Royce White not here

GopherLady

Reaction score
We can't see Royce White on the bench. Bostick and Mbakwe in street clothes.

Does anyone know if he has class tonight?

Sir Moonlight also wanted update that Maturi is wearing the same suitcoat he wears every game, lol!

I have heard from a student athlete from a different team that he has been expelled, but I don't know how they know that

Some other message boards are mentioning that they have heard Royce has been kicked out of school...sad, but the right choice if all that has been mentioned is true

Some other message boards are mentioning that they have heard Royce has been kicked out of school...sad, but the right choice if all that has been mentioned is true

Actually the are reporting about what this post said.

maybe

just maybe he had some last minute "shopping" to do.

Where are people hearing about the expulsion? It may be that Tubby just didn't want him there as a distraction and probably didn't want people to heckle him until all this crap plays out.

Where are people hearing about the expulsion? It may be that Tubby just didn't want him there as a distraction and probably didn't want people to heckle him until all this crap plays out.

Does he get to miss practice as well? There's something going on if he's not at the game and or in class. BTW, no player would ever miss a game because of class. You're kidding yourself if you think they would. Bostick only went to class the other night because he would not have played anyways.

I just heard he was expelled from a decent source.

Devastating if true...but the right thing to do. The U must know more about the computer theft than we do. Truly sad...

Ending the distraction and getting rid of a guy who has been a lot of trouble is probably the best thing for this team. I just hope he gets far away from here so he doesn't continue to infect the program.

Like I said, a decent source, not a good one. He couldn't confirm it 100 percent, but had heard that. Don't go by my word, its just a rumor...this is me saying this as a poster, not as a writer on this site that has checked facts.

If true, it is only devastating to Royce White. The program and this year's team will be just fine either way.

If true, it is only devastating to Royce White. The program and this year's team will be just fine either way.

I agree. This doesn't need to be devastating to the team. We still have a solid group. Ending the distraction and removing a guy who is totally unreliable is what we need to do.

for what it is worth

Like I said, a decent source, not a good one. He couldn't confirm it 100 percent, but had heard that. Don't go by my word, its just a rumor...this is me saying this as a poster, not as a writer on this site that has checked facts.

I consider you an excellent source.

for all we know he/she was just perpetuating the same rumor from another board who's apparent source was basically another thread on this board speculating about the same thing. it all sounds a bit convoluted to me. until we hear something official i am not going to pay it any mind.

unless he truly is the one that took the laptop, i think it would be a b.s. move by the u to expell him from school. if all it takes to get expelled is getting kicked out of your original dorm (for unknown reasons) then not sure i would want to be at the u if i was still a student. guessing he isn't the first person (athlete or not) to get kicked out of a dorm.

Yeah....I probably should've defined my use of the word "devastating". I agree with the other posters that this far more harmful to Royce than it is our program. Off to Europe might it be for Mr. White?

for all we know he/she was just perpetuating the same rumor from another board who's apparent source was basically another thread on this board speculating about the same thing. it all sounds a bit convoluted to me. until we hear something official i am not going to pay it any mind.

unless he truly is the one that took the laptop, i think it would be a b.s. move by the u to expell him from school. if all it takes to get expelled is getting kicked out of your original dorm (for unknown reasons) then not sure i would want to be at the u if i was still a student. guessing he isn't the first person (athlete or not) to get kicked out of a dorm.

The other board has a rumor with info that sounds way more damning now.

yup

I tend to agree but I doubt we have all the facts the school does. Time will tell.

In any case, as long as we have Tubby I feel GREAT about our team and our prospects.

Yeah....I probably should've defined my use of the word "devastating". I agree with the other posters that this far more harmful to Royce than it is our program. Off to Europe might it be for Mr. White?

Mr. White may want to seek some good counseling or he may well end up playing in a penal league.

I don't think he'll be going to Europe if true.

I don't like to "steal" info from a pay site but sure would like to know more about that info. :)

...which IS of course the point. You read between the lines. The U is not gonna come out and give a press release play-by-play of Royce White's dorm life. The fact that he got kicked out of a dorm is evidence that the U found his behavior unacceptable. You can choose to trust their judgment or not, but I can tell you there are a lot of kids that screw around and DON'T get kicked out of their dorm and the U has no reason to protect them. And they CERTAINLY don't get expelled merely for being a jack-ass in the dorm.

If White is expelled (and it is a BIG 'if'), I'm confident that the U has sufficient evidence to meet any reasonable person's definition that White is a bigger problem than he is worth. However, they are NOT gonna come out and give us the gory details, so don't hold your breath waiting for the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' threshold you seem to want.

FWIW....I noticed on the Game stat (GopherSports.com) that Bostick and Mbakwe are listed on the stat roster.....White is not....

I don't think he'll be going to Europe if true.

Anticallahan and others...your thoughts if true? Enroll at another college? Enter the draft next year? Just curious what others think...

Anticallahan and others...your thoughts if true? Enroll at another college? Enter the draft next year? Just curious what others think...

Any chance he ends up at a JUCO that takes anyone and is basically a feeder system for Div. I programs? A school like Indian Hills CC in Iowa comes to mind. They basically used to get players eligible for Huggins at Cincinnati. I don't know if they still operate like this but there are plenty of CC's that do.

Any chance he ends up at a JUCO that takes anyone and is basically a feeder system for Div. I programs? A school like Indian Hills CC in Iowa comes to mind. They basically used to get players eligible for Huggins at Cincinnati. I don't know if they still operate like this but there are plenty of CC's that do.

Total BS about Huggins. He signed JuCo players at UC but they were not used to get players eligible at UC.

Rarely did UC sign a player from Indian Hills JC in Iowa.

Top Bottom