case and disagree with how much of a victim the girl actually is.

Wow, this has deteriorated in to a pissing match. As much as you want to argue about it, the names of players that are suspended from teams at the U are published. Their is no way the U can be secretive about who will not be playing, let's not ridiculous. People may not agree with the outcome, but the player names had to released. Also, in sexual assault cases, the victims name is never released. I know that many are assuming they are the judge for this case and disagree with how much of a victim the girl actually is.

Victim? And that's the problem; there can't be a rape victim without there being a rape. You mention players names and there being a victim and you have folks guilty without due process.

On a side note; we have gopherlady apologizing for allowing the "victims" name to be posted. I guess we know were gopherhole stands......players what do guys think? Remember this next time she asks for a interview.

Huh, at least 3 of them were redshirts and not playing so no one would theoretically have been able to figure out Green, Williams, and T. Johnson were involved, plus Djam did not play all that much. That's 4 that could have remained anonymous.

This × infinity.

I have a couple questions that I'm assuming have already been answered so bear with me please. Did the players have any legal representation during th EOAA investigation? Did the players even think they needed a lawyer after the order was changed to 20 feet in October? I'm trying to determine just how biased the report from the EOAA could potentially be.

I am sure some of these questions have been answered as well, and I have not dug into the EOAA governance rules to know myself, and I think I know what the answers probably are, but if anyone knows for sure, I'd like to hear more.

This is somewhat interesting, since the players expressed feelings of feeling ambushed once they got deeper into the EOAA interviews.

1. Was Lee Hutton or any other attorney available during these interviews to assist the players?

2. What would the impact be to the EOAA investigation, and the players, if the player(s) decided to not answering a question under the grounds that the any information provided to could used to against them, and it is not in their best interest to damage themselves and will remain silent? Is the worst then assumed of the interviewee? Are they not afforded the most basic right of the American system to obtain truth and justice?

3. Where the players able to challenge any of the information provided during this investigation that emerged during the questioning, and were they able to challenge the premise of the questions, and demand to know the source of the "facts"?

The posted information appeared to be from the restraining order hearing. Why it wasn't filed with a pseudonym is for someone with a MN legal background to discuss. Also whether the RO documents are public record or whether these were leaked.

On a side note; we have gopherlady apologizing for allowing the "victims" name to be posted. I guess we know were gopherhole stands......players what do guys think? Remember this next time she asks for a interview.

Yeah, Gopherlady is really beating the drum of calling the alleged victim a "victim" and a "survivor".

When the punishments were first handed down on Tuesday, I was trying to explain why this put the U in an impossible situation. I would hope Kaler was going to be smart enough to not take the bait, but referring to the alleged victim as a "victim" and "survivor" makes this already-flawed system rotten to its core.

Which....considering the circumstances....wouldn't it have been wise to wait and sort through all of this after the bowl game and the end of the semester? The suspensions would have been less scrutinized, possibly not even leaking the names of the players, and it would have allowed for the appeals process to play through. Again....it was completely botched by the administration.

[/I]
I am sure some of these questions have been answered as well, and I have not dug into the EOAA governance rules to know myself, and I think I know what the answers probably are, but if anyone knows for sure, I'd like to hear more.

This is somewhat interesting, since the players expressed feelings of feeling ambushed once they got deeper into the EOAA interviews.

1. Was Lee Hutton or any other attorney available during these interviews to assist the players?

2. What would the impact be to the EOAA investigation, and the players, if the player(s) decided to not answering a question under the grounds that the any information provided to could used to against them, and it is not in their best interest to damage themselves and will remain silent? Is the worst then assumed of the interviewee? Are they not afforded the most basic right of the American system to obtain truth and justice?

3. Where the players able to challenge any of the information provided during this investigation that emerged during the questioning, and were they able to challenge the premise of the questions, and demand to know the source of the "facts"?

Well said. It seems like the players, their parents, and Lee Hutton were blindsided by this but I have to believe Hutton knew his clients' were being interviewed throughout the process right???

I don't believe they became Hutton's clients until Tuesday. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't believe they became Hutton's clients until Tuesday. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

That may be I really don't know. Maybe I assumed he represented them originally and throughout.

I should clarify the additional players. I'm making an assumption though. From what I've heard Winfield in particular was told he was simply a witness and not being investigated.

It is misdirected attention to focus on the victim's name. Nothing good comes from that. The EOAA dragged her through the emotional turmoil as well with the way they handled this. Their ability to inflict double jeopardy on this case is unconscionable.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Didn't Hutton represent the players that were involved in getting the restraining orders lifted ?

I think so and if that's true then can someone please explain how these suspensions took him(Hutton) by surprise? Did these players have anyone looking out for their best interests? Parents of these players were shocked and said they thought this was over. I can't understand how this news snuck up on seemingly everyone involved.

1. Nothing to be gained by publishing this girls name. If she is proven a liar in the future it will come out then. No more fair to publish that now than the players and since she isn't the one who published the players names, she doesn't deserve that.

2. GopherLady can have her opinion and it shouldn't be linked to GH's opinion. I know this site sometimes seems like her open marketing site to promote her podcasts, but they should be separated.

3. In all the arguing this beaut below seems to have been missed.

I'm a Good person, and specifically a very Good person. What I'm not, is opinionated, sanctimonious and pretentious (although I have the creditials to be so if I desired)
Good to know you aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is misdirected attention to focus on the victim's name. Nothing good comes from that. The EOAA dragged her through the emotional turmoil as well with the way they handled this. Their ability to inflict double jeopardy on this case is unconscionable.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Good post. I think the students involved are the biggest losers (girl and the accused); to a bunch of weak adults using them as political footballs.

Tracy Claeys is exempted from the critique. Thought he showed vulnerability and strength.

1. Nothing to be gained by publishing this girls name. If she is proven a liar in the future it will come out then. No more fair to publish that now than the players and since she isn't the one who published the players names, she doesn't deserve that.

2. GopherLady can have her opinion and it shouldn't be linked to GH's opinion. I know this site sometimes seems like her open marketing site to promote her podcasts, but they should be separated.

3. In all the arguing this beaut below seems to have been missed.

Good to know you aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoofin wins.

Why would anyone want or need to know this young woman's name? Time will hopefully bring forth clarity. If it doesn't, it still doesn't matter what her name is. If you know her or are close to the players or families I bet you know her name and if you are not then what does it matter...you don't know her anyways.

The players are public figures which is why the U holds them to higher standards and part of what they give up to get their scholarships and play football on TV. Doesn't mean they don't deserve due process or fairness, just means that when they get suspended or in trouble, it is going to be on TV.

I should clarify the additional players. I'm making an assumption though. From what I've heard Winfield in particular was told he was simply a witness and not being investigated.

Wow! If Winfield was told he was only a witness, and not being investigated, than after the fact this EOAA recommended he be punished, then that is the smoking gun that destroys the integrity of this whole EOAA investigation and judgment process.

No player would have any reason to say anything at all to any EOAA committee or investigator, unless granted total written immunity from any sanctions prior to engaging in any way with the EOAA.

if what is alleged did occur to Winfield, then this is a fine example of why the EOAA is considered most legal experts as a kangaroo court, and all we really need to know about the validity of the EOAA as a investigatory arm/ court of judgment, or seeker or truth.

I hadn't heard that either. Massive overreach by the EOAA if true.....and I would expect that there would be some disiplinary action towards their office.

Well, if I allege it that ought to be enough proof.

Right?

It's hearsay so take it fwiw.

The EOAA is not a legal body and there is no legal assault case. All we have is a hand-picked committee making decisions about people breaking the University code of ethics. In this, non-legal, ajudication there is no actual victim, there is only a decision by a committee. If one name is revealed then all names are revealed. In any case, all the young people involved, including the woman, now have legal opportunity to take the University to court for damages incured. The guilt falls squarely upon the EOAA and President Kahler.

Top Bottom