Purdue tickets left

They might have to add some extra colors to the "stripe out" this weekend. "Bench" and "seatback" colors could be added to the existing maroon and gold stripes.

I have spent a lot of unnecessary time fretting over attendance over the years and it was around 2019 I just decided to let that go. If the U is okay with empty seats, so be it. If people don't understand college football or have been removed from it for so long that they don't care enough to go to a game when the team is on a historic upswing, so be it. If there is some economic model that says 8K empty overpriced seats is better for the U than 0 empty seats priced lower, so be it.

I would still love to see the stadium full, but I am doing my best not to worry about it when it isn't. It is crazy though to see U.S. Bank Stadium packed with tens of thousands of rednecks willing to pay considerably more to watch a team that will at best be on the playoff bubble again. I mean, I have always been the type of person that feels wearing a jersey is something for kids. I always dress in team colors/gear to show support, but jerseys just seem weird to me for anyone above the age of 18-20. And yet, I watch a Viking game on TV and the stands are not only full of 40 year olds in jerseys, but lots of face paint and goofy outfits too ("I'm gonna git myself on TV!!!").
That Jersey Mike's giftcard, tho....

I'm good for a one-time David Cobb donning, but only when it gets impossibly cold out and I can throw it on over my other 4 layers.

Daughter and I have a running competition to win that damn giftcard.

The early start time doesn't help either, especially speaking from a student perspective, as I am one.

I usually go to 2-3 home games per year, but this year I'm only going to attend 1 due to the ticket cost.

$100 per ticket (+$10 in "fees") in section 238. This is the most I've ever paid for a Gopher game and probably won't shell out this much again in the future, made an exception because it's my wife's first Gopher game.

I usually go to 2-3 home games per year, but this year I'm only going to attend 1 due to the ticket cost.

$100 per ticket (+$10 in "fees") in section 238. This is the most I've ever paid for a Gopher game and probably won't shell out this much again in the future, made an exception because it's my wife's first Gopher game.
It would be interesting to see all the behind the scenes math involved in the ticket pricing decisions. Clearly butts in the seats isn't a top priority so they must make more money by keeping the ticket price higher and selling fewer than they would if they dropped the price in order to attract more people.

There were "2 Pack" options to get an additional game for pretty nominal price (relatively speaking).

I paid $88 total after fees for a ticket to the game in Madison this November. The cheapest tickets available after fees for the home game against Iowa is $99. I get that Wisconsin has a larger stadium but they also have a much higher demand.

The prices are too high all around.

Part of the game day experience is being in a full stadium, especially the student section.
The design of the Bank is such that crowd and band noise escapes.
When Camp Randall extended the stadium upward the noise level inside increased.
Having the students together and not separated and having more students attend there than MN does also increases crowd noise.

113 is sold out...sunny side, between the 10 and 20 yard lines...list price is $165...

114 is goal line to 10....same price, just 10 left...$165

115 is next section over toward students...priced at $110...first bench section ....just 2 left

117 is next over...just 18 left..
$110 price

119 is next...last before students...$110. About 115 left

Students were near sell out

They might sell out the lower bowl....how many of big buck seats between the 30 yard lines will have butts in seats?

Part of the game day experience is being in a full stadium, especially the student section.
The design of the Bank is such that crowd and band noise escapes.
When Camp Randall extended the stadium upward the noise level inside increased.
Having the students together and not separated and having more students attend there than MN does also increases crowd noise.

Seems like it was pretty damn quiet in Camp Randall the last time the Gophers played there with a crowd

If I remember correctly, tickets to the Penn State game didn't sell out until the day before. Don't be surprised to see some movement as we get closer.

I used to attend a fair number of Vikings games. That frequency started to decline after I got Gopher season tickets and started to really enjoy the college game.

From my viewpoint, back in the 80's and 90's the "type" of people that attended Gopher and Viking games generally felt about the same. Things really changed on the Viking side in the late 90's and has maintained ever since, while the crowds at Gopher games feel about the same.

It really stuck out to me because when I did attend my most recent rare Viking game, the atmosphere was vastly different than the one I had become used to in the 80's and 90's. Way more face paint. Younger. Lots of younger couples with two drinks in each hand, guzzling booze. Way more obscenities and yelling at each other. All in all, it felt like a roadhouse compared to the "old days".

