Quinn Carroll in the transfer portal

It's like a moose call from across the river. Keep practicing your moose call. Sooner or later a moose stud will thread water for a mating call.

It's like a moose call from across the river. Keep practicing your moose call. Sooner or later a moose stud will thread water for a mating call.
Is that what happens on portal recruiting visits? ;)

Any indication of what he wants to get his Master's in? I'm sure playing time and winning are paramount in his decision, but he does seem to be an academically-oriented student-athlete too.

I'd take Quinn but not Bryce. We don't need fathers bashing the program etc. any more than he has of the Gophers. Quinn would be a role model from what I see and would be a positive get to keep future Minnesotan's home in the future.

Wisconsin OL coach Joe Rudolph just resigned to coach at Virginia Tech. Not sure if that would hurt recruitment not having his position coach in place.
Quinn's brother, Collin, played at V Tech, too.

[D'oh! You were referring to Hintzman]

I'd take Quinn but not Bryce. We don't need fathers bashing the program etc. any more than he has of the Gophers. Quinn would be a role model from what I see and would be a positive get to keep future Minnesotan's home in the future.
Well said. Seems like Quinn should be welcomed back with open arms if he wants to come here. Tough to fault a kid for going to Notre Dame as that place has a special hold on a lot of players.

Benhart on the other hand has burned a ton of bridges, and frankly doesn't seem like that good of a player anyway. So I doubt he would want to come back and even if he did, I kind of doubt the staff would have much interest in bringing him back.

Virginia Tech was one of his (Carroll's) finalists, along with OSU, Wisky, Gophers....and ND obviously.

I was referring to Bucky potentially recruiting Quinn, but didn't make the VaTech connection with his brother until you pointed it out.
I was like "why would Bucky Irving be helping to recruit Carroll??", then LOL. Oops, duh of course Wisc.

No idea what VT's returning OL is like, but that could be a strong possibility if they need some players at tackle.

What did he say or what was the jist of his comments?

A tackle, though. That position we have several guys.

It's potentially interior guys we could use on the OL.
Disagree, I feel alright in the interior with JMS, Ruschmeyer who is basically a starter, Shaw and Boe.

At RT, Guedet may be all right but I’d prefer Quinn there.

Disagree, I feel alright in the interior with JMS, Ruschmeyer who is basically a starter, Shaw and Boe.

At RT, Guedet may be all right but I’d prefer Quinn there.
I agree with this. I'm not sure if I prefer Quinn to Guedet though. Guedet looked pretty good and Quinn got beat out by two FR at tackle at Notre Dame, and Quinn seems to have struggled a bit since returning from a knee injury.

I would definitely still take Quinn here because we need more experienced depth. I also think Quinn played or at least was on depth chart at guard as well.

It’s almost a given that Fleck and company will work him out before anything is finalized. Then they’ll know if he’s a fit for our line.

I agree with this. I'm not sure if I prefer Quinn to Guedet though. Guedet looked pretty good and Quinn got beat out by two FR at tackle at Notre Dame, and Quinn seems to have struggled a bit since returning from a knee injury.

I would definitely still take Quinn here because we need more experienced depth. I also think Quinn played or at least was on depth chart at guard as well.
When you say Guedet looked, what are you basing that off of?

The way I look at it, neither played much at all, both at schools that had very good OL’s and both will be the same age and have had the same amount of time to develop but one was a high-ish 3 star with a decent offer list while the other was a high 4 star that had offers from every school in the country.

When you say Guedet looked, what are you basing that off of?

The way I look at it, neither played much at all, both at schools that had very good OL’s and both will be the same age and have had the same amount of time to develop but one was a high-ish 3 star with a decent offer list while the other was a high 4 star that had offers from every school in the country.
He played a bit this season.

I hear you about what you're saying and I'm on board with bringing in Carroll. I will say that Quinn Carroll has had a bad knee injury and he is buried on the depth chart behind worse lineman than the folks Guedet was buried behind. Big Dan would have started at Notre Dame.

I believe Carroll would play guard for the gophers. As for Benhart, I'd take him in a second. He's a good player. We've beaten them enough so dad has been humbled.

Highly rated guys like this can be used as resources for Fleck. Hey, these guys left the state and look at them now. They came back.

He's a good player. We've beaten them enough so dad has been humbled.
If I recall correctly, he and another player who bolted to Nebraska from Minnesota flat out said that they weren't interested in how Fleck coached (particularly the other player). We didn't hear from Bryce firsthand, but the other guy was stating the reasons.

If I recall correctly, he and another player who bolted to Nebraska from Minnesota flat out said that they weren't interested in how Fleck coached (particularly the other player). We didn't hear from Bryce firsthand, but the other guy was stating the reasons.
Well, he's seen Fleck coach plenty now. Benhart while at Nebraska has seen 3 gopher wins.

I believe Carroll would play guard for the gophers. As for Benhart, I'd take him in a second. He's a good player. We've beaten them enough so dad has been humbled.

Highly rated guys like this can be used as resources for Fleck. Hey, these guys left the state and look at them now. They came back.

Simply no factual basis to Benhart being a "good player"

He played a bit this season.

I hear you about what you're saying and I'm on board with bringing in Carroll. I will say that Quinn Carroll has had a bad knee injury and he is buried on the depth chart behind worse lineman than the folks Guedet was buried behind. Big Dan would have started at Notre Dame.
Quinn was second string RT this year I believe so I wouldn’t say he was “burried.” If he was third string or worse I’d think different.

Dan would definitely start at ND but what about guys like Schlueter, Ruschmeyer etc.?

Top Bottom