Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notre Dame is a very Catholic place; a lot of Catholic kids like Reid end up there.

I get what you are saying, but I'm Catholic and would never base my school decision on religion. I'd assume if Reid is interested in business that the business school would be more of a draw than the fact it is a Catholic school. I didn't realize ND was the top undergraduate business school in the country, so that will definitely be a draw for him. I still think I'd choose a place like Stanford over ND if I were going to leave my home state though. Stanford has the prestigious academics, incredible weather in one of the most beautiful parts of the country and a decent basketball program in a major conference. Plus ND is a perpetual underachiever under Mike Brey.

I get what you are saying, but I'm Catholic and would never base my school decision on religion. I'd assume if Reid is interested in business that the business school would be more of a draw than the fact it is a Catholic school. I didn't realize ND was the top undergraduate business school in the country, so that will definitely be a draw for him. I still think I'd choose a place like Stanford over ND if I were going to leave my home state though. Stanford has the prestigious academics, incredible weather in one of the most beautiful parts of the country and a decent basketball program in a major conference. Plus ND is a perpetual underachiever under Mike Brey.

I'm Catholic, and I've never understood the draw, but for some kids and their families it's a factor.

Notre Dame is often ranked in the top 5 business undergraduate programs and many times #1, 2 or 3. Stanford doesn't have business. Why go to Stanford...the U would be better...but if you are Catholic...let's hope he wants to play in front of his family and friends. South Bend and nearly all of Indiana stinks. It is awful. Minneapolis smokes by comparison. Even the weather in South Bend is worse. But hard to beat their business program.

I don't know about Reid in particular but a lot of kids that go to DeLaSalle aren't catholic or even Christian, do you guys really think that Sacar Anim is Christian?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i3MpYoAGJp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Highlight Video from Top 100 Camp.

Great highlights. His long distance jumper seems to be improving and he is a workhorse. He would be a great fit at the U and would be a fan favorite.

per Sid:

• De La Salle senior-to-be forward Reid Travis was named to the All-Star team at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, Va., last weekend, and 247sports.com had a nice write-up about his performance: “A rugged interior player with some bounce to his game, Travis was one of the top scorer/rebounders in the camp, averaging 13 points and 5.7 rebounds per game. The four-star prospect will be a consistent and productive post player at the college level.” The 6-8, 240-pound Travis will next head to the Big Man Skills Academy, which features workouts with NBA stars Amare Stoudemire and Anthony Davis, and brings in the top 15 to 20 high school big men in the nation on June 24-26 in Union, N.J.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/212255521.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

I love in his highlights where after he scores he is running hard to get back. Look at the other kids in the video; standing around, etc. He is a horse.

Reid needs to listen to Lem Barney, play hoops young man.

I think Travis could do some really good things for our basketball team! Every highlight I see of him makes me think being ranked #40 is way underrated. What are his current weaknesses? What does he need to improve on? Haven't been able to watch him live so i'm curious!

I think Travis could do some really good things for our basketball team! Every highlight I see of him makes me think being ranked #40 is way underrated. What are his current weaknesses? What does he eed to improve on? Haven't been able to watch him live so i'm curious!

He shoots free throws on par with Shaq. His jump shot is not far behind either.

#40 is a really high rating. I think people are losing perspective with have the #3 espn and #9 in the state in the same class. But I agree that an outside shot is what seperates him from those top 39 players that are similar size.

Reid is officially visiting Gonzaga today, don't know if this was previously stated or not.

Pack mentality

NC State coach Mark Gottfried’s July hit list is laced with ESPN 100 big men. The Wolfpack seem to be adopting the motto “Go big or go home.”

Here’s the list of candidates for July viewing by Gottfried: centers Okonoboh, Pascal Chukwu (Westport, Conn./Fairfield Prep) and Payton Dastrup (Mesa, Ariz./Mountain View) and power forwards JaKeenan Gant (Springfield, Ga./Effingham County), Abdul-Malik Abu (Boston/Kimball Union Academy), Reid Travis (Minneapolis/De La Salle), Leron Black (Memphis, Tenn./White Station) and Craig Victor (New Orleans/St. Augustine).

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/dave-telep/post/_/id/3749/notebook-espn-100-recruit-updates

New GopherHole Q&A: Reid Travis Discusses Gonzaga Visit, Says He Talks to Gophers Staff 2-3 Times Per Week

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/269645?referrer_id=331171

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/214626991.html

Interesting stuff from the Reid Travis interview posted on the star-tribune today. He contradicts his status with Minnesota in the two different interviews. He says he keeps in touch with Minnesota pretty often in the GH article, but he turns around and says its pretty quiet between the Gophers and himself in theStrib interview linked above.

I like to think we have a decent shot with Reid!

@evandanielsfox: Reid Travis has been aggressive tonight. Scoring well in the paint. Has hooks and can make mid-range jumpers.

Go Gophers!!

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/214626991.html

Interesting stuff from the Reid Travis interview posted on the star-tribune today. He contradicts his status with Minnesota in the two different interviews. He says he keeps in touch with Minnesota pretty often in the GH article, but he turns around and says its pretty quiet between the Gophers and himself in theStrib interview linked above.

I like to think we have a decent shot with Reid!

I don't see the contradiction. He said it was quiet in regards to setting up an official visit. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom