Royce White Leaving the U per Myron

Exactly what in Royce White's past leads you to take his word about what Tubby/Maturi/anyone did or did not communicate to him?

I have my share of concerns with Tubby, but I certainly wouldn't side with a wildcard like Royce White in an integrity contest with Orlando Smith.

If, in fact, it was communicated to Royce that he would not play for the Gophers this year, despite any resolution with his charges, this information should have been shared to the public. The fact that it wasn't led to a lot of frustrated Gophers fans.

If Royce were to lie and say that he expected to play or make leading statements to this effect after being told that he wouldn't play (I'm not sure if he ever did this or if it was all just rumors), he should have been dismissed from the team. That sort of conduct would be clearly detrimental to the program.

Either way, I believe the process was clearly handled poorly by all involved.

Name the classes and let the world decide how hard he's had to work.

And saying your a "marketing major" in your freshman year means jack. You don't get accepted to Carlson as an undergrad until your junior year. Everything before that is prep work.

So, he COULD have "Calc I", "Cost Accounting" and "MacroEcon"...or he could have "Art of Disney", "Theater 1001" and "Badminton".

Actually, most students are accepted to Carlson as Freshman, with a few more being admitted as Juniors (mainly transfer students from other colleges or from other schools within the U).

These classes are required for Carlson students in their Freshman year:

ECON 1101 Principles of Microeconomics* (4 credits)
ECON 1102 Principles of Macroeconomics* (4 credits)
MATH 1142 Short Calculus* or MATH 1271, Calculus I* (4 credits)
MGMT 1001 Contemporary Management* (3 credits)
WRIT 1301 or 1401 Freshman Writing, or equivalent* (4 credits)
PSY 1001 Introduction to Psychology (4 credits)

Along with other lib. ed. requirements.

I have no idea if Royce is in Carlson or not, but if he is, he definitely should have a fairly difficult course-load.

If he is trying to play a game of chicken with Tubby he is sadly mistaken.

Tubby will not put up with these mind games.
Tubby and the Gophers are better off without him

Let him be gone so the team can focus on the next game and the rest of the season.
I am sure there is another player that will be more than happy to take his scholarship
for next season and be thankful for it.

Childress to Royce - Choke it back and Shut Up

I am supportive of Royce...but a little maturity would go a long way

Exactly what in Royce White's past leads you to take his word about what Tubby/Maturi/anyone did or did not communicate to him?.

Royce White first explains his suspension for the Mall of America theft incident was done with, and that he was supposed to miss two exhibition games before his return to the Gophers.

No chance Tubby was going to bring him back after only two exhibition games, but thats what he believed. And now White said he thought he would get a chance to help the team finish the season strong, but Tubby said today that he never expected White to play this year. That's leads me to believe there was breakdown in communication between Tubby/Maturi and RW.

I cast no accusations. I ask you to look at the behavioral markers and note if any fit the public personality of Royce White. I then ask you to support the U in continuing to work on convincing Royce in getting the help he needs to make the most of his talents and not going down the path he's currently headed- in throwing his whole life away. At this point, there is denial from both sides on dealing with the reality of this situation.

Promised myself that I would leave the Royce White threads, alone but guru's comment bears further discussion.

Don't agree that "sociopath markers" are a fair assessment of Royce White's behavioral/public image issues. However, this is a young man who is due for a psychological evaluation, if for no other reason than to rule out any undiagnosed underlying mental illness.

More concerned about White's future well-being than his role on the Gopher's basketball team at this point.

I'd still like some evidence of all the "hard work" Royce has been putting in.

Here's what I see:
- 3.3 GPA, yes. But what classes? How hard was it really?
- Making videos for YouTube. Crappy ones at that. Get better lighting.
- Hasn't been arrested in a few months. That's hard.
- For some reason, doesn't live in the freshman BBall dorm. I thought all fresh/soph were supposed to live in Centennial...but that could've changed.
- Has threatened twice now publicly to leave.

all the BBALL players live in Wilkins, with the exception of I think Westbrook and Damien.

Royce did live there, but was kicked out.
He then proceeded to get kicked out of Territorial.
The team then had to help him find alternative living, I believe an apartment or house i'm not sure.

The only bball player who lived in Centennial for a little while was Dominique Dawson, who moved into Wilkins when Royce was kicked out.

And as for the whole trespassing thing. It is common practice for any student that is kicked out of the dorms to be prohibited from the buildings in the future. That said, I still think the charges are petty.

all the BBALL players live in Wilkins, with the exception of I think Westbrook and Damien.

Royce did live there, but was kicked out.
He then proceeded to get kicked out of Territorial.
The team then had to help him find alternative living, I believe an apartment or house i'm not sure.

The only bball player who lived in Centennial for a little while was Dominique Dawson, who moved into Wilkins when Royce was kicked out.

And as for the whole trespassing thing. It is common practice for any student that is kicked out of the dorms to be prohibited from the buildings in the future. That said, I still think the charges are petty.

So, just so I'm sure...:
- Assaulted a mall cop
- Kicked out of 2 dorms...we don't know why
- Goes into dorms he's kicked out of, opens up closed dorm room doors and walks in without knocking

How did he get kicked out of a dorm? 2 of them at that?

When I went to school (which was obviously a while ago), you had to have a party in your room busted 3 times before you got kicked out.

I HATE cry babies, and royce white can't deal with the fact that he has to answer for the mistakes his friends make. Get used to it, the world isn't fair. Elevate your surroundings and you don't have this problem. Don't cry about it and don't put a powerplay on Tubby, he has given you more chances than you deserve. Use it as a learning experience, grow from it, and play for the U. Get over yourself. End rant.

So, just so I'm sure...:
- Assaulted a mall cop
- Kicked out of 2 dorms...we don't know why
- Goes into dorms he's kicked out of, opens up closed dorm room doors and walks in without knocking

How did he get kicked out of a dorm? 2 of them at that?

When I went to school (which was obviously a while ago), you had to have a party in your room busted 3 times before you got kicked out.

I don't know for sure, but I've heard along the lines of having too many people over, and parties often. This is heresay, so please don't take my word for it.

There are various ways you can be kicked out. Too many noise violations, I think it is three write ups, or alcohol violations, meaning you cant even be in a room where there is alcohol. I'm not really sure exactly but I have heard of a couple other students that have been kicked out.

I don't know for sure, but I've heard along the lines of having too many people over, and parties often. This is heresay, so please don't take my word for it.

There are various ways you can be kicked out. Too many noise violations, I think it is three write ups, or alcohol violations, meaning you cant even be in a room where there is alcohol. I'm not really sure exactly but I have heard of a couple other students that have been kicked out.

if thats the policy the practical liquor store the girls had down the hall from me two years ago got caught with never got them kicked out.

Name the classes and let the world decide how hard he's had to work.

And saying your a "marketing major" in your freshman year means jack. You don't get accepted to Carlson as an undergrad until your junior year. Everything before that is prep work.

So, he COULD have "Calc I", "Cost Accounting" and "MacroEcon"...or he could have "Art of Disney", "Theater 1001" and "Badminton".

I'll ask him what classes if he's in class tomorrow... however i do know that he took PSTL 1525W which is a writing intensive course required for all CE+HD members... It's not an easy course... you had about a 2-page paper every week and about 30 pages of reading per week along with other stupid assignments...

There are prerequisites to any major and the advisers wouldn't ever let you take as weak a course load as you just suggested.

It's probably not a really tough load... but are we really about to discredit his 3.4 gpa now??? you people are looking for any way to make him out to be an idiot...

Pretty apparent that White is using the media in an attempt to be activated to play. Like the previous YouTube video I don't think he is planning to withdrawl and this is likely an empty threat considering he doesn't have a plan to go anywhere else or leave for the NBA.

I've been thinking this myself. Tubby at some point must be saying to himself, what dumb thing will this guy do or say next.

you people are looking for any way to make him out to be an idiot...

Unfortunately, we don't have to look very far.

I've been thinking this myself. Tubby at some point must be saying to himself, what dumb thing will this guy do or say next.

Bingo.

