Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reid Travis announcement, first game of the Pitino era tonight vs. Lehigh, and tomorrows Penn State game to go 8-2 and be that much closer to a top 25 ranking and a new years day bowl.

Me and a few friends have a few Windsor shots poured, waiting for the first of the three! Go Gophers.

I got same answer...this is bad!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Magic 8 - Ball says <a href="https://twitter.com/Reid_Travis_22">@Reid_Travis_22</a> not coming to MN. This is bad. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23weneedreid&src=hash">#weneedreid</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gopherbball&src=hash">#gopherbball</a> <a href="http://t.co/Fm1EBsMuHF">pic.twitter.com/Fm1EBsMuHF</a></p>— TJ Goulet (@tj_goulet) <a href="https://twitter.com/tj_goulet/statuses/398915854194077697">November 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I am not going to have anything new to report to you guys, my source was told he will find who the pick is at 3:30 like the rest of us. Only the immediate family knows the pick and no one is talking. All the inside info I had has been posted and I won't have anything new before he announces.

I don't care, stop posting....

I'm at the VU now wearing my Gopher b-ball jersey and sweatpants. I was approached by a woman named Candy who seemed genuinely interested in my Gopher garb. She asked if I wanted to go to the dance or something to that effect. I told her that I would love to, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. She said, for $100 we can go somewhere quieter. I assume she has inside info on Reid, and doesn't want others to overhear. I only have $17, and would like to order some cheese curds. I'll see if I can't find an ATM and keep you guys posted.

I'm at the VU now wearing my Gopher b-ball jersey and sweatpants. I was approached by a woman named Candy who seemed genuinely interested in my Gopher garb. She asked if I wanted to go to the dance or something to that effect. I told her that I would love to, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. She said, for $100 we can go somewhere quieter. I assume she has inside info on Reid, and doesn't want others to overhear. I only have $17, and would like to order some cheese curds. I'll see if I can't find an ATM and keep you guys posted.

They NEVER let me in there with sweat pants.

I'm agreeing with you. What people don't understand is that when discussing people with an MBA, JD, MD, etc. the undergrad matters little. Would you prefer to retain a lawyer who did undergrad at Stanford, and then went to Whittier Law School (voted the worst law school by abovethelaw.com whoever they are, just using that school as an example). Or a guy that did his undergrad at "Brand X" university but attended Yale Law School? My college roommate, at The "U" went on to Johns Hopkins med school, and graduated #1 in his class. It's worked out pretty well for him.

No, it matters. You can get into said programs from any school, but the path is easier if you go to the best schools. The highest percentage of students at ivy grad schools went to ivy undergrad.

If your point is you can make it to those top schools from any undergrad, you're right. If your point is that undergrad is irrelevant and the guy from no-name U has an equal chance of getting into a top grad school as the guy from Princeton or Stanford, then you're not living in the real world.

I like this guy

Quite possibly the best post ever.

All this anticipation never ends well for us Gopher fans. Reid will select MN then tear his ACL & MCL while exiting the stage.

Feels like the pregame before IA...all the hope in the world only to be dashed by misery and the sickening feeling that nothing will ever change.

#weneedreid

This place is either gonna be a disaster area, or mardi gras in about 45 minutes.
Nearest I have ever come to Mardi Gras was watching it on an episode of Cops. A lot of strange drunken people and the hottest female cop I have ever seen.

Nearest I have ever come to Mardi Gras was watching it on an episode of Cops. A lot of strange drunken people and the hottest female cop I have ever seen.

Considering we're probably already in the presence of strange drunken people, if Reid picks the U all we have to do is post a pic of a half naked female cop to make this Mardi Gras realistic.

Considering we're probably already in the presence of strange drunken people, if Reid picks the U all we have to do is post a pic of a half naked female cop to make this Mardi Gras realistic.

something something golden shower something

Anyone else been drinking whiskey all day to counteract the anxiety?

I am confused as to why its not in the gym and a little scared now, did they not expect many people to show or did they want to lower the amount people allowed in because he is picking another school and they don't want too many gopher fans there.

Source said it was moved to gym monday, must have had it moved back, who knows could have been the school's doing, I don't care where he announces as long as its Minnesota

Guys, just saw Reid at Target. While looking through the Stanford and MN hats, he found a Gophers hat with a 20% off sticker. Needless to say, he grabbed it and bought that one. Looks like we got him.

Guys, just saw Reid at Target. While looking through the Stanford and MN hats, he found a Gophers hat with a 20% off sticker. Needless to say, he grabbed it and bought that one. Looks like we got him.

That's where I buy my Gopher Hats too! #belikereid

God bless the Target employee who marked down that Gopher hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom