Quinn Carroll in the transfer portal

Quinn was second string RT this year I believe so I wouldn’t say he was “burried.” If he was third string or worse I’d think different.

Dan would definitely start at ND but what about guys like Schlueter, Ruschmeyer etc.?
Due to injury ND was thin on the line this year. Quinn got his degree from ND, I believe his dad owns some kind of software company.

Simply no factual basis to Benhart being a "good player"
It’s a moot point since I’d doubt he’d want to come here but if Guedet, the presumed RT starter next year, had been in Benhart’s role at Nebraska the last two years, would we be saying anything different about him?

I agree with this. I'm not sure if I prefer Quinn to Guedet though. Guedet looked pretty good and Quinn got beat out by two FR at tackle at Notre Dame, and Quinn seems to have struggled a bit since returning from a knee injury.

I would definitely still take Quinn here because we need more experienced depth. I also think Quinn played or at least was on depth chart at guard as well.
Didn't Quinn get beaten out by true Frosh Joe Alt?

Just a warning. Quinn's gf goes to Iowa..........And I know this because she's family.

Every John Johnston video he rags on Benhart.
Hard NO!
Esezi Otomewo owns Bryce Benhart. Esezi beat him badly in 2020 and 2021. He caused the safety in last year's game at Hungtington Bank Stadium.

"What 'yer doing down there, duh?" That was Jon Johnston's lamentation of Bryce Benhart's snafu that caused the safety.

Last edited:

Just a warning. Quinn's gf goes to Iowa..........And I know this because she's family.

giphy.gif

This cartoon saying is apropos for Benhart's play against the Gophers this past season.

Yosemite Sam: "Not that-a-way, you darn galoot!" - 'Looney Tunes'.

Going to up to Quinn if he wants to go to Iowa because of her, or he comes to Minnesota because of his family if that is his choice. Also, a better opportunity in the long run.

Love is a powerful potion.

Did Carson Hinzman announce his school choice? The Crystal Ball points to Wisconsin.

It is time to aggressively recruit him again to the Gophers. It will be a major coup.

This is hands down a bigger deal than getting Quinn Carroll for one year.

Three years.

This looks like it has legs. QC gives us positional flexibility on the right side where we replace both starters. I see him as a RG. Others see him as a RT.

Last edited:

Wonder what Fleck does to recruit these guys without annoying them with too much? Has to be somewhat stressful.

I see that both P.J. and Heather Fleck are following Quinn on Twitter. I have no idea if this means anything or not.

If Fleck and the coaching staff want Quinn and he wants to come here it’s good with me.

Last edited:

I see that both P.J. and Heather Fleck are following Quinn on Twitter. I have no idea if this means anything or not.

If Fleck and the coaching staff want Quinn and he wants to come here it’s good with me.

I believe those two followed him during his recruitment. Still there is contact between the two sides.

If he goes to iowa…he’s planning on getting buried deep.
Saw a tweet last night that Notre Dame had injuries on the OL and he still didn't play much. His transfer was not a surprise to Notre Dame media. (The tweet said this was information before he announced.)

Top Bottom