I'm sure Tubby has told him to keep his big, fat, immature trap shut. But he can't seem to do that. You would've thought his lawyer would tell him to shut-up too, but that clearly didn't happen.

It's really too bad. I would have loved to see him play for us. He would probably have single-handedly elevated us to a tourney team. Very sad for his teammates that he has let down and very sad for his future.

Bingo.

I'm sure Tubby has told him to keep his big, fat, immature trap shut. But he can't seem to do that. You would've thought his lawyer would tell him to shut-up too, but that clearly didn't happen.

It's really too bad. I would have loved to see him play for us. He would probably have single-handedly elevated us to a tourney team. Very sad for his teammates that he has let down and very sad for his future.

i missed the part where you discredited the 3.4. details please.

Bingo.

according to you: he's and idiot, immature, & has a big, fat mouth. Yet you want him to play for us? Kid, you can't have it both ways. At least the senior GHer are openly honest with their hatred.

All I was referring to was the comment that "even though he got the 3.4... he could've taken easy courses"... it's basically discrediting him from any achievement.

I never discredited it anywhere. Lots of folks that get good grades also do idiotic things. I'll give you an example: Royce White.

It's really too bad. I <b>would have loved</b> to see him play for us. He would probably have single-handedly elevated us to a tourney team. Very sad for his teammates that he has let down and very sad for his future.

according to you: he's and idiot, immature, & has a big, fat mouth. Yet you want him to play for us? Kid, you can't have it both ways. At least the senior GHer are openly honest with their hatred.

You might want to look into something called the "conditional verb tense," which is what I used in my statement, <b>baller</b>.

I also reserve the right to allow a kid to get his $hit together. If he did that, I'd welcome him back. But not until. It's been quiet lately until today, I was hopeful. Then he opens his big, fat trap and busts all our hopes.

Actually you can have it both ways. Its called doing what the coach has asked of you, stay out the public eye, dont break any laws no matter how small and in due time Im sure Tubby would lovee to have him play.

Dont make any mistake about what is going on here. I would say Tubby and almost all of people on gopherhole want Royce to play for the Gophers. But at what cost is the question? Is it too hard to keep your mouth shut and man up for your transgressions?

I dont think anybody but Royce and Tubby knows what was asked of him. But Im going to trust Tubby on making the right decision. Because he has more experience in situations like this than than everyone who commented on here combined and that is what he gets paid a lot of money to do.

All I was referring to was the comment that "even though he got the 3.4... he could've taken easy courses"... it's basically discrediting him from any achievement.

i agree with you.. it's gopher jake that has the issue with the 3.4

Why don't you show us all the link to the comment I supposedly made, <i><b>baller</b></i>. Good luck finding something that doesn't exist, <i><b>baller</b></i>.

gotcha... thanks dboy!

I don't get why people have to argue over his grades and whether they're "easy" or not... a 3.4 is really good and shouldn't be up for debate... I have a problem with people comparing coursework. I'm a sport management major in CE+HD and while it's not as "prestigious" as Carlson, I find it dumb to discredit the courseload of those in CE+HD. It's just rude and stuck-up.

Why don't you show us all the link to the comment I supposedly made, <i><b>baller</b></i>. Good luck finding something that doesn't exist, <i><b>baller</b></i>.

cfield: It's probably not a really tough load... but are we really about to discredit his 3.4 gpa now??? you people are looking for any way to make him out to be an idiot...

jake: Unfortunately, we don't have to look very far.

you admit you are the 'we' that is trying to discredit the 3.4 and 'make him out to be an idiot'.. not having to 'look very far' to do it.

next.

jake, while you're at it, i'm still waiting for some comeback on KG's rebounding...

cfield: It's probably not a really tough load... but are we really about to discredit his 3.4 gpa now??? you people are looking for any way to make him out to be an idiot...

jake: Unfortunately, we don't have to look very far.

you admit you are the 'we' that is trying to discredit the 3.4 and 'make him out to be an idiot'.. not having to 'look very far' to do it.

next.

I have to admit, <i><b>baller</b></i>, your "logic" is flawless. Go ahead, though, and show us the link to where I say his 3.4 is meaningless, just so we're sure.

Top Bottom