I don't doubt that this happens to some extent at Gopher games, but I can emphatically say it doesn't happen AT ALL in our section, or anywhere within my viewpoint. But, admittedly I don't move around the stadium much. I tend to go from the tailgate directly to our seats, and with the exception of an occasional trip to the bathroom, I just sit in our seats until the game is over.
Yeah the Cosplay element at Vikings game is a little strange :)

Can those concerned about price still by reduced season ticket packages? I would imagine if you could you could buy that cool flex pass for around $150 per ticket

If I remember correctly, tickets to the Penn State game didn't sell out until the day before. Don't be surprised to see some movement as we get closer.
Sold out two days before kickoff

So 600 tix sold yesterday after the public had all weekend to soak in the accolades directed at the Gophers? Only 6000 to go? No problem.

So 600 tix sold yesterday after the public had all weekend to soak in the accolades directed at the Gophers? Only 6000 to go? No problem.
If they end up with 3000 unsold tickets is that a big deal?

I'll never understand the "We love the Gophers and hate the Vikings" (or vice versa) attitude. I'm a MINNESOTA fan. Whether it be the Gophers (men and women), Vikings, Lynx, Loons, Timberwolves, Whitecaps, etc. - if they are playing, I'm cheering for them. They represent my state.

What really drives me nuts, are people that were born and raised in MN and have never left the state, yet their favorite team is the Yankees, or the Dolphins, Knicks, etc. That just baffles me.

I'm a current Vikings season ticket holder and former Gopher season ticket holder. I don't consider myself a redneck. Norwood Teague blew it for me and my group as Gopher football customers. We've not gone back since the infamous ticket donation hike. I'd never go back to being a Gopher season ticket holder since I can't sell the games I can't go to. For NFL games there are always takers no matter the game. Both products can co-exist, I like both, always have always will.
I’m curious where your Vikings season tickets are located and what you pay? Does it come close to or exceed what you would have paid for Gopher season tickets? I didn’t like the the price hike either but I decided to move to a seat without a seat license. I don’t attend all the games, so I put my tickets on Stub Hub. It would take a lot for me to give up my season ticket. I would never buy a Vikings season ticket or pay to go to one game. I would rather support college kids than millionaire players.

I'll never understand the "We love the Gophers and hate the Vikings" (or vice versa) attitude. I'm a MINNESOTA fan. Whether it be the Gophers (men and women), Vikings, Lynx, Loons, Timberwolves, Whitecaps, etc. - if they are playing, I'm cheering for them. They represent my state.

What really drives me nuts, are people that were born and raised in MN and have never left the state, yet their favorite team is the Yankees, or the Dolphins, Knicks, etc. That just baffles me.
Completely agree. I love the Vikings, just hate the smugness from a large portion of the fan base/media. Yes there is some smugness the other direction, but it's pretty heavily tilted one way IMO.

Also, people who are Viking/Badger fans make me sick.

I’m curious where your Vikings season tickets are located and what you pay? Does it come close to or exceed what you would have paid for Gopher season tickets? I didn’t like the the price hike either but I decided to move to a seat without a seat license. I don’t attend all the games, so I put my tickets on Stub Hub. It would take a lot for me to give up my season ticket. I would never buy a Vikings season ticket or pay to go to one game. I would rather support college kids than millionaire players.
At TCF/Huntington Bank Stadium, our seat location was Sec 133 (row 11 was the location the final year). Year to year I'd say I would eat the cost of maybe 2 or 3 games because I couldn't go and was next to impossible to sell them for even below face value (the secondary market was always full of tickets and pricing competitively was very hard). At USBank Stadium, similar viewpoint in a lower-level corner (Section 138). While the overall pricing is much higher (as expected for pro vs college sports), I don't struggle with the games I don't go to. It has been a decent investment since 2016. I always have friends who would like to buy a game. Very easy to sell on the secondary market, receiving at least face value.

As far as "rather supporting college kids than millionaire players" I don't believe I said I stopped supporting anything University related. I just stopped being a football season ticket customer.

I don't understand this either. Nor the judgement about the "typical Vikings fan". It's like some sort of vitriol because the NFL is more popular here than the U. Would have preferred to stay a Gopher season ticket holder but the U made their move and I decided to make a change as a result.

If the crowd is 50K+ the fact that it isn't a sellout really won't matter.
Kinda my thoughts. 90% full or more is a sellout feel. I may try to drag some family along with me. Need to coordinate that.

Yes missed that was looking at wrong ones. You’re right though 65 bucks for nosebleeds is too much.
Referencing “Nosebleeds” in a 50K seat facility is disingenuous, if not an impossibility. I intentionally went from my season ticket seats in 238, during a NU game several years ago and sat in the top row (corner) just to check it out. Beautiful sight lines, no issues, great. If you have/had visited LSU, DKR Stadium, Sanford, Kyle Field, other biggies and etc., as I have been fortunate to experience, you would reconsider your definition.

Top Bottom