Royce White Leaving the U per Myron

how do you know??
he has been playing travel/AAU hoops 11 months a year since 4th grade.. including weekends.. .you have no clue how hard he has worked... you and your fools in the tubby amen corner act like he's dealing crack in Dinkytown.

good for him... he held all the cards... he's called tubby's bluff... tubby is in a free-fall.

Another apologist for RW? All he has to do is stay out of Jail and quit getting arrested. Unfortunately, the world has rules for RW and he's not able to meet the minimum quals for playing college basketball. The bar is so low yet it continues to hit RW in the head. He holds no cards in this situation at all. How hard he's worked, well he's got more work to do now. Anyone know where Royce can get his hands on a Croation-English dictionary?

Perfect, Facts34.

And BTW, people don't talk about amen corner here in Minny except while watching a particular golf major. But from reading some UK boards I'd say they do with their kin all the time while they discuss riding pine in Kentucky.

you need to get out of the 494/694 loop once in a while. the world doesn't revolve around your ranch home in Bloomington... sorry.

JOEM and Tubby need to explain how a kid can have a 3.33 GPA, be at practice and not play.

Since you apparently know Royce, maybe you can explain why he WASN'T at practice all of last week? Why did he skip practice beginning LAST MONDAY? Just didn't show up. Does he think he can just practice when convenient? Answer that and then, come back and explain why Tubby should play him.

It's time Tubby lay out the problem here. Instead of the "coach speak" crap of "he has alot of work to do", he needs to be more specific. What is preventing him from playing? Is it the U or is it Tubby or both?

Agreed. This cryptic b.s. is annoying. Will we ever find out the truth?

All the more reason it is a shame for Royce to quit on himself. Why on earth would he work so hard all of those years only to end up sabotaging himself the way Royce has? I'll tell you why. Because at every step of the way (since he was in 4th grade) when he's messed up, people have excused it. It's okay, they tell him. Now, after all of that, he's apparently thrown away his hometown basketball career. And, he has only himself and his minions to blame, but he has no ability to recognize that. At some point, he'll learn he is responsible for his own actions and will quit blaming others for his misdeeds. He clearly hasn't learned that yet. Royce literally needs some mental health therapy. Hope he gets the help he needs.

so you know all his details since 4th grade???
DLS told him 'it was okay'? i thought they kicked him out? what did I miss?
he seemed to have a good year at Hopkins.... are you forgetting??

Since you apparently know Royce, maybe you can explain why he WASN'T at practice all of last week? Why did he skip practice beginning LAST MONDAY? Just didn't show up.

Where did you hear that?

Another apologist for RW? All he has to do is stay out of Jail and quit getting arrested. Unfortunately, the world has rules for RW and he's not able to meet the minimum quals for playing college basketball. The bar is so low yet it continues to hit RW in the head. He holds no cards in this situation at all. How hard he's worked, well he's got more work to do now. Anyone know where Royce can get his hands on a Croation-English dictionary?

tubby w/o royce: fighting for an NIT home game.
royce w/o tubby: Kentucky next year... OR million$ contract living in Europe.

NO cards???

This is certainly disappointing, if true. Royce has nobody to blame but himself, in my view. Sure, I think the UMPD has behaved shamefully, and has truly embarrassed the University. Sure, I would have liked to have seen Maturi and Tubby allow Royce back a bit sooner. However, Royce put himself in the position of relying on external circumstances to dictate when he would play. He made some horrible choices, and he should have simply waited it out. He forced his hand, and I would guess that Tubby's about done putting up with him. It's unfortunate that the young man has made so many bad decisions, but it's the bed he's made, and now he has to toss and turn in it.

NO cards???

Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

so you know all his details since 4th grade???
DLS told him 'it was okay'? i thought they kicked him out? what did I miss?
he seemed to have a good year at Hopkins.... are you forgetting??

Exactly. The lesson he learned was that it is okay to cheat on tests, get expelled from school, and treat teachers and coaches with disrespect. You know why that was the lesson? Because after all of that at DLS, somebody else came along and brought him in because he had ungodly basketball abilities. So, here comes Hopkins and brings him on board, with no true consequence for his stuff at DLS. The U offer is still there, etc. He wins the state title and Mr. Basketball. At the end of the day, the lesson was it was all okay for him at DLS. No problem. All is well that ends well. So, he continues with this behavior that it is okay. He robs the MOA, he attacks a security guard, he gets kicked out of dorm, he returns to the dorm he's not supposed to go into, he gets charged with trespassing, he skips practice exactly one week after he is allowed to return to practice. And, Tubby is supposed to put up with this because you tell us that he has worked hard since the 4th grade?? Not many people have any idea how much work Tubby and the U have had to put in on this kid just to get to this point. How let down do you think Tubby feels. Tubby offers this kid a chance to play at his hometown school (taking risk after risk along the way) and yet Royce treats him with this behavior. And, you say it is all okay and that the coaching staff is at fault. That's called an enabler and that is why Royce is who he is today.

And, you know what? Some other school will take him on beginning next year and the young man has likely not learned his lesson yet.

After working so hard to get back on the court, withdrawing from school? Makes no sense. Hopefully this is incorrect.

Please detail all the work he put in to get back on the court.

The Kid admitted to the MOA case- dumb and no excuses. ANYONE who is honest with themselves could have been arrested for Trespassing on campus. That was bogus because there was no laptop theft case to stick. The kid has a 3.33 GPA, works hard at practice--what do you want to give the kid life in prison? You all are such Hypocrites... ....with your "standards" then you should be happy with a regular NIT Trip every year and can count on the Colton Iverson (no not Allen Iverson) the Colton Iversons of the world to lead your team to the NIT! Reset your NCAA sights and replace them with NIT. You don't think other schools have questions with Athletes? Some of these kids need a coach like Tubby to help set them right. You don't want to give them a chance to get through school and to bring in major revenue and represent the U of M. These kids are NOT perfect...just like you! It is not like RW has been convicted of assault , child abuse, or some heinous crime......

As I have said, RW expected to play vs OSU and was very disappointed with the loss and the fact that he is NOT allowed to help his team win. Anyone who has ever played higher level sports knows the frustration. It is time to have JoeM lay out the case as to WHY he is not playing and either let him play or dismiss him from the team.

NO cards???

Royce probably isn't good enough to play in Europe at this point, let alone receive a million dollar contract.

And why would Kentucky want Royce? For one, Royce he would take up a scholarship while sitting out a year.

The Kid admitted to the MOA case- dumb and no excuses. ANYONE who is honest with themselves could have been arrested for Trespassing on campus. That was bogus because there was no laptop theft case to stick. The kid has a 3.33 GPA, works hard at practice--what do you want to give the kid life in prison? You all are such Hypocrites... ....with your "standards" then you should be happy with a regular NIT Trip every year and can count on the Colton Iverson (no not Allen Iverson) the Colton Iversons of the world to lead your team to the NIT! Reset your NCAA sights and replace them with NIT. You don't think other schools have questions with Athletes? Some of these kids need a coach like Tubby to help set them right. You don't want to give them a chance to get through school and to bring in major revenue and represent the U of M. These kids are NOT perfect...just like you! It is not like RW has been convicted of assault , child abuse, or some heinous crime......

As I have said, RW expected to play vs OSU and was very disappointed with the loss and the fact that he is NOT allowed to help his team win. Anyone who has ever played higher level sports knows the frustration. It is time to have JoeM lay out the case as to WHY he is not playing and either let him play or dismiss him from the team.

Okay, sounds like you may have an in. Here's my question to you. Why should Gophers fans continue to support this guy? I've been the first to say that he should be allowed to play, and that the UMPD has acted shamefully in relation to the trespassing charge. Royce doesn't have to be perfect. I get that he expected to play against OSU. I'm sure he was very disappointed with how the team played and with not being allowed to dress for the game. But how does going to Myron possibly help? How is that a good move? It's unfortunately just another example of immaturity from a guy who has hurt this Gopher team more than anybody. If Royce would have kept his mouth shut, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him play against PSU. Instead, he comes out with more immature nonsense, and now I doubt he'll ever play a game for the U. It's a shame.

Royce probably isn't good enough to play in Europe at this point, let alone receive a million dollar contract.

And why would Kentucky want Royce? For one, Royce he would take up a scholarship while sitting out a year.

Dude. He's a troll. Don't bother.

Lot's of speculation here. It is time for Tubby to clear the air. Tubby is showing some arrogance here. In fairness to all, he needs to address this so the criticisms of Royce can be fair rather than hearsay. C'mon Tubby tell us.

NO cards???

Now there's a good idea! RW with millions of dollars! I'm sure it'll be good decision after another as that has been his past. Dboy, Tubby already has millons of dollars. As much as he wants to win he won't make a bad decision. He'll exist as a basketball coach long after you and Royce are saddling up to Howard Pulley AAU games 10 years from now wearing those HP jerseys wondering what happened.

"If you don't let me play, I'll take my ball and go home." Idle threat or reality? Another frustration statement? Either way, I'm a bit tired of it. For a guy with a good grade point average, he does and says some dumb stuff. If he didn't practice last week, which may or may not be true, he had no right to think he would play at OSU.

This stuff would be easier for fans to follow if the team wasn't playing like it is.

Royce had a 3.4 GPA... I'm in 2 of his classes... He's actually a really smart and nice guy... He said he could play during the MSU game, but thought he'd probably just sit on the bench.

Kentucky reloads, that's why.
rocye was #17 in HS.. I think he'd make it in Europe or somewhere else.. God, even Boone is drawing a paycheck somehwere... so is Dusty. not a bad gig if you can get it.. no arrogant coach/admin to kick you when you are down

I think I have said this before, an open ended suspension without specific criteria for getting re-instated serves no one. You end up with a subjective process that cannot be quantified by anyone.

From Royces perspective he studied hard, got good grades, but has not seen anything positive come from that. He has wasted an important year of his life. I personally would not waste another if I were him. NCAA is a monopoly but it is not the only game. Would he be an immediate star in Europe and get millions, no. Could he play and improve his game, absolutely. If you have a product that is in demand supply that market. I for one would not blame him for leaving.

I think I have said this before, an open ended suspension without specific criteria for getting re-instated serves no one. You end up with a subjective process that cannot be quantified by anyone.

From Royces perspective he studied hard, got good grades, but has not seen anything positive come from that. He has wasted an important year of his life. I personally would not waste another if I were him. NCAA is a monopoly but it is not the only game. Would he be an immediate star in Europe and get millions, no. Could he play and improve his game, absolutely. If you have a product that is in demand supply that market. I for one would not blame him for leaving.

+1

you must be one of these 'enablers'??? or are you just a normal U kid thinking that Royce is just a normal kid?

one qestion: does he travel with a pack of drug dealers around school?

Nope... no drug dealers... I got a 3.917 gpa last semester and I wouldn't call myself one of his 'enablers'... I'm just in his classes. He is respectful in class and he was really nice to me, so I just wanted to say something about that because I feel like 90% of the posters here think he's just a complete jerk all the time. I, for one, live in territorial hall, where the whole incident happened and agree with him that the trespassing charges are bull-crap... The fact that the UMPD took 3 months to investigate and could only charge him with this is just stupid...

From the Strib piece, Who else saw the smile he had on his face when the reporter asked about one of his friends taking the laptop. Classic Royce. His lawyer pushes him away, saying were not talking about that.

This still doesnt mean anything permanently, from what we have learned from college coaches (not tubby) about truthfulness, saying one thing, then doing another, it's still uncertain as to what will happen.

Ok.

Think about how you are feeling reading this.

Now imagine you are DJ, or Westbrook and this is what you wake to after a tough road trip.

I'm actually starting to feel a fondness for Humphries.

True! I'd take ten Kris Humphries over this kid. Time to cut the cord and move on. The worst thing in the world is constant instability. Tubby could get this guy back playing only to have him blow up on the team the next day.

Playing in Europe is not the option it was - much of the money has dried up. I talked with Adam Boone's parents last weekend and he did not get a contract this year. Lots of guys did not as the economy is a big factor.

Top Bottom